ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Jones credits 4 people for the survival of PSU FB. Any guesses?

Once again, the firestorm was "epic" because the trustees themselves, and Erickson, were fueling the firestorm.
The firestorm was going full bore by Monday morning. The narrative was set in stone by the 3rd day of the scandal. If anybody thinks the narrative was up in the air until the Freeh report came out then I would disagree.

Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
Yes there is a blueprint. Anyone with a brain knows what it is. It's PR 101 and doesn't take a PR expert to figure it out. It goes as follows:

-Take a neutral stance and place all involved individuals on admin leave until due process runs it's course and the FACTS come out.

The media was basing all of their reports on a GJP. A one sided, non factual, prosecutorial document that was ILLEGALLY posted (how the media/OAG got away with disseminating it is beyond me). Certainly Ken Frazier, being a Harvard trained lawyer, knew that. Yet he allowed PSU to get crucified by the media and allowed a GJP to drive the firing of Joe by the BOT. Surma even said in the press conference "we don't know all the facts yet" and that all they had was the media reports/GJP. Don't you find that odd?? Why in the hell would Frazier be on board with such a plan?? It wasn't because it's what PR 101 dictated to do, that's for sure.

There are numerous PR/Crisis management experts (including PSU's own Stephen Fink) who have SHREDDED the PSU OG BOT for how the handled the JS crisis. In fact they messed up so bad it's causing people to wonder if there was a hidden agenda behind such terrible decisions.
Each situation is different and to think somehow the PR 101 regular dose was going to work here is asking a mighty lot. I disagree with the perception that this could have easily been turned around.

Well, fans were a given - when we say the program was 'saved', I think we know that term is mostly hyperbole. What we're saying is, who was most responsible for limiting Penn State's down years to a few at most, compared to maybe a decade or so. With this fan base (and their $$$$), there's no way Penn State would have ever truly been over IMO. You see what happened when OB left - someone at Old Main decided to pony up for a hot coach, when they could have hired a nobody and let the program turn into Indiana.
They have hired two good coaches since Tom Bradley's interim stint.

LOL.

Can you read? Seriously.

Aside from getting the "409" back.....which element of the CD did the "Corman Victory" erase?

There were NINE penalties outlined in the CD (you can reference the picture above for a list - or pull up the CD yourself).

I'll wait........

In the meantime:

He managed to:
- terminate the discovery/trial portions of the suit (which was a HUGE victory for the NCAA and the PSU BOT Scoundrels)
- put PSU on the hook for another $2 million in extortion (paying the Commonwealth's legal bills)
- forcing an agreement on the part of Penn State that the NCAA "acted with a good faith interest" (another HUGE victory for the NCAA - and, by proxy, the OG Scoundrels. A victory which has raised the uphill incline for every other legal action that is ongoing, including the "Paterno Suit")

LMAO.

BTW, the answer to the earlier question is ZERO. NADA. ZILCH.

409!!!! Yippee!!!
Are you 3 years old. What is your problem? Do you actually believe anything you write? Somebody did a job on you. You mistake Corman as having to have the same agenda as you. You also think that Barron, the AD, and those holding those positions before them have to share your agenda. The world does not revolve around you. Your a walking insult factory second only to Bushwood. Corman got what he wanted and because he does not share your agenda he is no good. What a joke of a human being you are. All that I can say is that I can't make you smart.

]
The firestorm was going full bore by Monday morning. The narrative was set in stone by the 3rd day of the scandal. If anybody thinks the narrative was up in the air until the Freeh report came out then I would disagree.

2011 was 10x worse than the week the Freeh report came out. Spanier's non-response to the evolving scandal was deafening, and very damaging as it allowed idiots at ESPN to control the narrative. Nothing of substance was explored, including TSM or politicians, and that is because the story was being interpreted by walking toupees who normally spend their year narrating 4,500 home run highlights.

Reactions: BBrown

I actually think things had settled down considerably prior to the release of the Freeh report. If you remember even at the time of JVP's death there seemed to be a re-evaluation of the narrative by more reasonable people in the media. if the Freeh report had never happened Peetz's quote about this being a distant memory may have been accurate.

Hiring Freeh and allowing him to hold his grandstanding presser was one of the biggest screw ups by the OG BOT.

Are you 3 years old. What is your problem? Do you actually believe anything you write? Somebody did a job on you. You mistake Corman as having to have the same agenda as you. You also think that Barron, the AD, and those holding those positions before them have to share your agenda. The world does not revolve around you. Your a walking insult factory second only to Bushwood. Corman got what he wanted and because he does not share your agenda he is no good. What a joke of a human being you are. All that I can say is that I can't make you smart.

And, yes, I did notice that all of your BS to obfuscate notwithstanding.....you conveniently forgot to answer the question:

"Aside from getting the "409" back.....which element of the CD did the "Corman Victory" erase?"

th

Nice try.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
I actually think things had settled down considerably prior to the release of the Freeh report. If you remember even at the time of JVP's death there seemed to be a re-evaluation of the narrative by more reasonable people in the media. if the Freeh report had never happened Peetz's quote about this being a distant memory may have been accurate.

Hiring Freeh and allowing him to hold his grandstanding presser was one of the biggest screw ups by the OG BOT.
I don't think there ever was a reevaluation of the narrative. The poster that said 2011 was 10x worse than the week of the Freeh report has it right.

And, yes, I did notice that all of your BS to obfuscate notwithstanding.....you conveniently forgot to answer the question:

"Aside from getting the "409" back.....which element of the CD did the "Corman Victory" erase?"

th

Nice try.
So I guess the pressure he put on the NCAA had nothing to do with them dropping sanctions? Did he or did he not accomplish the goal of his (not your) lawsuit? He was not even after 409 but his effort got that accomplished but you see that as no big deal. Do you think the players and the Paterno family think that is not a big deal? It may not be the biggest deal of all but it is big nonetheless. Your just another ungrateful guy who doesn't even understand how much Corman did to keep pressure on the NCAA. Try to accept that your goals were not his goals. Also the picture of you with your head in the sand is perfect. Anybody that can throw around all the unsubstantiated innuendo that you and some others do have to have their head in the sand. Your the guy that said every fan in a particular fan base is bad. It's the mark of a guy that is biased and unreasonable. You can't be trusted to get anything right.

Agree 100%

Excerpt from his article. [...]
"Then-PSU president Rodney Erickson had to make a decision on whether to sign the NCAA's consent decree or fight. I have maintained before and will here that it was a much tougher decision than all the university's patriots and legal pundits who deal in absolutes would have you believe.."
What a hypocritical moron. "Erickson had to make a decision on whether to sign the NCAA's consent decree or fight" then he rambles on to complain about people who "deal in absolutes".

Somebody needs to remind this buffoon he's talking about the same Erickson who couldn't explain, under oath, why the fine jumped from $30 million to $60 million.

LOL. George Mitchell.No just a guy doing a job. I guess the chick that picks up the phone at the NCAA is automatically a piece of garage? You are such a pleasant individual. Can't you use reason to separate the guy from the job? Is it because you are not intellectually strong enough to realize he (Mitchell) did not write the rules he was sent to enforce? So a guy sent to do a job most think is not necessary is perceived as no good even after he gives Penn State very positive marks. I can separate the two. Mitchell was good to us and if you think otherwise you obviously did not read his reports or you have a bias.

th

Typical welfare consuming politician.

Guys who can't help but to prostitute their "credentials" in the public sector to wallow in fat payoffs (ala "His Honor" Louis)

I don't know how much went straight into Georgie's pocket.....but he charged MLB $20 million for his half-assed steroids report (which just so happened to "miss" David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez - members of the BoSox, the team that Georgie was on the Board of)......and we know PSU was extorted out of millions more.

Like so many of these self-important dust-farters, In his 60's, dumped his long term spouse, to shag up with a woman in her 30's:
3957-135230-gh.jpg

F George Mitchell.

Assclown.

Yes there is a blueprint. Anyone with a brain knows what it is. It's PR 101 and doesn't take a PR expert to figure it out. It goes as follows:

-Take a neutral stance and place all involved individuals on admin leave until due process runs it's course and the FACTS come out.

The media was basing all of their reports on a GJP. A one sided, non factual, prosecutorial document that was ILLEGALLY posted (how the media/OAG got away with disseminating it is beyond me). Certainly Ken Frazier, being a Harvard trained lawyer, knew that. Yet he allowed PSU to get crucified by the media and allowed a GJP to drive the firing of Joe by the BOT. Surma even said in the press conference "we don't know all the facts yet" and that all they had was the media reports/GJP. Don't you find that odd?? Why in the hell would Frazier be on board with such a plan?? It wasn't because it's what PR 101 dictated to do, that's for sure.

There are numerous PR/Crisis management experts (including PSU's own Stephen Fink) who have SHREDDED the PSU OG BOT for how the handled the JS crisis. In fact they messed up so bad it's causing people to wonder if there was a hidden agenda behind such terrible decisions.
Take a neutral stance? It's child molestation for God's sake. I am sorry but the pressure of society dictates in many cases unjustly that action be taken. The University would have needed a BP like PR campaign financed with BP like money to have any chance to put any kind of a dent in the narrative that was set very early when the scandal broke. We just are going to disagree on this one.

A few random points:

The Central PA bubble (and I'd extend it out to much of the state) is real. Yes, not everyone in PA lives Penn State. But, you have a large critical mass of people who do. If you weren't outside the bubble when this happened, you have no idea what it was like. When people say they thought the university should have been shut down completely, not just the football program, and burned to the ground, they meant it. It was THAT BAD. The possibility of getting kicked out of the B1G was real , people were so upset (yeah, I know, a lot of you would love to have been kicked out, but trust me, NO OTHER CONFERENCE would have taken us at that point).

People will be offended by a lot of things. And they will forgive a lot of scandals. But there is one line you don't cross in this country, and that is child rape. Sandusky could have been a serial killer and it wouldn't have been as bad as it was.

As if being accused of covering up the granddaddy of all sins wasn't enough, it was why. Not to protect the university's reputation (which would have been bad enough), but to protect football. A game. A game that many people feel has gotten too big and too commercial and too corrupt as it is. This just fed into that narrative, reinforced what they already believed. Like if a huge investigation claimed to have definitive proof that SEC schools handed bags of cash to recruits. Everyone on this board would be quick to believe it and denounce it without reviewing the investigation.

Most people outside of Penn Staters have followed this in any detail. They don't see the ridiculousness of Baldwin's presence in the Grand Jury room, but trying to claim she wasn't representing them. They don't know what Fina said about Joe not being a part of it. They don't ask why the Second Mile wasn't investigated. They don't see how Sandusky didn't have a fair trial. This is what they know: the grandstanding AG when charges were brought and what she said. Joe was fired (so he must be guilty), no one at PSU. They know the BOT didn't defend the university and that the university settled with Sanduskys victims again, they must be guilty. And they know what Freeh said, and the university didn't defend themselves. To them, it's very cut and dry, and there's no grey area.

We love nothing more in this country than to tear down our heroes. We love to prove that the powerful and rich are no better than us. After all, it's Murica, everyone is equal, our leaders just think they're better than us. The AG served up one of the biggest heroes on a plate, and not only tore him down, made him a hypocrit in the eyes of the public.

The press loved the above narrative, and went with it blindly. Fact checking be damned.

The university, in a move not to come across as callous to the victims, lost complete control of the narrative, and didn't even seem to try to get it back. And anything that did find out, seemed only to reinforce it.

For reasons only they know, the BOT let football take the fall. Maybe they were covering their own asses, as has been discussed. Maybe some personal vendettas came into play. Maybe they were protecting the university as a whole, and scapegoated Joe and the football program. People "in the know" have said for quite some time that while some people eventually will come out of this looking better, others will look worse. Maybe they thought they were protecting the university itself by deflecting blame. It's possible. We don't have all the facts yet. And remember our accreditation with Middle States was being challenged when this happened as well, and we were being investigated for Clery Act violations. What happened to football and athletics would have been small potatoes if we lost the accreditation. That could have ruined the entire university.

Those of you saying we shouldn't have signed the consent decree... well, I honestly don't know. Barring any new information coming out, I personally believe the wrong people were punished, and that people and programs were scapegoated. That said... let's assume that Penn State said no and didn't cooperate. At that point he NCAA has to take control, they can't be seen as weak, and remember the public wants the university shut down completely. So they impose the death penalty. Let's say a judge issued a stay. You know the court probably grants a stay while the case is litigated. Now, my guess is the NCAA drags this out as long as they can. They would probably still be delaying and fighting. Even without sanctions, Penn State would be trying to recruit with the threat of the death penalty over its head. I have a feeling the program would have went in the shitter because of that. Those of you who think it would have been over quickly are delusional. In the meantime, you greatly underestimate how the university and how the team would have been treated. Once we lost the narrative and it got to Freeh, for us to say no, you can't punish us, EVEN IF WE WERE RIGHT, wouldn't matter. At that point we would have been the cultists who protected football over children, and now we still didn't get it by fighting punishment. The ref who said "you're lucky to be playing" would have been the least of our concerns. You've heard the expression "dead right?" We would have been the poster children for that. The live to fight another day is a good analogy. Although it would appear to not be the strategy the BOT and admins are following.

Where the Board went wrong with its "move on" mantra was misunderstanding 1. The alumni's depth of connection to the university, and to Joe specifically, 2. The alumni's desire to find out what really happened, punish those who were guilty, 3. The alumni's commitment to finding the truth, no matter where it leads, and even if that leads to more disappointment.

I believe people and departments were scapegoated, and I want to know the truth. I do worry about where it leads, but am prepared to deal with it. I want guilty parties punished, and reputations restored as much as possible. But as much as I think the BOT and Adminstration have mishandled this from the beginning, to say that we should have fought the NCAA and not signed the decree ignores the fact that our opportunity to minimize any damage had passed back in November through January.

I agree with most of your points. Where I think you come up short is hammering home the point that the BoT's biggest "mistake" was hiring Louis Freeh and turning him loose to release a report with ridiculously unsupported conclusions and then to go on national TV reiterating and emphasizing those conclusions. I put mistake in quotes because I do not believe that it was a mistake at all. I believe a few of the trustees (Corbett, Frazier and Peetz for sure and probably a few others) knew exactly what the outcome of the report would be when they hired Freeh and Lanny Davis (scapegoat the dead guy and move on). The rest of the lemmings on the Board went along for the ride (and the pastries) thinking this was all above board. Once they got to July 2012 and the Freeh hack job was released, they effectively gave the keys to the process to a maligned and damaged NCAA and a power hungry freak in Emmert, and at that point had no choice but to sign the consent decree to "save" the football program. I say save although I too believe we would not have received the death penalty per se at that time had we not signed, and the process would have dragged out. That said the football program would have been crippled and would not be in anywhere near the shape we are in right now had they not signed.

I guess everybody will have their own view of whether standing up to the NCAA on the CD would have been worth being in a materially different position right now from a football perspective. I go back and forth on that myself. Regardless, you are correct that the massive mistakes happened not in July, but pretty much every step of the way between November and July.

Reactions: Zenophile

These people conveniently forget or never recognized in the first place exactly how venomous was the national perception of Penn State at the time. I believe a position of contrition rather than contention was a wise one in 2012. That the football program was allowed merely to stay afloat without an injunction was better for the perception of the university in the long run.

The act of contrition was never accepted by anyone. It was interpreted as a declaration of guilt. It backfired. Said that a year ago. The silence of PSU was nothing more than an admission of guilt that PSU did KNOWINGLY enable a pedophile to roam its campus.

No one knew precisely what Sandusky was doing. It defies common sense to think that 4 or 5 adults knew Sandusky was sodomizing several kids and did nothing in the name of football. Utterly ridiculous.

So I guess the pressure he put on the NCAA had nothing to do with them dropping sanctions? Did he or did he not accomplish the goal of his (not your) lawsuit? He was not even after 409 but his effort got that accomplished but you see that as no big deal. Do you think the players and the Paterno family think that is not a big deal? It may not be the biggest deal of all but it is big nonetheless. Your just another ungrateful guy who doesn't even understand how much Corman did to keep pressure on the NCAA. Try to accept that your goals were not his goals. Also the picture of you with your head in the sand is perfect. Anybody that can throw around all the unsubstantiated innuendo that you and some others do have to have their head in the sand. Your the guy that said every fan in a particular fan base is bad. It's the mark of a guy that is biased and unreasonable. You can't be trusted to get anything right.
LMAO....

Still waiting -

You're the one who wants to claim the big victory. Give me ONE....just ONE.....of the CD provisions that the Corman Victory erased. LOL.

All nine of those penalties are listed for you. How much easier could it be?

Go ahead......I'm waiting.

LMAO.

Done with you......more fruitful to try to teach a fish to climb a tree......rather than to "debate" with anyone so oblivious/conflicted.

Last edited:
The act of contrition was never accepted by anyone. It was interpreted as a declaration of guilt. It backfired. Said that a year ago. The silence of PSU was nothing more than an admission of guilt that PSU did KNOWINGLY enable a pedophile to roam its campus.

No one knew precisely what Sandusky was doing. It defies common sense to think that 4 or 5 adults knew Sandusky was sodomizing several kids and did nothing in the name of football. Utterly ridiculous.

Apparently David Jones did.
Wonder why his feet aren't being held to the fire?

Reactions: Zenophile
My 4 people for the survival of PSU FB.

Joe Paterno, he recruited the kids that stayed!
Bill O'Brien
Mike Mauti & Bill Zordich
Hackenburg & Brennanman they kept their commitment

I tried to give our "leaders" the benefit of the doubt -- until they delivered this little gem of a quote in the now-infamous USA Today story:

"That would become the new great experiment. Can you properly position athletics and not compromise academics?" o_O

Link: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...ickson-interview-football-emphasis/51686080/1

This is a doozy of an excerpt from the article as well:

excerpt from USAToday article said:
In his first extensive interview since taking office last month, Penn State President Rodney Erickson told USA TODAY on Tuesday that he is seeking to transform the university's public image from a football school to a "world class research institution."

PSU has been one of the nation's laregest research institutions long before Fraudney or the b1g Turd affiliation even came to town. The notion that Fraudney is going to make PSU into a world-class institution is so filled with arogance, hubris, self-promotion, etc... it is disgusting. I've got to go, because I feel that nauseous felling coming on and have to go puke now.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Corman?!? You said you hated the lawsuit, repeatedly said it had no merit, and it wasn't doing any good.

Interesting. Interesting how indebted the Scoundrels and their Minions now feel to Corman.

God-all-mighty.....the vision of that BOT room when the Corman Betrayal was finalized:

- I swear, Beetlejuice Frazier and Dicky Dandrea were giving each other "hand-service" underneath the table.
- Eckel was so overjoyed he nearly choked on a Danish.....while Masser scrambled around the room looking for boots to lick.
- Somewhere Karen was polishing up her riding crop....as she navigated through her phone's directory, looking for CR's number.

Everybody is missing "the elephant in the room" that identifies Jones' piece for the pure garbage "propaganda" meant to defend clearly immoral, corrupt pieces of shat who are not just self-interested cowards but outright indefensible lowlife's and thieves.... The memo's already released CLEARLY demonstrate that the NCAA, corrupt elements of PSU's Executive Committee AND the b1g Turd conference were sharing information regarding Freeh's work and their positions on the issue all the way back to it's inception. The NCAA states in their OWN MEMOS well before the Consent Decree "cram down" that the threat of a "death penalty" was a bluff that they had no intention of carrying out and were only using in an attempt to extort a signature from PSU to the Consent Decree which the NCAA wrote (clearly making the Consent Decree a "Contract of Adhesion" born of DEALING IN BAD FAITH on the part of the NCAA given the NCAA is a member-owned organization and PSU was a member in good standing at the time....and therefore VOIDABLE).

Doofus Davey "tO$U" Jones COMPLETELY IGNORES the fact that the NCAA in their OWN MEMOS before the event admits that the threat of a DP was absurd on its face, that they had no authority to do such a thing AND FINALLY, that they had no intention of carrying the threat out...it was merely going to be used to coerce the coward Fraudney Erickson into signing (who they knew would wilt even if they only had a squirt gun to point at him!!).

So let me get this straight according to Moron Jones, it was an incredible act on Fraudney's part to sign a doc based on an "empty threat" that even the NCAA says in their memos before the event has little hope of working, and they have no intent of carrying out, except for the fact that the party they are going to perpetrate the dwindle upon is a completely servile, sniveling boob? It's a stroke of genius to pay hundreds of millions in the form of outright payments or catastrophic damages to avoid an outcome that the NCAA THEMSELVES says was not a potential outcome??? ROTGLMFAO, Jones the imbecile has outdone even himself with this twisted "pretzel logic" which is nothing but pablum propaganda meant to defend Delany and the scumbag filled big Turd conference which ILLEGALLY has withheld PSU's Bowl Revenue Share following the 2012 & 2013 seasons.

Reading through all the material on it, you get a faint sense that the NCAA, save perhaps for Emmert himself, were actually surprised that Penn State fell for it.

SEPTIC MAN is at it again......trying time after time to rewrite history and bother us all with his Bullsh*t!

A few random points:

The Central PA bubble (and I'd extend it out to much of the state) is real. Yes, not everyone in PA lives Penn State. But, you have a large critical mass of people who do. If you weren't outside the bubble when this happened, you have no idea what it was like. When people say they thought the university should have been shut down completely, not just the football program, and burned to the ground, they meant it. It was THAT BAD. The possibility of getting kicked out of the B1G was real , people were so upset (yeah, I know, a lot of you would love to have been kicked out, but trust me, NO OTHER CONFERENCE would have taken us at that point).

People will be offended by a lot of things. And they will forgive a lot of scandals. But there is one line you don't cross in this country, and that is child rape. Sandusky could have been a serial killer and it wouldn't have been as bad as it was.

As if being accused of covering up the granddaddy of all sins wasn't enough, it was why. Not to protect the university's reputation (which would have been bad enough), but to protect football. A game. A game that many people feel has gotten too big and too commercial and too corrupt as it is. This just fed into that narrative, reinforced what they already believed. Like if a huge investigation claimed to have definitive proof that SEC schools handed bags of cash to recruits. Everyone on this board would be quick to believe it and denounce it without reviewing the investigation.

What complete horse$hit - NOBODY IN THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM ATTEMPTED TO COVER-UP ANYTHING. The accusations against Sandusky had ZERO to do with PSU or PSU Football other than the FACT that the shameless, zero-principle, zero-ethics, moral-hypocrite scum who are slinging this FALSE NARRATIVE granted 'Ole Soapy "Emeritus Status" (e.g., lifetime access to and a permanent office in the Athletic Complex) and UNLIMITED ACCESS FOR HIS CHARITY TO USE PSU's FACILITIES in 1999 less than 6 months after a mother made an accusation of CSA against Sandusky and PSU investigated the incident via its MOST SENIOR DETECTIVE in the University Park, PA Police Department, Ron Schreffler. Schreffler's investigation and therefore report to THE UNIVERSITY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE was that Sandusky was GUILTY AS CHARGED and the case was even ADVANCED from the UPPD to the Centre County DA for PROSECUTION!!! And Schreffler is quoted as telling the Centre County DA that he felt strongly that Sandusky was guilty and should be prosecuted. Despite the University's own INTERNAL INVESTIGATION finding Sandusky guilty as charged of the CSA accusation made against him in 1998, the Executive Committee of the BOT gave Soapy a "sweetheart retirement deal" that included the granting of "Emeritus Status" for DISTINGUISHED SERVICE that he did not even qualify for on "credentials" and had to be given a waiver on credentials by the Provost of the University, none other than Fraudney Erickson at the time (another Fraudney signature just like his illegal signature violating the PSU Charter on the "Consent Decree"). Mighty strange that the MOST POWERFUL parties at PSU are granting Soapy and his Charity this kind of deal and access less than 6 months after an INTERNAL INVESTIGATION found him likely guilty as sin of CSA and child-molestation in regards to one of his Charity's youth participants!!! Even stranger that this SAME Executive Committee of the BOT would essentially give Sandusky and his charity 15 acres of land for a hundred thousand dollars and change that was worth many millions of $$$s to developers because it was located directly adjacent to, and shared a border with, the PSU campus. In the official Press Release on the sale, the EC of the BOT PRAISE SANDUSKY and state that the land will be used by Sandusky to build the "Campus Headquarters and Facility" for his charity!!! Oh yea, this effort to get Sandusky and his charity off the PSU campus by the VERY PEOPLE WHO PUT HIM THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE was in the Spring 2002 just after the INTERNAL INVESTIGATION of Mike McQueary's internal report of seeing Sandusky behaving questionably with a TSM Youth Participant in the PSU Athletic Facilities and as a result of that Internal Investigation Sandusky's unlimited access for his youth charities participants was voided and he was banned from bringing TSM children on campus. What a coinky-dink that the very people who gave him the access in the first place then GRANT HIM EXTREMELY VALUABLE LAND to build his "dream TSM campus" on what used to be PSU Property and Campus DIRECTLY AFTER THE Mike McQueary Incident that resulted in TSM getting banned from PSU's campus! Things that make you go hhhhhmmmmm??? Fraudney Erickson tapped Sandusky to do the commencement speach for Health and Human Services in 2010 I believe it was!!! The LIARS and CORRUPT SCUMBAGS who were the architects of FALSE NARRATIVE (people like Fraudney, Joyner, Lubert, Garban....) were the REAL "friends and enablers of Jerry", not Joe Paterno, quite the opposite! Many of these powerful Board Members traced their friendship with Sandusky all the way back to their college days together (in fact, I believe Surma's brother lived with Sandusky when he was at PSU). Not only did JVP have a fairly rocky relationship with Sandusky and wanted him out by the 1990s, but Soapy's "powerful friends" protected him -- JVP even made it known that he was AGAINST the "sweetheart retirement deal" these people granted Soapy and JVP made it quite clear that he did not want Sandusky and his charity in the Athletic Facilities, but the true "friends and enablers of Jerry" did it anyway despite JVP's opposition!!! (or quite possible to spite JVP and his opposition to their plan!!!).

Take a neutral stance? It's child molestation for God's sake. I am sorry but the pressure of society dictates in many cases unjustly that action be taken. The University would have needed a BP like PR campaign financed with BP like money to have any chance to put any kind of a dent in the narrative that was set very early when the scandal broke. We just are going to disagree on this one.

Yes and that's exactly why you don't admit guilt that CSS enabled JS and take ownership of JS's crimes until, you know, it's actually been proven that thats what happened. CSS haven't even had their damned trials yet for crying out loud! We don't even know if PSU even has anything to be contrite about yet.

The job of fiduciaries is to not let the pressure of society dictate your decisions. You dictate your decisions based on facts/due process/due diligence and on 11/11 we had nothing except a non factual one sided GJP.

Reactions: royboy
As I posted on twitter. I have 6 that saved penn state.
1) obie..coach that recruited to keep program afloat
2) mauti...No explanation needed...when a team wears your number on senior day after you fought to keep program together
3) franklin
4) sue paterno...she is number 1...fighting from day 1 to topple lies that hurt all of us
5) ficken...redemption story
6) every single one of the penn state fans/alumni that fought ncaa...the armen keteyians...the dan berensteins...the ones that got cease and desist letters from ncaa banned for hammering the liars and destroyers. The ones that don't punch others that call penn state and us various names..its everyday battle...and as always WE ARE winning

Last edited:
Remember when Dave Jones was bragging that he found about Sandusky in 2005? #enabler

Jones really stringing himself up there -- he claims to have heard about the 1998 Incident, but couldn't find additional info in 2005. He can't claim he didn't hear of the Penn State POLICE REPORT once the story broke -- Ron Schreffler, one of the highest ranking officers and the highest ranking detective, in the University Park, PA Police Department ABSOLUTELY filed a report of the 1998 Incident (a 100 page report IN FACT) -- this report was posted all over the place after the story broke (and Jones would have known soon than most as it very clearly appears that Jones, and the HP-N, was sharing information and feeding information both ways with the AG's Office in 2010 and possibly all the way back to the start of the SWIGJ in Spring 2009 -- and we all know who the AG was in that time frame!). So given that Jones had heard long ago that Sandusky was moved out as a result of CSA accusations and then would have easily seen that Screffler did IN FACT conduct a PSU Police Department Internal Investigation of Sandusky in 1998 on these very charges and Schreffler's findings were that Sandusky was, in his opinion, guilty as charged as EVIDENCED BY THE FACT that Schreffler forwarded the case to the Centre County DA with a request for PROSECUTION!!!

So once this story broke and Jones had this information in his hands, it would have DEFACTO confirmed the story he heard about Sandusky and a 1998 CSA Incident and that Sandusky was removed from his coaching responsibilities as a result of PSU's Internal Investigation!!! In other words, it would have very clearly painted the picture for Jones that the parties who ENABLED Sandusky despite a PSU Police Investigation that found Sandusky guilty of the TSM mother's charges of CSA would have been none other than the Executive Committe of the BOT who "moved Sandusky out" of his coaching responsibilities via a SWEETHEART RETIREMENT DEAL that included lifetime access to the campus and a permanent office in the Athletic Dept via the granting of "Emeritus Status" that he didn't even qualify for on his credentials -- the sweetheart deal also gave Soapy unlimited access for his personal charity that he founded and ran with an iron-fist as the most powerful control person via his Founder's Status! Jones would have also known that Paterno VEHEMENTLY protested against the EC of the BOT granting Sandusky this access and stated his reason why as "potential liability" (because Paterno knew nothing about the investigation and that Soapy should have been TERMINATED for cause rather than being proffered a sweetheart retirement deal he didn't deserve -- quite the opposite in FACT).

IOW, Jones would have known who REALLY was responsible for "enabling" and "protecting" Sandusky and conspiring with him to grow his FRAUDULENT CHARITY as evidenced by the sweetheart retirement deal in 1999 rather than firing Sandusky as he deserved and the absurd gift land-grant in Spring 2002 directly after the MM Incident! And Jones would have known that the "enabler" and "protector" of Sandusky were powerful elements on the EC of the PSU BOT -- not JVP, who was known to have a rocky relationship with Soapy at the time.....was known to have asked Sandusky to either "move on" or retire multiple times in the 1990s....was known to have been VEHEMENTLY against the sweetheart deal's lifetime access to PSU's Athletic Facilities that it was providing to Huggy Bear! So why is Jones claiming JVP was responsible and he was going to bring him down when he would have known for sure that the parties responsible were the powerful and corrupt "friends of Jerry" elements of the EC of the PSU BOT -- the very parties who ARCHITECTED the FALSE NARRATIVE that Jones played a role in propagating???

As I posted on twitter. I have 6 that saved penn state.
1) obie..coach that recruited to keep program afloat
2) mauti...No explanation needed...when a team wears your number on senior day after you fought to keep program together
3) franklin
4) sue paterno...she is number 1...fighting from day 1 to topple lies that hurt all of us
5) ficken...redemption story
6) every single one of the penn state fans/alumni that fought ncaa...the armen keteyians...the dan berensteins...the ones that got cease and desist letters from ncaa banned for hammering the liars and destroyers. The ones that don't punch others that call penn state and us various names..its everyday battle...and as always WE ARE winning

Excellent point about Ficken. The media and many others online jumped all over him after the Virginia game. We've all seen kickers who have missed multiple field goals in a game, but rarely has it gotten the negative attention that Ficken did. Of course, the Ficken game was magnified by the fact that it was Penn State shortly after the sanctions hit. Some people tried to say it was a sign that Penn State was cursed and should not be playing football.

Instead of giving up, Ficken worked hard on his technique and improved greatly during that same 2012 season. By season's end, he was one of the most consistent kickers in the nation, and he kicked the game-winning field goal against Wisconsin. Suddenly, he was getting positive press coverage, which helped to demonstrate the resilience of the Penn State players. It was a great story that showed what Penn State Football is really about.

Here is another important aspect related to the football program. When Ficken was down in 2012, fellow Penn Stater Robbie Gould reached out to help him. That demonstrated that Penn State Football is a family. The family aspect, which I believe is a unique aspect of Penn State Football, certainly helped hold the program together.

One of my favorite pictures from the past few years of Penn State Football:

10615627_10153284780545663_3532017637662164545_n.jpg

I was thinking Joe, myself. It was built the right way. The structure was already there. The players that stepped up were Joe's recruits. They were the type of kids Joe has always had in his program. The alumni, fans, current students, etc.. all were there because of what Joe built and they were eager to stand by their school. Penn State was so big, the Big Ten and NCAA certainly didn't want to lose their brand even if just for selfish financial reasons.

Yep.

Excellent point about Ficken. The media and many others online jumped all over him after the Virginia game. We've all seen kickers who have missed multiple field goals in a game, but rarely has it gotten the negative attention that Ficken did. Of course, the Ficken game was magnified by the fact that it was Penn State shortly after the sanctions hit. Some people tried to say it was a sign that Penn State was cursed and should not be playing football.

Instead of giving up, Ficken worked hard on his technique and improved greatly during that same 2012 season. By season's end, he was one of the most consistent kickers in the nation, and he kicked the game-winning field goal against Wisconsin. Suddenly, he was getting positive press coverage, which helped to demonstrate the resilience of the Penn State players. It was a great story that showed what Penn State Football is really about.

Here is another important aspect related to the football program. When Ficken was down in 2012, fellow Penn Stater Robbie Gould reached out to help him. That demonstrated that Penn State Football is a family. The family aspect, which I believe is a unique aspect of Penn State Football, certainly helped hold the program together.

One of my favorite pictures from the past few years of Penn State Football:

10615627_10153284780545663_3532017637662164545_n.jpg
Someday this is going to be one awesome 30 for 30 film.

EXCEPT that's EXACTLY what people believe. Which is why the outrage. Most people believe Joe and C/S/S covered it up in the name of football. The AG laid it out with the Grand Jury Presentment and press conference, no one at PSU put up much of a defense, the accused lawyered up and have said virtually nothing, nor presented an alternative explanation for over 3 years, the university offered not alternative and basically said they're guilty, and Freeh did his independent investigation and grand standing press conference, after which the NCAA did the same. That's what MOST people in this country know, and believe. Even if it seems unbelievable when you think about it, the bottom line is no one did anything to counter the narrative being set starting in November 2011.

SEPTIC MAN is at it again......trying time after time to rewrite history and bother us all with his Bullsh*t!

I put him on "ignore" just today. Same old stuff and he takes several posts to repeat it.

Consider the "ignore" button; it makes reading the board a lot better if used wisely.

Abso freakin lutely.
I like O'Brien but even he didn't give the alums and the fans enough credit.

That might be true, but O'Brien was put in a situation that no other coach in college football history was ever in before. Completely blindsided with no bowls and players being able to leave and schollies gone and other schools on your own campus recruiting YOUR kids. Media firestorms at every practice......good lord , its amazing he even stayed through the 2nd year.

This is a doozy of an excerpt from the article as well:

PSU has been one of the nation's laregest research institutions long before Fraudney or the b1g Turd affiliation even came to town. The notion that Fraudney is going to make PSU into a world-class institution is so filled with arogance, hubris, self-promotion, etc... it is disgusting. I've got to go, because I feel that nauseous felling coming on and have to go puke now.

But that's a standard "academic world" position on sports--especially football. We should not be shocked--the percentage of faculty members who said that football had too high a priority at PSU was pretty high. You would find that same thinking at most major colleges--excepting perhaps the People Republic of Berkeley, where it would approach 100%. It's why the Ivy's (and the University of Chicago) dropped out of D1 football. Much of that is jealousy--the thinking is that the money spent on football should and would be spent on their own pet projects and research "if only football wasn't that important". But in Penn State's case, of course, it was football that put a rural cow college on the map, leading to more students and more grants. And Paterno leveraged football to make Penn State a better school.

That might be true, but O'Brien was put in a situation that no other coach in college football history was ever in before. Completely blindsided with no bowls and players being able to leave and schollies gone and other schools on your own campus recruiting YOUR kids. Media firestorms at every practice......good lord , its amazing he even stayed through the 2nd year.

"Blindsided"? Complete horse$hit, he had a clause specifically in his contract that talks about potential sanctions coming (because the scum that were negotiating with him were the creators of the FALSE NARRATIVE and conspired with the NCAA via Freeh and knew what was coming down the pike) and he had a provision within his GUARANTEED CONTRACT that EXTENDED HIS GUARANTEE for every year the program was under NCAA scholarship or bowl sanction. Absurd to claim that FLO, a coach that never held a Head Coaching Contract before PSU, being guaranteed roughly $3.5 million per year in a long-term guarantee was anything but an incredibly, unbelievably generous contract for a coach with ZERO HC EXPERIENCE. Laughable to claim that he signed a LONG-TERM GUARANTEED CONTRACT with no knowledge about what was going on and was"blindsided" by the sanctions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT