ADVERTISEMENT

World Team Trials Schedule

Welker takes the second match. Blades was down 3-0 and fell backward, seemingly giving up, then elected tonot continue. Maybe a carryover from the first match injury, which appeared to involve her knee.

Welker takes the second match. Blades was down 3-0 and fell backward, seemingly giving up, then elected tonot continue. Maybe a carryover from the first match injury, which appeared to involve her knee.

She was out cold for a spell there, wasn’t she?

Yeah. Blades got knocked unconscious when they hit heads. Choked out yesterday, knocked out today. Rough weekend for her....

Last edited:
Her reaction seemed delayed so I wasn'tclear what had happened, and I've muted the Flo guys, thnx for the clarifications everyone.

JB is 33. Dake and Taylor are 30. Nolf is only 25, Zain 26…I would not be calling their senior careers a bust just yet.

People who know better can correct me, but when I was in my 20’s (a very long time ago), I had always heard/understood that wrestlers peaked in their late 20’s. With guys like Steveson, Cox, and Snyder, maybe that has changed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
Truly hope she's OK, Awful situation for her. Hopeful for a speedy, full recovery.

Absolutely agree. Hate to see injuries, especially head injuries. Hopefully, my post wasn't read as me being indifferent to the situation.

It's just a rarity that someone goes unconscious in wrestling, let alone twice to the same person.

Fix looks in control against NaTo, who probably had his best senior level tournament yet, upsetting both Colon and Suriano. Fix had more offense this weekend than we've previously seen.

Reactions: diggerpup
Fix looks in control against NaTo, who probably had his best senior level tournament yet, upsetting both Colon and Suriano. Fix had more offense this weekend than we've previously seen.

Fix looked great this weekend. 61 appears to be a much better weight for him.

Blades is the future of the women’s HW division as soon as she starts lifting. She’s going to be the face of women’s wrestling in the states. Wouldn’t be surprised if Nike jumped on here. I can see her winning a world championship this year.
Oh and she’ll tech Welker. Welker will make some future world teams but with Elor and Blades I’m not sure she’ll ever make an Olympic team.

Damn so much for my Blades hype train lol. Still think she’s better but hope she can get right and this doesn’t become a long term problem like Helen had. I hope this is a one time thing. Where’s the Star Wars chosen one gif when you need it.
Welker has a good chance to medal as well. Supposedly only one tough Japanese girl with the rest of the weight being wide open.

JB back on the world team sandwiched between Dake and DT. Ringer fought but doesn't have the savviness to win against a vet like Burroughs.

Reactions: diggerpup
Watch what Carter did at the end of his first TD vs Jason. Transitioned to taking Jason to his back. In a position where they’d still be wrestling in folk.

Didn’t earn him any points in FS, but he’s going to get some early termination matches this year if he can do that to Jason Nolf.

There are only a handful of wrestlers in America who could do that to 79kg Nolf, and before today I didn’t think any of them still had NCAA eligibility.

Last edited:
Last time I peeked....I was looking IN the window........I got arrested :)
Hey Sportfan, I fixed your computer. What do you want to do with that folder of photos you took? :)

8459199_orig.png

Reactions: Sportfan2017
Hey Sportfan, I fixed your computer. What do you want to do with that folder of photos you took? :)

8459199_orig.png
First......I would definitely delete the ones of you riding that pogo stick like a butt plug......or was it riding that butt plug like a pogo stick? In either case...hit delete. The rest:..........I would go with blackmail and we split the profits. Oh.....and before you even consider stiffing me (possibly bad phrasing ).......I have copies of the ones of you within 500ft. of an elementary school in a white van full of M&M's. Choose wisely :)

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
Watch what Carter did at the end of his first TD vs Jason. Transitioned to taking Jason to his back. In a position where they’d still be wrestling in folk.

Didn’t earn him any points in FS, but he’s going to get some early termination matches this year if he can do that to Jason Nolf.

There are only a handful of wrestlers in America who could do that to 79kg Nolf, and before today I didn’t think any of them still had NCAA eligibility.
Starocci is so much better than at the beginning of last season. Reminds me of Ed Ruth heading into his Sophomore season where he went from very good to unstoppable. If Carter can stay healthy, could be Penn State's first 4 timer, heck he can be a 5 timer.

Starocci is so much better than at the beginning of last season. Reminds me of Ed Ruth heading into his Sophomore season where he went from very good to unstoppable. If Carter can stay healthy, could be Penn State's first 4 timer, heck he can be a 5 timer.
Anyone remember that guy from Erie that was saying he'd win an NCAA title even after losing to DJ Washington? The same guy that was predicting that while he was wrestling unattached at the Edinboro Open?
And the guy who is now saying that Grandpa won't beat this guy ever again...
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT