ADVERTISEMENT

WVU moves to 4-1 with road win @TCU

But according to experts on this board they weren’t going to beat Texas Tech or TCU.
We were also told that the only reason they were winning is because their starting QB was hurt. Well, guess who was back last night?

Gee, I guess they're a little better than someone claimed.
Wait--now beating TCU is impressive but it wasn't when Colorado did it?
Again, this is like people claiming Syracuse was good last year at 6-0 and we saw what happened after that
TCU beat themselves and their other wins are Duquesne, Texas Tech and Pitt (who got killed by VA Tech) not sure why anyone is pretending they're good.

Yep Greene led them to the victory. Said party also said WVU's absolute ceiling was 5 wins..... - they look like they could win 8 or more at this point.
I said, "more likely to start 1-5 than win 8"
And Greene didn't lead them to victory--he completed less than half of his passes and remains one of the worst passers in P5.

Wait--now beating TCU is impressive but it wasn't when Colorado did it?
Again, this is like people claiming Syracuse was good last year at 6-0 and we saw what happened after that
TCU beat themselves and their other wins are Duquesne, Texas Tech and Pitt (who got killed by VA Tech) not sure why anyone is pretending they're good.
I think the point is that they are better than many expected. No one is claiming they are Alabama.

We are better than expected esp on defense.
I have some close friends that are big WVU fans, from working with them in WV, and they were pretty down after the PSU game. But I told them that WVU did show a good bit vs PSU and that they would surprise some teams on their schedule. And that's just what happened. I've had fun texting with them the last few weeks. Especially while also texting some Pitt fans during the Pitt/WVU game.......... ;) I attended a number of WVU games not long after the WVU stadium was built and always had fun at those games. Hope WVU runs the table this season and saves their coaches job, although his job might already be safe. I believe my old boss already owes me a ticket to next seasons PSU/WVU game!!

Last edited:
Defensively WVU might be better than expected
Offensively not at all
No one thought Pitt was going to be THIS bad.

I don't think it matters how it occurred. FPI had WVU at 5-7 preseason and they are 1 win from matching that going into week 6. That's DEFINITELY better than expected. I'm not saying that it makes them a good team as they seem in line with the majority of average teams.

Pitt seems to be falling apart though. Will Sparty actually hire Duzzy? Duzzy should jump on it if they offer though.

I don't think it matters how it occurred. FPI had WVU at 5-7 preseason and they are 1 win from matching that going into week 6. That's DEFINITELY better than expected. I'm not saying that it makes them a good team as they seem in line with the majority of average teams.

Pitt seems to be falling apart though. Will Sparty actually hire Duzzy? Duzzy should jump on it if they offer though.
I don't Michigan State will do that unless a bunch of other guys turn them down. Jonathan Smith (Oregon State), Mike Elko (Duke) and Sean Lewis (Colorado OC) are probably their first three calls after realizing Leipold won't leave Kansas. I expect them to do something crazy though like Brian Hartline.

FPI is relative to what projections exist with other teams . Pitt & TCU aren't close to what they were expected to be which is good for us but I'm not buying into WVU at all. Their defense can keep them afloat in the Big XII though. I think they're a standard below average team that will competitive against other below average teams like we've seen so far.

As much as I couldn't care less about Pitt no one thought Jurkovec would be this bad.

I think some posters just can’t admit when the stupid stuff they say comes back to bite them - they go with - but but but and then try to move the goalposts - makes them look even more stupid.

I just can’t see MSU hiring Narduzzi. What has he don’t to warrant a move up in the coaching ranks? I don’t think any P5 AD would look at Narduzzi as a good hire as head coach.

I can't see MSU hiring Duzzy. Shouldn't MSU be trying to set a path that leaves their mistakes and bad public image in the past? It would seem better that they hire someone with no ties to MSU in order to get a fresh start, and up and coming young coach that will bring a new culture to MSU's football program. And it's not like Duzzy has set the world on fire at Pitt. If they like Duzzy they should try and get him back as a defensive coordinator if he exits Pitt and if their new coach recognizes Duzzy's potential to help him turn things around at MSU. Duzzy's weakness as a communicator and how that limits his ability as a head coach has surely been recognized by MSU.

But who really knows what they are thinking.

WVU actually received as many votes in the AP poll this week as Clemson...
And one has 2 losses then other has 1--yet both got, what, a handful of votes?
Which could be from just one voter....not saying it is but could be.

Defensively WVU might be better than expected
Offensively not at all
No one thought Pitt was going to be THIS bad.

You're such a laughable tool - this whole thing started when people said that, while not great, WVU was decent and would likely beat ASWP (who they predicted was truly bad) in response to your messages attempting to demean PSU's dismantling of WVU (you called WVU awful and predicted that they would be easily beaten by a decent ASWP team and pretty much everyone else they played - you claimed they would be lucky to win 3 games and their absolute ceiling was 5..... blah, blah, blah.....). People told you over, and over again, that you had it absolutely dead backwards.... and that ASWP was the putrid, awful team and WVU would beat them.... and that while not great, WVU was decent and would probably win at least 8 games including ASWP. Now you're trying to claim nobody saw ASWP being putrid??? All of the people you were arguing with incessantly (of which there were many).... over and over.... in multiple threads.... saw it coming you laughable tool. Such a typical bullshit post of yours - just like your made up bullshit about people trying to claim TCU was a great team when WVU beat them - NOBODY SAID THAT JACKASS. What people said was that WVU would win a lot more games than you were claiming including beating ASWP (which you were adamant would not happen).... they also claimed ASWP was horrid while you were adamant they were decent....

So let's see, you were wrong about ASWP losing to WVU.... you were wrong about WVU starting the season 4-1..... you were wrong about ASWP not being putrid (and insanely wrong claiming they were decent)...... You were DRAD WRONG on all of these seminal topics of discussion (which you posted on ad nauseam)...., but now you want to claim nobody saw it coming??? LMFAO.

You're such a laughable tool - this whole thing started when people said that, while not great, WVU was decent and would likely beat ASWP (who they predicted was truly bad) in response to your messages attempting to demean PSU's dismantling of WVU (you called WVU awful and predicted that they would be easily beaten by a decent ASWP team and pretty much everyone else they played - you claimed they would be lucky to win 3 games and their absolute ceiling was 5..... blah, blah, blah.....). People told you over, and over again, that you had it absolutely dead backwards.... and that ASWP was the putrid, awful team and WVU would beat them.... and that while not great, WVU was decent and would probably win at least 8 games including ASWP. Now you're trying to claim nobody saw ASWP being putrid??? All of the people you were arguing with incessantly (of which there were many).... over and over.... in multiple threads.... saw it coming you laughable tool. Such a typical bullshit post of yours - just like your made up bullshit about people trying to claim TCU was a great team when WVU beat them - NOBODY SAID THAT JACKASS. What people said was that WVU would win a lot more games than you were claiming including beating ASWP (which you were adamant would not happen).... they also claimed ASWP was horrid while you were adamant they were decent....

So let's see, you were wrong about ASWP losing to WVU.... you were wrong about WVU starting the season 4-1..... you were wrong about ASWP not being putrid (and insanely wrong claiming they were decent)...... You were DRAD WRONG on all of these seminal topics of discussion (which you posted on ad nauseam)...., but now you want to claim nobody saw it coming??? LMFAO.
See already wrong in your first sentence. WVU was projected to finish last in the Big XII while Pitt was middle of the road of higher for the ACC but you calling g them ASWP shows your bias and standard childish behavior.

Read the comments again regarding what I actually said about WVU. Actually dont you can't comprehend anything even basic stuff so you make up nonsense.

Keep pretending WVU is a decent team just like you did with Syracuse last year but won't own that now neither

See already wrong in your first sentence. WVU was projected to finish last in the Big XII while Pitt was middle of the road of higher for the ACC but you calling g them ASWP shows your bias and standard childish behavior.

Read the comments again regarding what I actually said about WVU. Actually dont you can't comprehend anything even basic stuff so you make up nonsense.

Keep pretending WVU is a decent team just like you did with Syracuse last year but won't own that now neither

I comprehend that you were DEAD WRONG regarding every single prediction regarding ASWP and WVU -- of which there were many!!! You're also DEAD WRONG about your latest claims that "no one" saw ASWP being awful coming or WVU starting 4-1 (and probably going to win 8 games) - you not seeing it coming and making wrong claim after wrong claim... is not equivalent to "everyone not seeing it coming" dipshit.

I comprehend that you were DEAD WRONG regarding every single prediction regarding ASWP and WVU -- of which there were many!!! You're also DEAD WRONG about your latest claims that "no one" saw ASWP being awful coming or WVU starting 4-1 (and probably going to win 8 games) - you not seeing it coming and making wrong claim after wrong claim... is not equivalent to "everyone not seeing it coming" dipshit.
You're still not making any sense. Being 4-1 doesn't mean they'll win 8 games...see Syracuse at 6-0 last year. If they win 8 I'm wrong. Pretending you thought those things would have as opposed to you wanting them to happen is where you lose any credibility. WVU still is grateful that Greene got hurt. Brown was just dumb enough to go back to him and we'll see how that plays out for then. Also, I never made any prediction about Pitt other than they'd be favored, which they were, asked WVU. You're the one that acts like they're relevant.

Christ, they don't need to be a playoff contender to be better than you expected...
And they may be better than I expected--we'll see as the year goes on....5 games doesn't define a season. It's an overreaction by many here. Just like those that thought Colorado was a contender after 3 weeks

And they may be better than I expected--we'll see as the year goes on....5 games doesn't define a season. It's an overreaction by many here. Just like those that thought Colorado was a contender after 3 weeks

Some people thought they were insanely improved though..

We have people trying to say WVU was a good team. I agree they haven't been a "good team" what they went on the road and beat a then ranked team and followed that up by dominating Nebraska. I don't think any believes they're going to win 10 games or anything crazy but they're insanely improved because Deion made sure the team ge inherited was run off. It's weird people are still hesitant to give Prime credit. Many here said he wouldn't win 2 games.

Prime gets credit for beating TCU but Brown doesn't. Got it.

Some people thought they were insanely improved though..
Right--they infinitely better not a contender. See how I made the comment about no one believing they would win 10 games yet people were saying WVU would win 8 after losing to us when they were projected to win 4.

Right--they infinitely better not a contender. See how I made the comment about no one believing they would win 10 games yet people were saying WVU would win 8 after losing to us when they were projected to win 4.

No one is saying WVU is a contender, they're saying they're better. You're the one saying they still suck.

Let's try this. Say something nice about WVU.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
No one is saying WVU is a contender, they're saying they're better. You're the one saying they still suck.

This is his typical schtick - makes up bullshit claims that no one ever stated to create a strawman claim he is right.... He's wrong on every single claim he made about WVU and ASWP (of which there were quite a few). Now he's right back on here claiming he's right again... [insert eyeroll].

WVU is clearly a middle of the road P5 team as opposed a bad P5 team. There's a massive gap between "bad" and "playoff contender" and that fall well in between both of those things. They do enough stuff well enough that they could catch a top team on a bad day and beat them or at least put a scare into them.

Of course there were some folks who were arguing that ECU was as good as WVU. You know, the ECU team that is 1-4 and has lost to Marshall and Rice...

Why are we pretending WVU would beat ECU? He's a troll but WVU isn't a far better team.

WVU is clearly a middle of the road P5 team as opposed a bad P5 team. There's a massive gap between "bad" and "playoff contender" and that fall well in between both of those things. They do enough stuff well enough that they could catch a top team on a bad day and beat them or at least put a scare into them.

Of course there were some folks who were arguing that ECU was as good as WVU. You know, the ECU team that is 1-4 and has lost to Marshall and Rice...

Oh gee, there's another claim about WVU he's DIAMETRICALLY WRONG about - go figure! LMFAO

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24

Let's try this. Say something nice about WVU.
Their defense is better than expected...which I also said earlier

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT