ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling: PennState vs Ohio State FINAL

1267527853_old_guy_going_crazy.gif

Wow, what a finish! Holy crap. Cassar is the hero, but a great effort by everyone after intermission.

WE ARE!

Snyder actually looked gassed at the end. He didn’t know what to do. He better stop his international travel otherwise Coon is going to beat him.

Wondering if it was actually jet lag? Saw the same thing. He was gassed.
I thought the same thing and I think Nevills had a lot to do with that....He wrestled hard and put weight on Snyders head every chance he got with the head lock and that really tired him out IMO

Reactions: Alphabets
Anyone else get pissed when Cassar was announced at 197? count me as one who was second guessing Cael. Oops, I guess I will trust him from now on...

That was an amazing match! I don’t get to watch every match, but that was the most exciting Penn State wrestling match that I can recall.

Reactions: royboy
Cassar MVP

Several others deserve 1st runner up but I might actually might give it to Nevils. The odds were huge against him.
Any one of several things made the difference:

Nickal put up two extra points with 3 seconds left to get a 4 Point team win.

The appearance of Kuhn allowed us only to give up 4 points at 125

Joseph grabbed a major netting us 4.

Nevills kept the best wrestler in the world in check and only gave up 3 points.

Miss on one of those and we lose.

OK, I follow PSU wrestling but it's hardly my main thing.. but I enjoy the action and I certainly enjoy the success.

So... those are my limitations and take my comments to follow with that in mind.

We have an osu team coming to Rec Hall on full throttle. We have s PSU team missing 2 #1 wrestlers. We have an osu team with a hwt who wants death and destruction to befall us and wants to destroy us... and unless i missed something, had that very chance today.

Somehow, despite trailing heavily in the early going, PSU overcame those long odds and, at the very end, our big guy squared off against theirs in a match that could have decided it all. Their superman pins our guy, we lose. He beats our guy up bady and takes a major decision.. we lose. IOW, he does what anyone would expect from him, osu wins despite all our efforts.

Instead, our guy steps up, holds him off, and we win despite long odds.

Did I over-state or mis-speak? If so, I'm cool with that since this is hardly my area of expertise. No matter what, one helluva huge win for the B/W!

I thought the same thing and I think Nevills had a lot to do with that....He wrestled hard and put weight on Snyders head every chance he got with the head lock and that really tired him out IMO
Perhaps Snyder's lips were chapped from running his mouth over the last few days. Perhaps it is unwise, if you are a bitter, poison nut, to irritate a wounded Lion.

Last edited:
That's about as great a wrestling dual meet as I ever witnessed. PSU had their backs against the wa and gutted one out. Snyder is a beast! Team win!!!
Hope Snyder is still wondering what happened? All he wanted to do was destroy PSU. Didn't happen!

For the sake of my sanity please tell me that OSU has an actual board where wrestling is discussed. I read through the 11 Warriors Thread and could actually feel myself getting dumber with each post. The fundamental lack of understanding of even the most rudimentary elements of the sport was astounding. It was like reading a written transcript of the Nebraska Illegal Backfist/Stallmate Commentators. Only worse.:eek:

For the sake of my sanity please tell me that OSU has an actual board where wrestling is discussed. I read through the 11 Warriors Thread and could actually feel myself getting dumber with each post. The fundamental lack of understanding of even the most rudimentary elements of the sport was astounding. It was like reading a written transcript of the Nebraska Illegal Backfist/Stallmate Commentators. Only worse.:eek:

You saw how many of them blamed the refs. They are football fans that will only watch when they think it will give them something to brag about. When it doesn’t go their way, they cry foul.

There were even a few that said they would still be better even if we had Nolf. They just don’t understand it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT