ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

I noticed that DT was wearing Nike shoes this weekend. Is he no longer with Adidas? Gotta get my kid some World Champ Magic Man kicks.
DT is with Under Armour and they do not have their own shoes yet. I think he switched to Nike shoes after he left Adidas to go with UA. Nike is a sponsor of USA wrestling but I think wrestlers can wear whatever shoes they want as Snyder was wearing his Rudis shoe and Dake had his Asics on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
DT is with Under Armour and they do not have their own shoes yet. I think he switched to Nike shoes after he left Adidas to go with UA. Nike is a sponsor of USA wrestling but I think wrestlers can wear whatever shoes they want as Snyder was wearing his Rudis shoe and Dame had his Asics on.
Not sure Kyle would appreciate being called a "Dame". :) Autocorrect?

He does seem respectful but I just can't get past the doping suspicion. He may be clean but the Russians all get asterisks for their wins in my book.

Do you believe the Russians to be "dirtier" than other countries? There is plenty of doping going on in other Olympic sports so why would wrestling be any different? While I would love to believe that sports in general, & wresting in particular take place on a clean paying field the evidence suggests this is not the case.

Do you believe the Russians to be "dirtier" than other countries? There is plenty of doping going on in other Olympic sports so why would wrestling be any different? While I would love to believe that sports in general, & wresting in particular take place on a clean paying field the evidence suggests this is not the case.

Are you kidding? Lots of athletes in lots of different sports have been caught doping, but only Russia as a country got banned. Pretty obvious that the Russians are "dirtier" than other countries. That is NOT to say there are plenty of athletes from most countries (including the US) are also doping.

Are you kidding? Lots of athletes in lots of different sports have been caught doping, but only Russia as a country got banned. Pretty obvious that the Russians are "dirtier" than other countries. That is NOT to say there are plenty of athletes from most countries (including the US) are also doping.

the field cheats for individual success...sure will always happen i guess

the russians cheat for their countries success and to stand up their countries stature in the world....no dispute, no doubt, known to all and they dont care one bit

Reactions: diggerpup
“State Sponsored” As above watch IcaRus.
Seconding the Icarus recommendation on Netflix. The Russian cheating program was extensive, mandatory for many athletes, and mostly made a mockery of every sport it touched on (which, for the Sochi games, was all of them), even more so than the East German doping program decades prior. The cheating at Sochi went so far as involving secret trap doors in bathroom stalls so athletes could switch out urine samples.

Reactions: diggerpup and VRE
Russia juiced up for the Paralympics. Let that sink in. It's literally life imitating South Park.

250px-Up_The_Down_Steroid_%28South_Park%29.jpg

As far as other dirty pool goes: a lot of it is either former Soviet states or Russian expats competing for other flags.

Reactions: VRE and Grass
Will never cease to be amazed at how views of things change!

Wasn't too long ago when I was the laughing stock of the mat.com for using a fanny pack-I simply carry it in my hands at tournaments-simply because it's the best place to hold all of my crap in all day long.

Thanks in part to Taylor, I'm suddenly no longer a "sissy" for using one!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT