ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

So.....I think that means we should see a couple of top wrestlers getting self-pinned and taking losses while being well ahead. That should start some interesting threads. Who will be the first top ten wrestler to lose by the new rules of pinning oneself? That could raise some quality bets :)

I'm confused. What in the new rules makes you think there will be more self pins?

I'm confused. What in the new rules makes you think there will be more self pins?

I believe there have been numerous references to such on these threads.....mostly referencing Heil from Okie State and specifically his match with Gulibon last year.

I believe there have been numerous references to such on these threads.....mostly referencing Heil from Okie State and specifically his match with Gulibon last year.

The new rule is not about calling falls in those situations but, rather, awarding a takedown to the attacking wrestler (i.e., Gulibon in your example) after a certain period of back exposure by the defending/countering wrestler.

Since Heil wins a lot of tough matches by the skin of his teeth, the expectation is that the new rules will cost him some points, which will be enough to knock him down a couple of steps on the podium.

Reactions: RoarLions1
The new rule is not about calling falls in those situations but, rather, awarding a takedown to the attacking wrestler (i.e., Gulibon in your example) after a certain period of back exposure by the defending/countering wrestler.

Since Heil wins a lot of tough matches by the skin of his teeth, the expectation is that the new rules will cost him some points, which will be enough to knock him down a couple of steps on the podium.

What slush said.

So.....I think that means we should see a couple of top wrestlers getting self-pinned and taking losses while being well ahead. That should start some interesting threads. Who will be the first top ten wrestler to lose by the new rules of pinning oneself? That could raise some quality bets :)
No, IMO this is exactly reversed.

The new rule penalizes guys for lingering on their backs in neutral. So they're less likely to.

The only way there will be **more** neutral falls will be if the refs now pay more attention to neutral falls. Which would admit that he refs didn't look for it in the past.

Reactions: Sportfan2017
I happen to think this rule will get Nolf more TDs against the likes of Kemmerer & Lavalee too. Maybe he's good enough to force a stalemate on the Martix, but I bet not simultaneously avoiding sustained exposure.

Reactions: diggerpup
Chickenman, our back end?!?! While I couldn't agree with you more...where won't we be salty?!?!

After this year it's a combo of Teske, Teasdale, RBY, Cortez, Lee, Berge, Verkleeren, other Lee, Nolf, Ceno, Hall, Manville, Bo, Shak, Wittlake, Beard, Cassar, Nick N. Seth N.

Throw in the likes of Yanovich, Pipher, Hoeg, Gardner, Law, Carpenter, and whoever else I'm missing...SALT THROUGHOUT THE LINEUP!!!

Disclaimer (thanks to Dunk):

#notmynorm
#thedynastyjustgotstronger
#zainandsaquonequalhodgeandheisman
#myeastcoastbrethrenarepassedoutorasleepandimstillgoingstrong!!!

Chickenman, our back end?!?! While I couldn't agree with you more...where won't we be salty?!?!

After this year it's a combo of Teske, Teasdale, RBY, Cortez, Lee, Berge, Verkleeren, other Lee, Nolf, Ceno, Hall, Manville, Bo, Shak, Wittlake, Beard, Cassar, Nick N. Seth N.

Throw in the likes of Yanovich, Pipher, Hoeg, Gardner, Law, Carpenter, and whoever else I'm missing...SALT THROUGHOUT THE LINEUP!!!

Disclaimer (thanks to Dunk):

#notmynorm
#thedynastyjustgotstronger
#zainandsaquonequalhodgeandheisman
#myeastcoastbrethrenarepassedoutorasleepandimstillgoingstrong!!!

Not passed out yet. Celebrating the Astros win with some Grey Sail Captain's Daughter, Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin, and slasher movies.

#failthematuritytestcelebratingthebestmonthoftheyear

Not passed out yet. Celebrating the Astros win with some Grey Sail Captain's Daughter, Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin, and slasher movies.

#failthematuritytestcelebratingthebestmonthoftheyear

#WEARE!!!!
#GODODGERS!!!!
#Imgoingtogame1!!!!
#iwilloutlastyoutonight!!!!
#yournicopostwasdarkbuticaughtthatitwasyoufromthegetgoandithinkyoushouldntholdbackinthefuturebecauseiappreciateyourposts!!!!

#WEARE!!!!
#GODODGERS!!!!
#Imgoingtogame1!!!!
#yournicopostwasdarkbuticaughtthatitwasyoufromthegetgoandithinkyoushouldntholdbackinthefuturebecauseiappreciateyourposts!!!!

Ha, yes, I see you did outlast me last night (i.e., this morning)! :eek:

Hey, as long as the 'Stros (or Stroh's, as I like to think of them) make it a series, I'll be happy. 12 years was a long time to wait for another crack at it, following the '05 sweep. Of course, you've been waiting a little longer -- but at least the history is there. Kirk Gibson's "I don't believe what I just saw!" homer in '88 remains an all-time classic moment in sports.

#youbetcha

Reactions: caliPSUfan
#WEARE!!!!
#GODODGERS!!!!
#Imgoingtogame1!!!!
#notpickingoncaliPSUfan
#readinghashtagslikereadingGerman
#readingGermansucks

Reactions: caliPSUfan
"FR or SO to make NCAA finals"

Minny-Dave Dean, Ryan Lewis 2x, Tony Nelson, Dylan Ness, Jayson Ness, Roger Kish, Keith Nix, Dustin Schlatter, Larry Zilverberg, Cole Konrad, etc

Just curious...how many of you made the game last night?

Was there. Got home at a few minutes to 1a. Watched the 1st half, ate the rest of my sub, drank a glass of milk and asleep by 2a. Up this morning, cleaned out the car, started the wash and watched the full game over.

got indoor soccer this afternoon and will probably not make it through the TWD tonight if I dont get some sleep.

Minny-Dave Dean, Ryan Lewis 2x, Tony Nelson, Dylan Ness, Jayson Ness, Roger Kish, Keith Nix, Dustin Schlatter, Larry Zilverberg, Cole Konrad, etc
#thinkyoumissedthepointofthetweet
#activecoachesnothistoricalcoachesandteams
#yourswouldbeBrandonEggum=LizakasaRS-Soph
#butthenagainyouknewthat
#beenoveradecadesinceMNwasNCAA&BigTenChampion

He’s discussing under current coaches - do try and keep up. Hard to troll when you’re not on point to begin with

Reactions: diggerpup
He’s discussing under current coaches - do try and keep up. Hard to troll when you’re not on point to begin with
He knew. Just more typical Jammen obfuscation. Besides, maybe there's a reason he didn't cite Manning's long tenure at Nebraska.

Ok, I'm over my hashtag phase, sorry Dunk!

Just saw a tweet that reminded me about our other visitors last night that posed with RBY..,Brooks and McHenry!

Lots of talented recruits on hand for that game last night!

Ok, I'm over my hashtag phase, sorry Dunk!

Just saw a tweet that reminded me about our other visitors last night that posed with RBY..,Brooks and McHenry!

Lots of talented recruits on hand for that game last night!
shhh dont telll spyker

Just curious...how many of you made the game last night?
Knowing the national following of PSU Wrestling, I understand many here, maybe even most, can't attend a PSU Football game. Just wanted to share that last night, as a recruiting tool, is HUGE, and something very few schools can match.

The game itself, on a personal level, made my top-10 all-time (of games I attended), which dates back to 1974...so that's saying something. Was there when McCloskey caught the ball on the sideline :D vs Nebraska in 1982, for example.

Great game to have recruits attend, both official and unofficial visits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT