World Team Trials Schedule

RoarLions1

May 11, 2012
Credit Flo...

*All times Eastern*
*All styles and all weights will be wrestled at every session*

Saturday, September 11​

Session 1
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM: Challenge Tournament: Preliminaries, Quarterfinals and Consolation Rds*
*All Championship matches will wrestle prior to Consolation Rounds
Session 2
6:30 PM – 9:30 PM: Challenge Tournament: Semifinals and Consolations

Sunday, September 12​

Session 1
11:00 AM – 2:30 PM: Challenge Tournament: Consolations, 3rd Place *
*True 3rd (IF NEEDED)
Session 2
3:00 PM – 6:00 PM: FINAL 2 OUT OF 3 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

NOTE: Didn't want this buried on page 6 of the other Team Trials thread.

Are there any rules regarding updating game scores in this thread? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
sure would be nice to have brackets in floarena for the major tournament starting in under 2 hours...

sure would be nice to have brackets in floarena for the major tournament starting in under 2 hours...
I’m sure that is USAW problem not Flo. All international events don’t release brackets until after weigh ins.

Zain vs. Oliver, Cstar vs. Lujan, Nolf vs. LaValle, overall not bad positions for our guys
I wouldn't say that Zain has a good draw. He has to beat Oliver then Green then (likely) Pantaleo twice. No easy matches. That being said, of course he can do it.

After the quarterfinals (likely Wick), Nolf has to go through JB to get to the finals. CStar has to beat Lujan, IMar, Deiringer and then the winner of the top half (JB or Nolf).

Put em up and knock em down. Hope they all do well.

So.....if I read this correctly....PD Jr ( and I assume PDIII ) think the seeding is corrupt because he was seeded to face a former 74Kg and would have taken over the #4 seed draw if he won his first match against what daddy suggests is an inferior opponent. Let me do the math: Yep......he definitely missed weight. :)

Lujan was up 2-0 on Starocci, but Carter with a nice late takedown to end the first and go up on criteria.

Carter caught flat footed, then gives up exposure. Quick takedown to make it 6-4, but can't convert a late single. Kept getting in on a leg, Lujan had great answers each time.

Carter gets Ashworth in consis. Ashworth lost 11-10 to Martinez after twice having leads of 3+ pts.

Win that and next would be the loser between Burroughs vs. Marsteller.

Whining about seeding while missing weight is like complaining that the food you stole is undercooked.
Wouldn’t it be more like complaining that the grapes you couldn’t get are sour? :) (Because PD3 does not get to wrestle, so he stole nothing.)

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Thanks for posting results...up in Baltimore scouting next weeks opponent then driving to our game.

Yep scouting 8U football....nuts...

I wont post our score here .....

Carter gets Ashworth in consis. Ashworth lost 11-10 to Martinez after twice having leads of 3+ pts.

Win that and next would be the loser between Burroughs vs. Marsteller.
IMar is done imo. I don't think he has the drive since taking the coaching job and starting a family. Looks soft and out of shape. He also missed a lot of time with an injury. He would have run a guy like Ashworth off the mat 2 years ago. I think Lujan beats him next round.

IMar is done imo. I don't think he has the drive since taking the coaching job and starting a family. Looks soft and out of shape. He also missed a lot of time with an injury. He would have run a guy like Ashworth off the mat 2 years ago. I think Lujan beats him next round.
Someone finally said it, he mentioned he got to 190 (and not a good 190) on Baschamania. He was literally neck and neck with Burroughs and solidly ahead of Nolf before his injury (not counting Farrell though since Nolf got severely banged up that day)

Reactions: js8793
Stock down for Nicky Pushups. Feel very confident a healthy Spencer beats him. Whether we see a healthy Spencer is my only question now.

Reactions: crablegs1
Someone finally said it, he mentioned he got to 190 (and not a good 190) on Baschamania. He was literally neck and neck with Burroughs and solidly ahead of Nolf before his injury (not counting Farrell though since Nolf got severely banged up that day)
When you're off the mat for a year with an injury and in the meantime you move across the country, start a family, and find a new love in coaching, it's probably hard to get back to the right competitive mindset. No shame in that at all. I somewhat expect him to hang it up after this weekend.

Zain and JO coming up on mat 1 after Colon Garrett, which Colon was leading 2-0 but now down 4-2.

Reactions: backdrft76
When you're off the mat for a year with an injury and in the meantime you move across the country, start a family, and find a new love in coaching, it's probably hard to get back to the right competitive mindset. No shame in that at all. I somewhat expect him to hang it up after this weekend.
The reasoning makes sense, but maybe a bit premature. Handling Lujan pretty easily right now.

Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT