ADVERTISEMENT

Will it ever be named Paterno Stadium?

th

Paterno is the reason the stadium is even there asshole

The stadium already has a name and that name predates Paterno. The person its named after gave a lot to the state, the university, and the Union. Familiarize yourself with James A. Beaver. The stadium is properly named, Joe Paterno would agree its properly named, as is the Paterno portion of the Library properly named.

The stadium already has a name and that name predates Paterno. The person its named after gave a lot to the state, the university, and the Union. Familiarize yourself with James A. Beaver. The stadium isproperly named, Joe Paterno would agree its properly named, as is the Paterno portion of the Library properly named.

Paterno paid for the library to be built. He better be named for it! And you're saying he didn't do as much for the university as Beaver? Things change over time get used to it

Reactions: Warneke
Paterno paid for the library to be built. He better be named for it! And you're saying he didn't do as much for the university as Beaver? Things change over time get used to it
No, he didn't. He and Sue did contribute generously and Joe was the lead fundraiser for the project, but he did not "pay for it." There were lots of other contributors.

Last edited:
It would not be there if not for him
Well, the library was there before the Paterno Library addition and it is the Pattee and Paterno Library. It is much more impressive now and it is true that there would not have been a Paterno Library addition without Joe. His PSU fundraising prowess was far greater than any Penn Stater before or since. He was at his peak fundraising powers during the project and it was fun to watch him deliver. It was remarkable how he inspired others to donate to the project.

Last edited:
Thank you, the original and relocated stadium was there before our beloved JoePa. Also, when you walk around The Beaver at ground level, did you ever notice the clip angles welded to the original steel columns about 20' from the floor.

Care to explain the purpose of the clip angles, smart one.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Beaver Field existed long before Joe came to State College. It became Beaver Stadium before he was head coach. It is still Beaver Stadium. It will stay Beaver Stadium.
Joe and Sue loved the idea of their name on the library.

Reactions: step.eng69
Thank you, the original and relocated stadium was there before our beloved JoePa. Also, when you walk around The Beaver at ground level, did you ever notice the clip angles welded to the original steel columns about 20' from the floor.

No, unlike you apparently, I'm not lucky enough to go to many games

Something to do with the Stadium expansion?:confused:

Something to do with the Stadium expansion?:confused:
They are the jacking steel clips to support the hydraulic jacks that lifted entire sections 20' in the air and built new bleacher sections below the jacked sections. Looking at the stadium, you will notice the difference between steel and the added concrete sections.

Going to bed... goodnight.

The stadium has a name dip $hit...BEAVER STADIUM...why do you suggest it be named differently?

I'm waiting...

Jeez, Step.
You were absolutely spot on in educating the OP that it is improper to rename anything that has already been named in honor of someone else.
But then you to tried to change the name of the OP to Dip$hit.
Gotta follow the rules, Step. You can’t rename. Only his Mommy or Daddy can do that.

Jeez, Step.
You were absolutely spot on in educating the OP that it is improper to rename anything that has already been named in honor of someone else.
But then you to tried to change the name of the OP to Dip$hit.
Gotta follow the rules, Step. You can’t rename. Only his Mommy or Daddy can do that.

I think step had a senior moment. I don't recall if he ever violated board decorum before, but if so, it was rare. He's typically a gentleman in his posts, as I believe we all should be. Passing shots at the OP tend to diminish the point you are trying to make.

I think step had a senior moment. I don't recall if he ever violated board decorum before, but if so, it was rare. He's typically a gentleman in his posts, as I believe we all should be. Passing shots at the OP tend to diminish the point you are trying to make.
Now, now, now. Please asap cease trying to impart decorum on this board...

PinkoHippo, love those Sizzle Pies on Pierce St. :) ....can't remember when they opened....many decades ago, in the early 80's maybe??

I like pizza l'oven if I can't make the trek to victory pig.

You mention the beams in the stadium .... A friend & I have often debated, while trekking up to our seats, how many of the screws & nuts holding them together need to be removed before the structure fails?

Hell No. The Stadium has a name. The Paterno Worship needs to end. He was a great coach and a good man. His name is already prominently displayed where he would have wanted it. On a library. Leave the statue polishing to places like Alabama where literally nothing else matters but football.

Reactions: JohnnyZang
I like pizza l'oven if I can't make the trek to victory pig.

You mention the beams in the stadium .... A friend & I have often debated, while trekking up to our seats, how many of the screws & nuts holding them together need to be removed before the structure fails?
Hippo, you can remove all of the screws from the stadium steel framing and the stadium will retain its structural integrity, remain stable and still accommodate the max crowd.

That response is unlike you step. It seems harsh, especially toward a new poster.

Uh oh. I see he fired back. Here we go.
Won't happen again fair, thought the poster was taking advantage of some of the members being a little down after Saturday's game and was using Joe to agitate. I will apologize if the poster was asking sincerely.

Won't happen again fair, thought the poster was taking advantage of some of the members being a little down after Saturday's game and was using Joe to agitate. I will apologize if the poster was asking sincerely.

Ah, I think your post is enough of an apology. You're one of the real gentlemen here, so I was taken aback by your tone, but now I understand why you did it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT