ADVERTISEMENT

Will Betancourt

Nick is not coming to PSU. Rumor squashed.

…and his best friend, Caden Rogers (Lehigh commit), is offended by your comment above. Kidding, but it made me laugh. Thanks for that.
Yeah, but you're just his coach.

This is a message board full of people spitballing and wish listing because nationals ended 3 days ago.

I mean, which would you believe?

As far as transfers for PSU, Carr makes a lot of sense since he’ll get his degree from Iowa State this coming May and PSU only has an incoming freshman at 157. It’s a major hole in the lineup that will have to be filled by a transfer for a year and allow Haines to redshirt and gain the necessary strength at the college level.

definitely this listserve. 😉
You did an amazing job with Nick coach ... have a feeling that's going to be one Cael is kicking himself over for not getting in earlier on down the line. I heard Tom Ryan's prioritizing him earlier meant the world to him and the kid is loyal as can be. Hard not to absolutely love the kid, so humble despite how great he is and his smile is absolutely contagious.

Reactions: tjb249
Either the PSU coaches have their wrestlers engage in D&D/IO better than what Russia puts out, or Howard and SVN are healthy. Both of them have posted pictures on IG in recent months from practice. Hildebrandt even commented about watching Howard (and RBY) in one of his interviews.

In short, the speculation about their health seems to fly in the face of all available evidence.

Reactions: bwfight
Brandtt from 247 said this 2 wks ago. A high level transfer is coming
Is Brandtt still screaming into the wind that “Cael is pissed off PSU admin hasn’t figured out NIL and he’s leaving !!!”

He’s a clown.

Brandtt holds court & works up the know-nothings on 247 into a frothy lather. McScorely all too often follows him around like a puppy dog. Lol

As far as transfers for PSU, Carr makes a lot of sense since he’ll get his degree from Iowa State this coming May and PSU only has an incoming freshman at 157. It’s a major hole in the lineup that will have to be filled by a transfer for a year and allow Haines to redshirt and gain the necessary strength at the college level.
Haines isn't going to be a hole and is already strong enough to be competitive with the best 157 pounders. However, you are right. Out of anybodies who would be on the "holy cow" level transfer and would not be shocking it is Carr.

Based on Ben's reaction it either has to be someone huge or someone Ben really likes. Big names would have to be someone like Vito, Glory, Yani, Sasso, Carr, O'Toole, Griffith. Ben would probably know about O'Toole and I think the only ones he would freak out over would be Yani and Carr. Can't see most of those ever leaving... But I'm guessing the name he saw today was Hamiti!

I’ll take this and raise
Haines isn't going to be a hole and is already strong enough to be competitive with the best 157 pounders. However, you are right. Out of anybodies who would be on the "holy cow" level transfer and would not be shocking it is Carr.
You are right, Haines definitely isn’t a hole in the lineup. I know Feldman beat Knighton-Ward this year in an open while Levi was beating national qualifier Cerniglia 7-0 I believe before Cerniglia got hurt and defaulted. I think most feel like Feldman can step right in and I feel like Levi can as well. I actually believe if both start right out of the gate that they both will AA as true freshman

Reactions: fronk71
You are right, Haines definitely isn’t a hole in the lineup. I know Feldman beat Knighton-Ward this year in an open while Levi was beating national qualifier Cerniglia 7-0 I believe before Cerniglia got hurt and defaulted. I think most feel like Feldman can step right in and I feel like Levi can as well. I actually believe if both start right out of the gate that they both will AA as true freshman
He put it on Paddy Gallagher as well 8-3 with a turn in the 3rd, as a 17 yr old HS senior.

On the Basch and Willie pod yesterday they said that Hamitti was the only TRFr AA this year and this broke a several year streak of young guys winning at NCAAs. Obviously until we get these covid years out of the system it will be wild with guys having extra eligibility and the ability to have a degree and transfer out.

These things run in cycles...the young guys are now old so for a new young'n to break through he is really going to have to work.

I would think Levi sits until january as has been the usual MO in the past. But if he is ready ala RBY, Nico well then the coaches send him out.

If RBY comes back do we need Levis points?

This is Ironturd material....but ...but...but...with RBY coming back the lineup really has a shot at sending all 10 to Tulsa and maybe 8+ AAs

When in doubt, listen to the coach.
giphy.gif

This is Ironturd material....but ...but...but...with RBY coming back the lineup really has a shot at sending all 10 to Tulsa and maybe 8+ AAs
Interesting. Forgetting Carr for a sec (LOL), what is the lineup you're expecting to send all 10 to NCAAs?

125: Howard
133: RBY
141: Bartlett
149: Van Ness
157: Haines
165: Facundo
174: Starocci
184: Brooks
197: Dean/Beard
285: Kerk

Reactions: diggerpup
Interesting. Forgetting Carr for a sec (LOL), what is the lineup you're expecting to send all 10 to NCAAs?

125: Howard
133: RBY
141: Bartlett
149: Van Ness
157: Haines
165: Facundo
174: Starocci
184: Brooks
197: Dean/Beard
285: Kerk
I think this gets there.

I also think 125 Steen/133 Howard gets there.

Reactions: hlstone
I think this gets there.

I also think 125 Steen/133 Howard gets there.
Agree with the first lineup.

Not so sure about Steen making it. His year wasn't good enough to show he can qualify for nationals, let alone thru a rugged B10 tournament.

B10 125 loses Schroder and Suriano, but re-gains Lee. Everybody else is back. That's gonna be an uphill climb for a guy with a 5-5 record without facing any college starters.

Not so sure about Steen making it. His year wasn't good enough to show he can qualify for nationals, let alone thru a rugged B10 tournament.

B10 125 loses Schroder and Suriano, but re-gains Lee. Everybody else is back. That's gonna be an uphill climb for a guy with a 5-5 record without facing any college starters.
I hear you.

I just think that he's going to get bigger into the weight and benefit from being in the room.

Put it this way, barring injury, GS is going to be a multiple time qualifier and contend for AA in his career. With his prep pedigree, anything short of those things would be very surprising to me. Just comes down to how long that takes and whether it is at PSU. But I don't think it's some longshot to think it could be next year.

I hear you.

I just think that he's going to get bigger into the weight and benefit from being in the room.

Put it this way, barring injury, GS is going to be a multiple time qualifier and contend for AA in his career. With his prep pedigree, anything short of those things would be very surprising to me. Just comes down to how long that takes and whether it is at PSU. But I don't think it's some longshot to think it could be next year.
In his career, sure. I can see that.

Next year? I'd feel a whole lot better about it if he had beaten any college starters at all, or even Ungar or Lewis or the Maryland shirt.

Put another way, Hildebrandt is much better and was extremely fortunate to qualify this year, against essentially the same B10 field.

I noticed that in comments after both of his commitments to Lock Haven and Ohio State that he mentioned faith being important to him. Sounds like he will be a good fit that way and perhaps this is the right environment for him to stick. I don't know anything else about his situation though, so who knows?
I’m very suspicious of this guy. Look at how “ loyal” he has not been to prior schools.
Those who know more than me can correct me, but I don’t think this guy adds much of anything to our lineup.

Again, his ISU Legend father, Nate, runs their RTC, so I'm not sure it makes all that much sense.

Reactions: baccafarmer

Steen: I’m with you, taking the under of him. Now I have great hopes for Howard.

^^^^
It would be tough for Carr to leave, but I can’t imagine that he is pleased with his progression. His bonus point wins went down this year from 65% to 52% and he is lacking room competition. I imagine Degen held his own vs Carr two years ago but even he has digressed going from #8 to #34 at 149.

For my 2 cents I have a hard time buying Carr going anywhere. I watched FRL live yesterday. Christian brings up a potential crazy transfer season almost mid sentence when talking about Nick graduating, and Beau moving down. Ben was fishing for info, thinking it was Carr, and then was shocked when CP texted him the name. Looking around the NCAA around those weights, there is a certain national champion caliber wrestler who might not be happy with his career progression and might be interested in moving closer to home. I'll let you maniacs figure it out for yourselves.

For my 2 cents I have a hard time buying Carr going anywhere. I watched FRL live yesterday. Christian brings up a potential crazy transfer season almost mid sentence when talking about Nick graduating, and Beau moving down. Ben was fishing for info, thinking it was Carr, and then was shocked when CP texted him the name. Looking around the NCAA around those weights, there is a certain national champion caliber wrestler who might not be happy with his career progression and might be interested in moving closer to home. I'll let you maniacs figure it out for yourselves.

But why didn’t we recruit him???

He put it on Paddy Gallagher as well 8-3 with a turn in the 3rd, as a 17 yr old HS senior.
I forgot how bad he beat Paddy. That to me shows how ready he is. Paddy is a beast and is going to step right in next year and do really well. Also, Paddy is physically ready to go right now and Levi more than matched up in that department. Would a redshirt where he can continue to mature both physically and mentally be a good thing? Absolutely but I truly believe that he is a kid that can go from day 1 and be in the conversation at the end of the year. I think Levi can have a freshman year similar to what Hamiti did this year.

His progression has been pretty strong so far, but Ed Scott from DuBois??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT