ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Contracts are made to be broken... But I hope Brands stays forever. And is followed by one of his surrogates (Spencer, Bull, etc.) anyone that can continue the "iowa way".
Or as the joke goes in my industry: contracts are a starting point for future negotiations.

Brands is making over $600k/year, so they owe him $3M+ unless they can either fire him for cause or convince him to retire early. And then they'd have to pay his successor.

The University of Iowa can probably afford it, but that seems like a terrible resource allocation given that they'll someday need to hire an offensive coordinator who can put up more than 10 pts per game.

Or as the joke goes in my industry: contracts are a starting point for future negotiations.

Brands is making over $600k/year, so they owe him $3M+ unless they can either fire him for cause or convince him to retire early. And then they'd have to pay his successor.

The University of Iowa can probably afford it, but that seems like a terrible resource allocation given that they'll someday need to hire an offensive coordinator who can put up more than 10 pts per game.
Maybe half-dismes finally got the revelation that $$ are better thrown at coaching than athletes to turn the tables. I’m sure M2 does well, but maybe a few million up front, and a $800k/yr proposition at least gets a conversation going. What would NCAA rules say about him turning M2 over to a partner, as in how separated from it would he need to be to recruit it?

Maybe half-dismes finally got the revelation that $$ are better thrown at coaching than athletes to turn the tables. I’m sure M2 does well, but maybe a few million up front, and a $800k/yr proposition at least gets a conversation going. What would NCAA rules say about him turning M2 over to a partner, as in how separated from it would he need to be to recruit it?
David easily commands a top 3 salary if the rumors are true which I personally cant see. We know brands, will never know Caels, but he should get more than John Smith

Last edited:
It’s an awesome article - puts the lie to the belief that Cael negatively recruited Spencer Lee . Lee never mentioned this - in fact it seemed clear he was talking about OSU (his other finalist). It’s the crazies that believe it. Anyway, I just googled it and could read it.

https://theathletic.com/5356211/2024/03/23/penn-state-wrestling-cael-sanderson-ncaa/
Audrey has written some great pieces on PSU wrestling. This one gives us a glimpse into the recruiting side we don't ever really hear about.

"If we have to spend a lot of time trying to talk somebody into coming here,” Sanderson said, “that hasn’t always worked out the best for us.”

Nice article from Audrey Snyder.

Great write up! (Paraphrasing) “Other schools weave Penn State into their recruiting pitches. Cael never talks about the other schools; he doesn’t need to.”

Also, I wasn’t aware PJ Duke might be following the same path as Kasak and Ryder @M2. We’ve got more hammers than fuggedaboutit!

This one yours, @tikk10 ? Sure looks like it. LOVE seeing Greg w/ the Big Emote. One of the highlights of the night for me.
Not mine, no, that's Tony Rotundo's. They were taken within a millisecond of each other, and Tony was seated to my left, I forget whether he was right next to me or two over. Mine is below, and if you compared them you might notice different approaches to color and saturation. My goal is to approximate the lighting conditions present in the arena--to replicate what most people actually see. But I imagine Tony would probably say that mine is too warm.

jp6I23d.jpeg

Last edited:
Not mine, no, that's Tony Rotundo's. They were taken within a millisecond of each other, and Tony was seated to my left, I forget whether he was right next to me or two over. Mine is below, and if you compared them you might notice different approaches to color and saturation. My goal is to approximate the lighting conditions present in the arena--to replicate what most people actually see. But I imagine Tony would probably say that mine is too warm.

433430764_10159835704335812_2465559139411583038_n.jpg
You’re right, and I prefer your color choice. Was considering it as a new avatar after the olympics (or if DT turns coats, lol).

Reactions: hlstone and tikk10
Audrey has written some great pieces on PSU wrestling. This one gives us a glimpse into the recruiting side we don't ever really hear about.

"If we have to spend a lot of time trying to talk somebody into coming here,” Sanderson said, “that hasn’t always worked out the best for us.”
Suriano?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT