ADVERTISEMENT

Your guess on how many series Allar gets this week?

How many series does Allar get verses Ohio and how many pass attempts?

• 0, this one's tighter than expected

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • 1 or 2 series, but just handing off

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • 3 or 4, 10 to 15 attempts

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • He gets a half and 15+ attempts

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters
I’m speaking of all coaches. Yes, you can get backup QB’s in the game when you’re up by 100, but no one is doing it when they’re up by 20 and certainly no one is doing it to start the game or early in the game regardless of who the opponent is. Bama certainly could have won Saturday with their backup QB playing the whole game, but he didn’t.

And the point is we should be able to do to Ohio what Georgia did to Oregon

People absolutely remember close pools--remember 1994?
The game that hurt PSU the most that year was Colorado beating Michigan on a Cordell Stewart hail mary. Instead of undefeated PSU beating undefeated Michigan at the big house it was undefeated Nebraska beating undefeated Colorado.

The Media and the Coaches wanted Tom Osbourn to get a Natty and it was at PSU's expense. Besides the BIG voters not voting for PSU.

The game that hurt PSU the most that year was Colorado beating Michigan on a Cordell Stewart hail mary. Instead of undefeated PSU beating undefeated Michigan at the big house it was undefeated Nebraska beating undefeated Colorado.

The Media and the Coaches wanted Tom Osbourn to get a Natty and it was at PSU's expense. Besides the BIG voters not voting for PSU.
All of that is fair but let's not forget those close games absolutely were held against us

I'd like to see any QB get the snaps other than 14. As far as I'm concerned he can go do his union thing. Good luck to him. Lets move on.

And the point is we should be able to do to Ohio what Georgia did to Oregon
And a bunch of other teams “should have” been able to do that to their opponents last weekend, but most didn’t. Maybe Oregon should have played a hell of a lot better especially with their talent level.

And a bunch of other teams “should have” been able to do that to their opponents last weekend, but most didn’t. Maybe Oregon should have played a hell of a lot better especially with their talent level.
Georgia has barely jumped Ohio St to be #2 in team composite talent and is just a fraction behind Alabama. Oregon is #9 in talent. However, drop off in team talent after Ohio St is absolutely MASSIVE. 16 points in the composite separate Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio St. #4 in team composite Clemson is over 50 points behind Ohio St. #9 in composite Oregon is over 100 points behind Ohio St.

Of course #12 in composite Notre Dame hung pretty well with Ohio State despite being over 130 points behind Ohio St. Michigan is another 20 points behind that and took it to Ohio St last year. PSU almost always plays Ohio St tight despite being over 165 points behind them in talent composite.

The difference is that Alabama and Georgia are truly elite. They have elite talent and elite coaching and elite development. Ohio St has that elite talent but just isn't on that level on the field so either their coaching is poor or their development is poor. They put enough guys in the NFL so I suspect the problem at Ohio St is coaching.

You do realize that Franklin doesn't believe in competition, at least at he QB position? He did what he could to replace Hack but couldn't. Hack was the reason he didn't finish his first two years 6 and 18 or worse. He did not give Tommy Stevens a legit shot at the job in either 2016 (when he actually did win it) or in 2019 when he was denied the opportunity. CJF screams competition but we actually rarely see it. We see HIS guys getting starting jobs over those that win it. That is a problem.
This is one of the worst posts on this site, congrats my dude

Georgia has barely jumped Ohio St to be #2 in team composite talent and is just a fraction behind Alabama. Oregon is #9 in talent. However, drop off in team talent after Ohio St is absolutely MASSIVE. 16 points in the composite separate Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio St. #4 in team composite Clemson is over 50 points behind Ohio St. #9 in composite Oregon is over 100 points behind Ohio St.

Of course #12 in composite Notre Dame hung pretty well with Ohio State despite being over 130 points behind Ohio St. Michigan is another 20 points behind that and took it to Ohio St last year. PSU almost always plays Ohio St tight despite being over 165 points behind them in talent composite.

The difference is that Alabama and Georgia are truly elite. They have elite talent and elite coaching and elite development. Ohio St has that elite talent but just isn't on that level on the field so either their coaching is poor or their development is poor. They put enough guys in the NFL so I suspect the problem at Ohio St is coaching.
I have to disagree, totally. First, it is WAY early. Second, Alabama hasn't played anyone close to the caliber of ND. GA had a great win against O but we don't know if GA was that good or if O was that bad.

first games are always tough. you have no idea how kids are going to react when they are playing in front of millions of people for the first time. Frankly, to me, I am shocked at how well these kids perform overall.

I have to disagree, totally. First, it is WAY early. Second, Alabama hasn't played anyone close to the caliber of ND. GA had a great win against O but we don't know if GA was that good or if O was that bad.

first games are always tough. you have no idea how kids are going to react when they are playing in front of millions of people for the first time. Frankly, to me, I am shocked at how well these kids perform overall.
Perhaps Ohio St can buck the trend this year but for the last 5 years they've been in a virtual tie for most talent with Alabama and Georgia (Georgia was a little behind a few years ago). One of those 3 doesn't have a natty and lost Oregon last year (Georgia absolutely destroyed them) and Michigan (over 150 points behind them in team talent composite).

But it's early and maybe Ohio St will actually live up to their talent level for the first time in a decade.

Have a feeling the game will be closer than most think. We don't exactly have a dominant defense and Ohio did put up 41 points week 1, albeit against FAU. Would be fine with him getting a series or two, but I think this will be closer than predicted. Hope I am wrong.

I bet he gets subbed late second quarter or beginning second half. Then plays half way through 4th Q and V comes in

I bet he gets subbed late second quarter or beginning second half. Then plays half way through 4th Q and V comes in
I think mid-way through 3rd quarter. Assuming nothing strange happens and we are up by two TDs or more.

Oregon should have played better but if we can't handle a MAC team like Georgia did to a top-tier Pac XII team it's okay to admit where we are--which is not where we need to be.

Oregon should have played better but if we can't handle a MAC team like Georgia did to a top-tier Pac XII team it's okay to admit where we are--which is not where we need to be.
Well, I can admit right now we’re not at Georgia’s level.

I'm okay admitting that PSU isn't Georgia, Ohio State or Alabama. I'm pretty much where I need to be.

I'm okay admitting that PSU isn't Georgia, Ohio State or Alabama. I'm pretty much where I need to be.
I'm not saying we should destroy Oregon
I'm saying if we can't beat Ohio the way Georgia beat Oregon there's serious problems

I’ve seen nothing that indicates Franklin is going to change his philosophy of playing the starter and only the starter, even in blow out wins. Let’s face it, the only reason Allar saw the field at all was due to Clifford going into the locker rooom to get treated for cramps.

I’ve seen nothing that indicates Franklin is going to change his philosophy of playing the starter and only the starter, even in blow out wins. Let’s face it, the only reason Allar saw the field at all was due to Clifford going into the locker rooom to get treated for cramps.
What is things don’t age well Alex.

Franklin looks at one Qb only Mr Clifford
More importantly, if a game comes down to a field goal and we all know it will, we could be in big trouble. What happened to Jake Pinegar? He could be the weak link if our season really goes positive.

More importantly, if a game comes down to a field goal and we all know it will, we could be in big trouble. What happened to Jake Pinegar? He could be the weak link if our season really goes positive.

He got benched last year by a stronger but similarly accurate Stout. That should have been an eye opener.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT