ADVERTISEMENT

Why Journalism (and Society) is in a Downward Spiral . . .

A large part of Nick's life has been living with and near the Afghan immigrants/refugees. His family hosted two interpreters who lived with them. Nick has more insight and is more outspoken on this topic than the average person his age. I understand that the Lees know Afghans that are stuck/hiding in Afghanistan. So, you might forgive his passionate tweets if they offend you.

His tweets don’t offend me at all. Make me shake my head? Yes.

Retweeting idiots like Tim Kennedy, suggesting that we nuke “the Taliban” for mocking the US? That’s stupid, sorry. There’s really no other way to say it.

Perhaps this was just a coincidence, but Baschamania touched on this yesterday. Unless Nick goes into politics, he’ll likely go to work in an environment where his words and actions matter. Sometimes it’s best to not say anything, publicly, at all.

Name one item that nick said that was wrong.

y'all are being impartial, judgmental douche bags.

and AndEEs, i don't care if you were in Afghanistan for 100 years, you gotta be a special kind of stupid to not know/acknowledge/or reduce the fact that they should have had support there until everyone that needed to be out was out.

"this isn't gonna be another Saigon".... eyeroll.a

offended b/c he retweeted Dan Bangino...smh. what a bunch of unrealistic snowflakes.

So many people refuse to be honest with themselves. they refuse to admit truth or call bs without considering the implications for their party even if it means not being rational.

argue items and points - not if dan bongino is a 'bad look'. and for god's sake don't try to minimize what should have been an elementary pull out decision that turned into the dumbest effing blunder by an american president perhaps ever.

now go head and let 'er rip. talk crap. ban me, whatever. but i'm not gonna sit by and watch you bash nick for speaking truth b/c your fragile, biased assess can't handle it.

Last edited:

and AndEEs, i don't care if you were in Afghanistan for 100 years, you gotta be a special kind of stupid to not know/acknowledge/or reduce the fact that they should have had support there until everyone that needed to be out was out.

offended b/c he retweeted Dan Bangino...smh. what a bunch of unrealistic snowflakes.

So many people refuse to be honest with themselves. they refuse to admit truth or call bs without considering the implications for their party even if it means not being rational.

argue items and points - not if dan bongino is a 'bad look'. and for god's sake don't try to minimize what should have been an elementary pull out decision that turned into the dumbest effing blunder by an american president perhaps ever.

now go head and let 'er rip. talk crap. ban me, whatever. but i'm not gonna sit by and watch you bash nick for speaking truth b/c your fragile, biased assess can't handle it.
For speaking truth? No, he was speaking opinion for the most part and you either agree or disagree. He does not seem to care what effects this has for him so I guess power to him, but Willie, you can't give props and support Nick for stating his opinions when you agree with him but criticize people who disagree and criticize the moves. Unfortunately, the political divisions in this country have almost made it impossible to have a normal conversation about an issue because it devolves into this. I do not agree with a lot of what Willie and Nick are stating but I am smart enough to know that I am ignorant to the facts, not just what the media puts out. I try to follow the "never talk politics or religion" philosophy.

I didnt see much of anything controversial from Nick. I think anyone trying to defend this epic blunder is way more controversial/ political.
How about the last retweet that says it’s nuke time. You support that? I’d say suggesting nuking someone is pretty controversial at a minimum.

It’s almost like you’re responding to someone else. Aside from addressing the fact that I’ve been to Afghanistan, your points seem unrelated to my posts here.

Here are some facts: I didn’t argue against the idea that our personnel should have support until everyone is out.

I didn’t mention Dan Bongino until this post.

Nick has made multiple posts where he has misstated, either because of ignorance or an intent to misconstrue the facts, how the Taliban and others acquired US weapons, clothing and equipment.

Nick has expressed support for using nuclear weapons to take out a very spread out enemy situated among a dense civilian population he also purports to want to save. Again, sorry, that’s stupid. Newsflash: Nuclear weapons don’t discriminate between bad Taliban and good former interpreters.

It’s almost like you’re responding to someone else. Aside from addressing the fact that I’ve been to Afghanistan, your points seem unrelated to my posts here.

Here are some facts: I didn’t argue against the idea that our personnel should have support until everyone is out.

I didn’t mention Dan Bongino until this post.

Nick has made multiple posts where he has misstated, either because of ignorance or an intent to misconstrue the facts, how the Taliban and others acquired US weapons, clothing and equipment.

Nick has expressed support for using nuclear weapons to take out a very spread out enemy situated among a dense civilian population he also purports to want to save. Again, sorry, that’s stupid. Newsflash: Nuclear weapons don’t discriminate between bad Taliban and good former interpreters.
Nick retweeted a tweet showing how the Taliban were mocking our iconic WWII soldiers at Iwa Jima.
Nick does not and has never supported the use of nuclear weapons in Afghanistan. He has literally sent the shoes off his feet to the Afghan people.

RKNBKiN.gif

Nick retweeted a tweet showing how the Taliban were mocking our iconic WWII soldiers at Iwa Jima.
Nick does not and has never supported the use of nuclear weapons in Afghanistan. He has literally sent the shoes off his feet to the Afghan people.

Here’s the text of the tweet he retweeted without any additional comment provided by him:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Taliban soldiers wearing all U.S. supplied equipment MOCK iconic World War II image of American Marines raising flag on Iwo Jima as soldiers don US military gear in propaganda footage. It is straight up NUKE time. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/neonow?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#neonow</a> <a href="https://t.co/g6t6hd8OJj">pic.twitter.com/g6t6hd8OJj</a></p>&mdash; Tim Kennedy (@TimKennedyMMA) <a href="">August 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I am a huge Nick Lee fan and will remain so despite his recent activity on Twitter. I am not going to get in a back and forth political "debate" on this message board. Since you directly referenced my mention of the Bongino Report tweet that was retweeted, I will reply to that ONLY and then be done with this thread.

The Bongino Report tweet Nick retweeted had NOTHING to do with Afghanistan, it was referencing Georgia's recent laws that were passed with the intention of restricting access to voting, particularly for persons of color. It mentioned that Georgia now has one of the highest voter registration rates in the nation, and implied that the new voter restriction laws either "led to" this or had/will have no negative impact on voter registration. The idiocy of this inference should be clear to all. Georgia's high voter registration is the result of years of Stacey Abram's efforts to register voters after Governor Brian Kemp successfully purged hundreds of thousands of people from the voter rolls in his effort to defeat her in the Governor's race. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the recently passed laws.

Now, if you can't see that, I can't help you. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
Hmm. … Impartial and judgmental at the same time, and that’s somehow a bad thing. Is this a zen koan? Sorry Willie, but the long-standing rule is that anybody who makes a zen koan gets straight up NUKED! …

• Haha
Reactions: PSUbluTX
… Willie, you can't give props and support Nick for stating his opinions when you agree with him but criticize people who disagree …
It can be done if one gives the logical foundation, the major premise of the syllogism, the basis for the conditional of the modus ponens, if you will.

There are two kinds of people in the world: people who agree with me, and douchebag snowflakes.

:)

Last edited:
Is it true that the Bongina report spreads the Trump-won-the-election lie? That’s what I heard.

There's always another way to say it.

Irony? Incongruity?
Fine. Purposeful or intentional ignorance? Not much better. Logically inconsistent? Hmm. Not great.

I’m not a public figure making comments that might dissuade a future employer from hiring me.

I learned a long time ago that when one gets emotionally involved in a political or religious argument that reason and rationality go out the window. That's what we are seeing everyday just pure emotion married to irrational thinking about shit most people have no idea about wtf

Reactions: PASLP2
That’s what this thread is about...why Twitter is bad.
I’m a huge fan of Nick’s and that won’t change. That said, he’s free to hold any bizarre political beliefs he wishes but he and everyone knows that if he posts them on social media, he opens the door to criticism. That’s just common sense.
Did you tell Nick how you felt by re-tweeting and engaging him directly? You know, if you have something to say, say it to his face? I doubt it. So, what you've essentially done is subtweeted him, by bringing his message to an entirely different social media and talking about him behind his back, which is not a good look from a "fan."

Once again…Smalls is spot on!

almost all of your response to me is wrong. i can itemize it if need be. you're trying too hard to be offended while also marginalizing the massive blunders of the admin/leadership of this situation.
If you’re referring to me, I’m not impressed by your fact free assessment. Lastly, the “offended” line of insult is ludicrous. The stupidity of people like Dan Bongino doesn’t offend me in the least, it used to be somewhat shocking, but not these days.

Did you tell Nick how you felt by re-tweeting and engaging him directly? You know, if you have something to say, say it to his face? I doubt it. So, what you've essentially done is subtweeted him, by bringing his message to an entirely different social media and talking about him behind his back, which is not a good look from a "fan."
I replied directly to him on Twitter, so your assumption is incorrect.

As I’ve stated previously, I’m still a huge fan of his and will remain so. I’m able to separate his misguided, uninformed beliefs from his astounding wrestling talent.

WE ARE!!!

If you’re referring to me, I’m not impressed by your fact free assessment. Lastly, the “offended” line of insult is ludicrous. The stupidity of people like Dan Bongino doesn’t offend me in the least, it used to be somewhat shocking, but not these days.

I was not talking to you. it was a response to the post that immediately preceded it.

that being said - instead of saying you don't like Dan Bongino, state the particular point of what you disagree with regarding nick. saying you don't like Bongino provides nothing to this conversation other than to reveal your predilections, which no one cares about.

What? We’ve been talking about all these wrestlers behind their backs all these years on a public forum? We must all be impartial, judgemental douche bags!

Public figures cannot be talked about unless they are present. Got it. Genius! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I already told you multiple areas where Nick made factually incorrect statements.

But, as you are a glutton for punishment:

Nick said that the Biden administration gave weapons to the Taliban. Either on Twitter or IG.

My assertion, having seem it first hand, is that the US government furnished those weapons to the ANA. The ANA then threw down their weapons and ran. The Taliban and others then acquired them.

Please explain to me how Nick is correct and I am wrong.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT