ADVERTISEMENT

Why Journalism (and Society) is in a Downward Spiral . . .

lol. please note, this thread was started to call me an unprofessional, pot-stirring dumbass. lmao.

dogwelder, gimme a break. i get called every name in the book on a weekly basis.

the world still turns. grow thicker skin.
Exactly. You hijack the perfectly good Willie-is-a-dumbass thread, for this other stuff?!? :)

Anyhow, you’re still one of my favorite wrestling media guys, and I’ll still pay for your pot-stirring pseudo journalism. ;)

Exactly. You hijack the perfectly good Willie-is-a-dumbass thread, for this other stuff?!? :)

Anyhow, you’re still one of my favorite wrestling media guys, and I’ll still pay for your pot-stirring pseudo journalism. ;)
haha.

i appreciate it. and it's refreshing that we can beef and still be friends. so many people these days can disagree and still move on. truly appreciate it.

you know the 'i'm not a journalist' thing was a schtick, right?

i often use it when people say i'm not - as in - whatever, call me what you want.

lol. what a stupid take. in politics words don't matter? but in private sector they do? lmfao. what planet are you on?

yeah, i'm sure if nick becomes an insurance salesman his take on the afghan war will result in his financial ruination.

(but then again, canceling people for their thoughts seem to be an agenda item for you kind of people)

Tweeting his political opinions didn’t seem to work out too well for Don Beshada at ScrapLife...

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
Ok, so I was the first to post after Nick’s tweet was shared here. If this is to be a thread about bad tweets, can we reach a consensus on whether it’s prudent to post a PSU wrestler’s tweet here when said tweet is potentially divisive?

It’s clear that there’s not a consensus on whether the tweet itself had merit. And to be clear I’m not judging Nick nor challenging his right to post his views.

Ok, so I was the first to post after Nick’s tweet was shared here. If this is to be a thread about bad tweets, can we reach a consensus on whether it’s prudent to post a PSU wrestler’s tweet here when said tweet is potentially divisive?

It’s clear that there’s not a consensus on whether the tweet itself had merit. And to be clear I’m not judging Nick nor challenging his right to post his views.
And I was the first one to bring his Tweet here. I was just passing it along. I'm not one to judge what is acceptable or not. That's the Mods job. Let them do their job as they see fit. Most threads morph into other topics. Let it play out.

haha.

i appreciate it. and it's refreshing that we can beef and still be friends. so many people these days can disagree and still move on. truly appreciate it.

i often use it when people say i'm not - as in - whatever, call me what you want.
haha.

So...does this mean you are still going to unofficially recruit for PSU?

There’s nothing better i love to do then grab a bowl of popcorn come to BWI and proceed to waste my time by scrolling thru posts by anonymous posters arguing over there different views. Goddamn if that’s not the most American thing out there then i don’t know what is....glad we deviated from the typical covid argument for a little

There’s nothing better i love to do then grab a bowl of popcorn come to BWI and proceed to waste my time by scrolling thru posts by anonymous posters arguing over there different views. Goddamn if that’s not the most American thing out there then i don’t know what is....glad we deviated from the typical covid argument for a little
can someone tag me when we get to israel-palestine? tia

lol. please note, this thread was started to call me an unprofessional, pot-stirring dumbass. lmao.

dogwelder, gimme a break. i get called every name in the book on a weekly basis.

the world still turns. grow thicker skin.
‘unprofessional’ — your word
‘pot-stirring’ — your word
‘dumbass’ — your word

Look, no one tends to know a person better than one knows oneself, so I’ll just defer to your opinion (or words) here . . . But, just to clarify, the purpose of this thread was to provide examples of ‘bad’ journalism in wrestling. Whether ‘bad’ be weak, soft, doughy, otherwise lacking in firmness — or taste — my objective was to raise a beef with the track that wresting journalism was taking, regardless of its ultimate accuracy.

On a completely separate subject . . .
Nick Lee? Love his wrestling. Nick Lee’s politics? As a wrestling fan, I can’t say I care or even want to know. Nick Lee’s Twitter? I’ve never seen it and don’t know that I ever will. Why his Twitter post was raised and quoted in this thread? I wasn’t aware he was masquerading as a journalist, so I guess that doesn’t really compute for me.

PSU wrestling fans’ opinions on politics? DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.

Go Wrestling. Go PSU Wrestling.

Unsolicited Advice: Unless you have an existing, established relationship, do not follow teenagers or young adults on their social media, even if it brightens your day thinking it brings you closer to them. It’s kind of creepy. Do not Tweet Robbie Howard directly to express your fandom when he is still in high school. That’s wicked creepy . . . especially if you’re an over-40 guy.

Other than that, I kind of missed you guys. 😘😉

Be Well.

‘dumbass’ — your word

Look, no one tends to know a person better than one knows oneself, so I’ll just defer to your opinion (or words) here . . . But, just to clarify, the purpose of this thread was to provide examples of ‘bad’ journalism in wrestling. Whether ‘bad’ be weak, soft, doughy, otherwise lacking in firmness — or taste — my objective was to raise a beef with the track that wresting journalism was taking, regardless of its ultimate accuracy.

Nick Lee? Love his wrestling. Nick Lee’s politics? As a wrestling fan, I can’t say I care or even want to know. Nick Lee’s Twitter? I’ve never seen it and don’t know that I ever will. Why his Twitter post was raised and quoted in this thread? I wasn’t aware he was masquerading as a journalist, so I guess that doesn’t really compute for me.

Unsolicited Advice: Unless you have an existing, established relationship, do not follow teenagers or young adults on their social media, even if it brightens your day thinking it brings you closer to them. It’s kind of creepy. Do not Tweet Robbie Howard directly to express your fandom when he is still in high school. That’s wicked creepy . . . especially if you’re an over-40 guy.

Be Well.

Not all heroes wear capes

‘dumbass’ — your word

Be Well.
Welcome Back!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I've done a lot of IT work for the Philadelphia Inquirer and the Daily News over the last few decades. Most of the work was done at their huge Schuylkill printing plant in West Conchy. I got a call from a friend toward the end of last year. They were closing the plant. Some small paper in Camden was henceforth printing both the News and the Inquirer. Yesterday I bought an Inquirer. It was a shadow of its former self. How bad was it? Last year they contacted me to create a database for one of their departments. I demanded payment in advance. I kid you not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT