ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

I was impressed by this interview by KOT. He's honest enough to acknowledge disappointment in the outcome but also able to put things in perspective. He shows pretty remarkable maturity for his age.

Pretty cool that he said he was rooting for Mitchell to beat Carr in the finals: "I'm rooting for my teammate obviously .. my high school teammate. So, hopefully he can get the job done. If I can't get it done, it's awesome that another Arrowhead alum and Askren Wrestling Academy guy could get it done."

If anyone was wondering if Carter is feeling confident (literally no one):

I love it! Can't wait for the Oly trials!

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Yeah, I almost feel like this beef is staged to help build hype for a post olympics DT vs JB fight. If not, agree that Bo is having trouble letting go. Ant’s demeanor after Bo’s lengthy take said it all. But I’m glad PSU guys stand up for each other. And love Carter’s approach.

Yeah, I almost feel like this beef is staged to help build hype for a post olympics DT vs JB fight. If not, agree that Bo is having trouble letting go. Ant’s demeanor after Bo’s lengthy take said it all. But I’m glad PSU guys stand up for each other. And love Carter’s approach.
I was at an event last spring in Philadelphia where they were honoring/ presenting checks to guys who have won world medals. A who’s who in the wrestling world.

I did notice that JB interacted much less with the guys than the other wrestlers. I spoke to him and his wife for a good 5 minutes. Both were incredibly nice and friendly. But they did mostly keep to themselves compared to the other guys…. Just an observation

Everyone there was friendly and gracious with their time. DT, Dake, Zain, Joey McKenna …. It was a cool event

I was sitting next to Mark Schultz during the dinner. Gene Mills, Brandon Slay and Mark hall were also at our table. Boy did I feel
Out of place lol

Last edited:
I was at an even last spring in Philadelphia where they were honoring/ presenting checks to guys who have won world medals. A who’s who in the wrestling world.

I did notice that JB interacted much less with the guys than the other wrestlers. I spoke to him and his wife for a good 5 minutes. Both were incredibly nice and friendly. But they did mostly keep to themselves compared to the other guys…. Just an observation

Everyone there was friendly and gracious with their time. DT, Dake, Zain, Joey McKenna …. It was a cool event

I was sitting next to Mark Schultz during the dinner. Gene Mills, Brandon Slay and Mark hall were also at our table. Boy did I feel
Out of place lol
I hope you told them about your message board exploits. Not everyone can correctly employ the right meme or use the perfect GIF for the occasion

What weight would that be at? When Burroughs is at 79 kg, Taylor still outweighs him by 15 lb.

What weight would that be at? When Burroughs is at 79 kg, Taylor still outweighs him by 15 lb.
Hard to believe DT wrestled 103 as a HS soph. The growth spurt hit and he hasn't looked back. 112 as a jr and 135 as a sr. 157 as a PSU RSFR. 45 pounds over two years and adjusted well doing it.

Reactions: Chris Watts
Any idea what the source of the beef is?
The short version is that DT and JB had a healthy rivalry back when DT was at 74kg. JB sent a tweet back in 2020 saying how he made DT disappear from 74kg. Fast forward to NCAA’s this year, Bo took exception to JB saying he’d target Carter’s knee if he was wrestling him in the NCAA finals. JB said this after referencing his experience at World’s back when he was competing on a broken ankle. He talked about how the international guys took every opportunity to attack his bad ankle. All in all, I understand where JB was coming from with his commentary and the point he made. I also understand Bo taking exception since he and DT are tight and wrestling is tight knit with an emphasis on mutual respect.

IMO, wrestling needs these kinds of interactions/beefs sprinkled in to drive eyeballs to the sport. MMA, though toeing the line of being cartoonish at times, thrives because of personal beef’s driving fights.

I’m here for the defending the Penn State guys vigorously which means KB is the villain here. Who needs nuance anyway?

Keeping it going in that vein…JB is clearly a legend, but he’s also on the far downside of his career, playing the 18th hole so to speak. He’s ripe for the picking.

Some people feel like JB did the color as a branding tool. I can't remember the YouTube clip but I think it was the Iowa State guys who said that. They also said that this one was the last one for this particular color group. Personally I sorta liked Cormier, and his excitement laced style. I wonder what crew they will go with next March?

David recently mentioned on his podcast that he got up to 215 this year, so there is definitely quite a weight gap between them anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: mcpat
Let's not forget how unhinged the Burroughs vs Dake rivalry has been at times. Could be too many people who have problems with JB being in one room and all talking to each other. Could also be that part of JB's strategy/personality is to be low key dickish to the competition.

IIRC this is the 2nd time I've seen Willie comment about the dad on X. Anyone know the back story?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT