ADVERTISEMENT

WVU moves to 4-1 with road win @TCU

WVU is clearly a middle of the road P5 team as opposed a bad P5 team. There's a massive gap between "bad" and "playoff contender" and that fall well in between both of those things. They do enough stuff well enough that they could catch a top team on a bad day and beat them or at least put a scare into them.

Of course there were some folks who were arguing that ECU was as good as WVU. You know, the ECU team that is 1-4 and has lost to Marshall and Rice...
I'm not convinced WVU beats them which is what I said that you quoted.

I don't agree they're a middle of the road P5 team but to each their own on what that looks like. Middle of the road could win the Big Ten West. They couldn't.

WVU is clearly a middle of the road P5 team as opposed a bad P5 team. There's a massive gap between "bad" and "playoff contender" and that fall well in between both of those things. They do enough stuff well enough that they could catch a top team on a bad day and beat them or at least put a scare into them.

Of course there were some folks who were arguing that ECU was as good as WVU. You know, the ECU team that is 1-4 and has lost to Marshall and Rice...

BTW, scUM played ECU in their opener - we played WVU in our opener.... just coincidence that he is trying to demean PSU's win over WVU by claiming scUM's opening opponent would easily beat WVU right after the games took place??? I think not. Many have said they think he's an ASWP troll, but I actually think he's a scUM douche (certainly acts like your typical scUM douchebag). Why on earth would he be making comparisons between WVU and ECU of all teams to demean PSU's opening opponent and pump-up ECU other than ECU was scUM's week 1 opponent??? Funniest part is WVU is 4-1 beating every team they played after PSU, while ECU 1-4 losing 3 of the 4 games they've played since losing to scUM in week 1 including Marshall, App State and Rice getting outscored in the 3 losses 98-58! Somehow he managed to get this claim DIAMETRICALLY WRONG in his efforts to demean PSU's opening opponent and talk-up scUM's opening opponent.... but he's not a troll don't you know!?!? He's really a huge PSU Fan - LMAO.

See already wrong in your first sentence. WVU was projected to finish last in the Big XII while Pitt was middle of the road of higher for the ACC but you calling g them ASWP shows your bias and standard childish behavior.

Read the comments again regarding what I actually said about WVU. Actually dont you can't comprehend anything even basic stuff so you make up nonsense.

Keep pretending WVU is a decent team just like you did with Syracuse last year but won't own that now neither
Just shows that you can't bank on all the preseason predictions ! Not from the experts (?) on Tv, not even the experts here on our own board!

Just shows that you can't bank on all the preseason predictions ! Not from the experts (?) on Tv, not even the experts here on our own board!
Correct--that's why the games are played but you also can't just look at a record and ignore other incorrect projections like Pitt and TCU when now looking at the WVU resume. Early season records typically are meaningless.

BTW, scUM played ECU in their opener - we played WVU in our opener.... just coincidence that he is trying to demean PSU's win over WVU by claiming scUM's opening opponent would easily beat WVU right after the games took place??? I think not. Many have said they think he's an ASWP troll, but I actually think he's a scUM douche (certainly acts like your typical scUM douchebag). Why on earth would he be making comparisons between WVU and ECU of all teams to demean PSU's opening opponent and pump-up ECU other than ECU was scUM's week 1 opponent??? Funniest part is WVU is 4-1 beating every team they played after PSU, while ECU 1-4 losing 3 of the 4 games they've played since losing to scUM in week 1 including Marshall, App State and Rice getting outscored in the 3 losses 98-58! Somehow he managed to get this claim DIAMETRICALLY WRONG in his efforts to demean PSU's opening opponent and talk-up scUM's opening opponent.... but he's not a troll don't you know!?!? He's really a huge PSU Fan - LMAO.
Being a Penn State fan doesn't mean overrating bad teams we played.
ECU isn't good--WVU isn't good. Bad teams are bad teams regardless of what level they are.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
ECU isn't good--WVU isn't good. Bad teams are bad teams regardless of what level they are.

But that isn't what you said after week 1 is it dipshit, as the OP pointed out - you strangely picked ECU of all teams to glorify and attempt to demean PSU's week 1 opponent with.... Funniest part is how DEAD WRONG you were yet again troll-boy.

But that isn't what you said after week 1 is it dipshit, as the OP pointed out - you strangely picked ECU of all teams to glorify and attempt to demean PSU's week 1 opponent with.... Funniest part is how DEAD WRONG you were yet again troll-boy.
I didn't "strangely" pick them--they were being discussed
Who says WVU beats ECU--they're both bad teams--you can't look past record
Again, if WVU wins 8 I'm wrong. They're only half way there with tight wins against other bad teams. TCU completely outplayed them.
Is Rutgers a good team at 4-1 or not until we beat them?
What about Syracuse at 4-1?
We both know they're not good teams yet we're pretending WVU is because we beat them

I think that many of us were surprised at how hard WVU played against us. Yeah- we self inflicted some damage like our starting kicker goofing up, but it was hard to not like #4 RB and Greene fought his ass off.

I work w a former WVU 3 yr starter/Letterman. We agreed that Brown is like a cavity that most likely will not recover to full health, but each win he gets prolongs pulling the tooth.

Eventually he has to go. FWIW- Holgorson hasn't been fairing too well in Houston. Remember the press conference where they claimed he was "brought in to win a national championship?"

WVU will need a new captain to get back to their traditional standing, but credit Brown for winning with what he's got. He has done a solid job so far.

Why do you even try to communicate with that egotistical, egomaniacal moron? He’s just here to start arguments with everyone he can, and then insult anyone who takes the bait. The dumbo is never wrong, everyone misunderstands or misinterprets his stupidity and his goalposts are on roller skates. But I guess every village or message board has to have its idiot.

I didn't "strangely" pick them--they were being discussed
Who says WVU beats ECU--they're both bad teams--you can't look past record
Again, if WVU wins 8 I'm wrong. They're only half way there with tight wins against other bad teams. TCU completely outplayed them.
Is Rutgers a good team at 4-1 or not until we beat them?
What about Syracuse at 4-1?
We both know they're not good teams yet we're pretending WVU is because we beat them
So are you still claiming that WVU and ECU are on the same level? Would ECU beat both TT and TCU? If you believe that, you are a fool. Why can't you just admit that WVU is better than you thought they were? Now you come up with them needing to win 8 games for you to be proven wrong. All I can say is wow.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
So are you still claiming that WVU and ECU are on the same level? Would ECU beat both TT and TCU? If you believe that, you are a fool. Why can't you just admit that WVU is better than you thought they were? Now you come up with them needing to win 8 games for you to be proven wrong. All I can say is wow.
Again--is Syracuse a good team because they're 4-1? Is Rutgers?
Are TCU and Texas Tech good teams? Are you? TCU lost to Colorado who people here trash constantly as not a good team but now TCU is good and WVU is good but Colorado sucks.
The reality is you and others looks at things solely through bias. If WVU wins 8 games this year I'm wrong. I've said their D is better than expected but they're still a horrible team that has a soft schedule. I hope they do win a ton of games but you and everyone else please let me know when anyone in the media starts talking about WVU as a "good win"--hint it won't happen

Why do you even try to communicate with that egotistical, egomaniacal moron? He’s just here to start arguments with everyone he can, and then insult anyone who takes the bait. The dumbo is never wrong, everyone misunderstands or misinterprets his stupidity and his goalposts are on roller skates. But I guess every village or message board has to have its idiot.
I think more than half the board has him on ignore by now. He is a fake.

I think more than half the board has him on ignore by now. He is a fake.
Oh no...people allegedly ignoring me yet talk about me nonstop...how will I ever survive don't having clueless homers reading my posts...only they do lol

Dude you are getting owned. Just admit it for once. You look stupid.

In no way am I being owned. See the fact people won't answer if Syracuse or Rutgers are good. 4-1 doesn't mean a team is good and we all know it.

I really don’t think he cares how stupid he appears, as long as some posters are willing to talk about or argue with him. That’s why he’s here. He so much as admitted it a couple of posts before. A sad pathetic loser who probably gets no attention in real life.

I just checked Sagarin’s ranking and he has WVU as having played the 8th most difficult schedule in the country so far. So why don’t you tell me?
And those rankings are only a part of the evaluation as you should know. We'll see how that gets adjusted as Pitt continues to lose. I don't believe for a second anyone that watched WVU believes that's a "good team" but we had someone claim Iowa was better than ND today so...

I really don’t think he cares how stupid he appears, as long as some posters are willing to talk about or argue with him. That’s why he’s here. He so much as admitted it a couple of posts before. A sad pathetic loser who probably gets no attention in real life.
Pretty sure you're talking about yourself here. If I was supposedly ignoring someone I wouldn't obsess over them,..

Oh boy. In fairness you don’t realize bushwoods rep on here

Reactions: Erial_Lion
That idiot is the only one I have on ignore. Everyone should do the same.

So Rutgers is good? Is Syracuse?

They may or may not be but WVU schedule has been head and shoulders better than what Syracuse and Rutgers have played.

Syracuse:
Colgate
Army
Western Michigan
Purdue
Clemson

Rutgers:
Wagner
Northwestern
Virginia Tech
Michigan
Temple

WVU:
Penn State
Pitt
TCU
Texas Tech
Duquesne

They may or may not be but WVU schedule has been head and shoulders better than what Syracuse and Rutgers have played.

Syracuse:
Colgate
Army
Western Michigan
Purdue
Clemson

Rutgers:
Wagner
Northwestern
Virginia Tech
Michigan
Temple

WVU:
Penn State
Pitt
TCU
Texas Tech
Duquesne

Rutgers schedule is at least on par right? VA Tech killed Pitt for starters. I'm still confused why people are pretending TTU and TCU are good. The reality is 4-1 doesn't make you a good team as demonstrated by Syracuse and Rutgers but people can't accept that I think another 4-1 team isn't good. This is very simple...let the season play out. If WVU continues to win I'll own it but thinking 4-1 with weak wins has value or proves something is crazy. Again see Syracuse at 6-0 last year.

Rutgers schedule is at least on par right? VA Tech killed Pitt for starters. I'm still confused why people are pretending TTU and TCU are good. The reality is 4-1 doesn't make you a good team as demonstrated by Syracuse and Rutgers but people can't accept that I think another 4-1 team isn't good. This is very simple...let the season play out. If WVU continues to win I'll own it but thinking 4-1 with weak wins has value or proves something is crazy. Again see Syracuse at 6-0 last year.

The problem with WVU's schedule is they only have 1 "good" team left (Oklahoma) and if they win out losing only that game, they are going to be 10-2 with no top 15 type win.

I'm not sure that they are going to win 10 games (I wouldn't bet on it) and anything from 5 to 9 is realistic. I believe the key factor should be stated that WVU is better than practically everybody expected (predictions ranged from 1-5 start to 3-3 at best).

The problem with WVU's schedule is they only have 1 "good" team left (Oklahoma) and if they win out losing only that game, they are going to be 10-2 with no top 15 type win.

I'm not sure that they are going to win 10 games (I wouldn't bet on it) and anything from 5 to 9 is realistic. I believe the key factor should be stated that WVU is better than practically everybody expected (predictions ranged from 1-5 start to 3-3 at best).

And that's largely tied to how bad TCU and Pitt are compared to where they were supposed to be. I get the point but not sure why so many are ignoring that aspect.

And that's largely tied to how bad TCU and Pitt are compared to where they were supposed to be. I get the point but not sure why so many are ignoring that aspect.

And the predictions of them being better than WVU were predicated on WVU being lesser. Pitt might not win another game, which is very unexpected, but it's just the nature of it. TCU kept winning after the Colorado loss, until WVU. They were a 5-7 team before the playoff run last year.

And the predictions of them being better than WVU were predicated on WVU being lesser. Pitt might not win another game, which is very unexpected, but it's just the nature of it. TCU kept winning after the Colorado loss, until WVU. They were a 5-7 team before the playoff run last year.
Right but TCU was largely bashed here after they lost to Colorado, right? Now the same people discrediting that Colorado win believe TCU is a good win for WVU. It's a lack of consistency.

And, yes, Pitt may not win another game so is it at all impressive they won 17-6?

Right but TCU was largely bashed here after they lost to Colorado, right? Now the same people discrediting that Colorado win believe TCU is a good win for WVU. It's a lack of consistency.

And, yes, Pitt may not win another game so is it at all impressive they won 17-6?

I think TCU getting beat by Colorado was more of a "woah" than people going "TCU sucks", but I'm only going by the feel I gathered and remember vs actually looking up the threads. TCU went into the game a -18 or -21 favorite. Colorado showed up with a brand new team with a brand new staff. It just turned over the apple cart and here we are 5 weeks later and we really still don't know how to process the information.

WVU lost their starting QB and still won in a rivalry game. Those things are still valuable even if you don't wish to credit them. Losing can crush a team and cause the wheels to fall off (Pitt) just like winning can cause a team to play better (Colorado, WVU).

I think TCU getting beat by Colorado was more of a "woah" than people going "TCU sucks", but I'm only going by the feel I gathered and remember vs actually looking up the threads. TCU went into the game a -18 or -21 favorite. Colorado showed up with a brand new team with a brand new staff. It just turned over the apple cart and here we are 5 weeks later and we really still don't know how to process the information.

WVU lost their starting QB and still won in a rivalry game. Those things are still valuable even if you don't wish to credit them. Losing can crush a team and cause the wheels to fall off (Pitt) just like winning can cause a team to play better (Colorado, WVU).
We know I think losing their starting QB benefitted them and we know how bad Jurkovec is--there's tons of threads on it.
We'll see what WVU does the rest of the year. I'm still completely unimpressed especially with their offense. I've given their D credit as being as better than expected.

Reactions: lazydave841
I have to agree with this. As I've stated before I try to keep in the shadows and pretty much read what the rest of the board has to say. Rarely do I chime in. But with that said:

Lando you got to give it a rest man. All of us have a right look foolish every now and again. But son, you're abusing that privilege right now. Take a couple weeks off, come up with a new nic, and perhaps re-invent yourself.

At ease men. As you were

I have to agree with this. As I've stated before I try to keep in the shadows and pretty much read what the rest of the board has to say. Rarely do I chime in. But with that said:

Lando you got to give it a rest man. All of us have a right look foolish every now and again. But son, you're abusing that privilege right now. Take a couple weeks off, come up with a new nic, and perhaps re-invent yourself.

At ease men. As you were
I'm not worried if those that don't want to have real discussions and can't have an honest conversation think I'm looking like a fool. I'm not the foolish one here. Pretending 4-1 makes a team good is.

At ease men. As you were

Pretty sure he's a scUM troll posing as a PSU fan enable his trolling; hence, his out of left field claim after the opening week of football that ECU was head-&-shoulders better than WVU (His exact quote, which somebody posted above, was: "Why are we pretending WVU would beat ECU?") - pretty strange thing for a supposed PSU-fan to post immediately after their opening game win against WVU (i.e., demean PSU's victory and opponent with such a strange choice of teams). It makes more sense when you consider that scUM's opening-day opponent on that same Saturday was none other than the mighty Eastern Carolina Pirates - IOW, he was clearly trying to claim that scUM played a much better opponent than PSU in Game 1 at the same time he took a swipe at WVU's opponent as to how awful bad they were (during that same time period right after week 1, he also stated that WVU would probably not win more than 3 games with an absolute ceiling of 5 wins.... that ASWP was a decent team and WVU had no shot at beating them, etc.....). What makes his statements about scUM's opening week opponent, ECU, being a much better opponent especially hysterical is that ECU is currently 1-4 with losses to Marshall, Appalachian State and Rice as well as scUM!

If you look at the nature and context of this guys statements (always attempting to demean PSU's wins), he is pretty clearly a scUM troll posing as a PSU fan - it doesn't get much more childish and asshole than that.

Landdummy just regurgitates what “experts” say and calls it his own and then when proven wrong goes with “nobody expected it” even when he was told he was wrong originally - must be exhausting being that dumb.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Landdummy just regurgitates what “experts” say and calls it his own and then when proven wrong goes with “nobody expected it” even when he was told he was wrong originally - must be exhausting being that dumb.

My favorite was his claim that "nobody" expected ASWP to be bad, when half the f'ing board was telling him that ASWP sucks as per usual and would lose to WVU!

Reactions: joeaubie21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT