ADVERTISEMENT

Why Journalism (and Society) is in a Downward Spiral . . .

Me in this thread.
the-simpsons-abe-simpson.gif

Beard: He Joe, are you a bit worried that all of the old man jokes that BWI keeps saying about the Iowa guys will be used against us when we are seniors?

Joe Lee: Don't sweat it, Michael. No one's going to remember this 10 years from now...

Kem looks like Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in that pic. Without the back pack of course...

Beard: He Joe, are you a bit worried that all of the old man jokes that BWI keeps saying about the Iowa guys will be used against us when we are seniors?

Joe Lee: Don't sweat it, Michael. No one's going to remember this 10 years from now...
Well if this was true interneting.....you would know by know ....camel will just recruit over both joe and already did with beard. He doesn't want to put BWI through another grey shirt off season debate like we did w the raptor.

Which we won by the way....we always win

#itswhatwedo

Reactions: danoftw
Well if this was true interneting.....you would know by know ....camel will just recruit over both joe and already did with beard. He doesn't want to put BWI through another grey shirt off season debate like we did w the raptor.

Which we won by the way....we always win

#itswhatwedo

I appreciate your commitment to camel! I won't be joining in, but I hope your determination pays off and you pick up some followers.

#nevergiveup

^^^did I do that right?

To each there own. This is the type of comment that should go in the dumpster fire thread. Not a good look criticizing one of our best wrestlers for their political beliefs.
That’s what this thread is about...why Twitter is bad.
I’m a huge fan of Nick’s and that won’t change. That said, he’s free to hold any bizarre political beliefs he wishes but he and everyone knows that if he posts them on social media, he opens the door to criticism. That’s just common sense.

That’s what this thread is about...why Twitter is bad.
I’m a huge fan of Nick’s and that won’t change. That said, he’s free to hold any bizarre political beliefs he wishes but he and everyone knows that if he posts them on social media, he opens the door to criticism. That’s just common sense.

Then criticize him in the dumpster fire thread (or the test board political forum). This isn't rocket surgery. @El-Jefe created the perfect thread where we can all vent and still be friends.

(Edit: just to be clear, this thread was created because of Rutgers. Rutgers and PD3 (and PD2) are a goldmine of negative tweets. Short form summary, you don't eat your own.)

Last edited:
Respectfully disagree Cali. This is a thread about stuff in Twitter that folks deem as "bad". The other "dumpster fire" thread is for COVID related, not politics. I haven't been on there since I have no interest in it, so maybe it changed over into a politics thread. If so, then perhaps a title change is necessary.

NittanyChris just said that Nick was Tweeting stuff. That's all.

Nick Lee now retweeting posts from the Bongino Report. Really sad. Not a good look at all.
Why isn't it a good look? Every American should be furious with what is happening in Afghanistan right now. Talk to someone who served there, most are pissed. Most lost friends over there or had some who were maimed. They befriended the locals who are now going to be slaughtered for helping us. It turns out they risked their lives, lost time with family for nothing. Nick's Dad spent time over there, no wonder he is pissed.

The fact that we are leaving should not be the issue, it is now we are leaving. We are at the mercy of the Taliban to get over 10K Americans and the Afghanis who help us, out of there. We have the imagery of people falling to their death trying to cling to a departing plane. England's Parliament publically rebuked Biden. Our allies are furious with us because they also have their own citizens stuck in Afghanistan and we did not coordinate with them. Plus we left huge quantities of modern military weapons there, which the Taliban now have.

We never should have been there in the first place attempting to establish a democracy (killing terrorists is different). That is the fault of 4 different Presidents. I have a friend who spent 2 years there, he said it was hopeless because it is a perpetual civil war with many war lords, most of the people cannot read/write, they cannot use utensils, they wipe their butts with their hand and rape what ever moves, boy, girl, goat, dog, did not matter. Many of the people could not be trusted, they frequently changed sides.

The issue now is the horrible way we left, that will takes decades to regain the trust of our allies.

Nick, please tweet away.

Last edited:
My POV is that posting a tweet, that many may see as divisive, from one of our wrestlers isn’t a slam dunk winning proposition in the days of cancel culture. I’m fine with Nick’s decision - he’ll definitely own it - but I don’t believe the tweet needs to have its distribution raised by being posted here.

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
Why isn't it a good look? Every American should be furious with what is happening in Afghanistan right now. Talk to someone who served there, most are pissed. Most lost friends over there or had some who were maimed. They befriended the locals who are now going to be slaughtered for helping us. It turns out they risked their lives, lost time with family for nothing. Nick's Dad spent time over there, no wonder he is pissed.

The fact that we are leaving should not be the issue, it is now we are leaving. We are at the mercy of the Taliban to get over 10K Americans and the Afghanis who help us, out of there. We have the imagery of people falling to their death trying to cling to a departing plane. England's Parliament publically rebuked Biden. Our allies are furious with us because they also have their own citizens stuck in Afghanistan and we did not coordinate with them. Plus we left huge quantities of modern military weapons there, which the Taliban now have.

We never should have been there in the first place attempting to establish a democracy (killing terrorists is different). That is the fault of 4 different Presidents. I have a friend who spent 2 years there, he said it was hopeless because it is a perpetual civil war with many war lords, most of the people cannot read/write, they cannot use utensils, they wipe their butts with their hand and rape what ever moves, boy, girl, goat, dog, did not matter. Many of the people could not be trusted, they frequently changed sides.

The issue now is the horrible way we left, that will takes decades to regain the trust of our allies.

Nick, please tweet away.

Let's take a look at this on a point by point basis.

Why are people angry? How does staying in Afghanistan alleviate that pain? Do they want more Americans to die? How is leaving bad? Why is their anger not leveled at the previous administration, who signed a peace treaty with the Taliban?

What is an Afghani? It's a unit of currency.

If people in a city of 5 million people are getting slaughtered by the Taliban, perhaps it's time to look in the mirror. I've seen plenty of videos single Taliban members posted at intersections; what is stopping ANY of these people from walking up and braining the guy or slitting his throat? Nothing.

No, "we" didn't "leave huge quantities of modern military weapons" there. We gave the ANA, ANP and ANSOF weapons. THEY abandoned them.

Any American citizen over there in a non-official capacity after April is a moron. The State Department told everyone to leave in APRIL.

Regarding the C-17. Imagine if all of those military aged men (who likely abandoned their wives, children, parents and other loved ones in an attempt to get on that aircraft) actually grew a pair. Desperate enough to die in an attempt to flee, but not desperate enough to actually defend themselves.

You seem to think that we just left all of a sudden. That couldn't be further from the truth. I was one of the last Americans at not one, not two, but three different Forward Operating Bases...in 2013. They were handed over to the Afghan National Army then and there. They assumed responsibility for those FOBs and maintaining the peace in the surrounding areas; they were also the ones to broker peace deals with the Taliban and turn over their weapons and abandon their posts without a shot fired.

Last edited:
imho, Should have never been there, should not have stayed. lots of blame to go around. this is a fugin unforgivable mess which the current suits in charge should own, like it or not. Almost zero downside risk planning.

AndEEss, thank you and many others for your sacrifice. I couldn't do it.

i remember in 8th grade, maybe 1975, the teacher is talking geopolitics about some country i had never heard of......Afghanistan. had to look it up on the map. like most things in 8th grade, I am wondering why I should care. Russian, US, cold war chess. Vietnam still on folks minds. I don't know why I remember this but somewhere, Rick Heffner is saying........I taught kids about the folly of playing in Afghanistan back in the 70's.

Let's take a look at this on a point by point basis.

Why are people angry? How does staying in Afghanistan alleviate that pain? Do they want more Americans to die? How is leaving bad? Why is their anger not leveled at the previous administration, who signed a peace treaty with the Taliban?

What is an Afghani? It's a unit of currency.

If people in a city of 5 million people are getting slaughtered by the Taliban, perhaps it's time to look in the mirror. I've seen plenty of videos single Taliban members posted at intersections; what is stopping ANY of these people from walking up and braining the guy or slitting his throat? Nothing.

No, "we" didn't "leave huge quantities of modern military weapons" there. We gave the ANA, ANP and ANSOF weapons. THEY abandoned them.

Any American citizen over there in a non-official capacity after April is a moron. The State Department told everyone to leave in APRIL.

Regarding the C-17. Imagine if all of those military aged men (who likely abandoned their wives, children, parents and other loved ones in an attempt to get on that aircraft) actually grew a pair. Desperate enough to die in an attempt to flee, but not desperate enough to actually defend themselves.

You seem to think that we just left all of a sudden. That couldn't be further from the truth. I was one of the last Americans at not one, not two, but three different Forward Operating Bases...in 2013. They were handed over to the Afghan National Army then and there. They assumed responsibility for those FOBs and maintaining the peace in the surrounding areas; they were also the ones to broker peace deals with the Taliban and turn over their weapons and abandon their posts without a shot fired.
Once again its not about leaving. As a MTT team commander I trained and led 2 cycles of Afghan platoons. We trained them to fight with air support, exactly the way we fight. My personal issue with the withdraw is the order of operations. Step one should have been to transfer the prisoners that we have captured for the last 20 yrs to a secure facility. Step two, get civilians and NGO's out. Step 3 get government orgs out. Last the military and air support should have ben moved off shore. At this point they could still help out with air when needed.

The Marine in me sees this as an opportunity. You now have the Taliban out in the open and not hiding. We have the right to destroy our weapons and technology. If a Taliban fighter is connected to it, thats their problem.

Last edited:
I feel like wrestling Twitter in general has become way too political this week. I’d prefer it stick to wrestling. If I wanted politics, I’d put on cable news.

I feel like wrestling Twitter in general has become way too political this week. I’d prefer it stick to wrestling. If I wanted politics, I’d put on cable news.
or literally any other “corner” of twitter.

Reactions: mjmirv
Once again its not about leaving. As a MTT team commander I trained and led 2 cycles of Afghan platoons. We trained them to fight with air support, exactly the way we fight. My personal issue with the withdraw is the order of operations. Step one should have been to transfer the prisoners that we have captured for the last 20 yrs to a secure facility. Step two, get civilians and NGO's out. Step 3 get government orgs out, step 4 get gov orgs out. Last the military and air support should have ben moved off shore. At this point they could still help out with air when needed.

The Marine in me sees this as an opportunity. You now have the Taliban out in the open and not hiding. We have the right to destroy our weapons and technology. If a Taliban fighter is connected to it, thats their problem.

I’m not saying the planning was great. Four administrations have had a hand in where we are today. Bush put us there, Obama increased our numbered, Trump agreed to release Talibs by the thousands and signed a peace treaty with them, Biden pushed the timeline to the right but underestimated how corrupt the ANA/government was.

We still have plenty of air support. The Afghans? Not so much.

I agree with your last paragraph. And if the Taliban want to come out and play with the Northern Alliance, game on.

I’m not saying the planning was great. Four administrations have had a hand in where we are today. Bush put us there, Obama increased our numbered, Trump agreed to release Talibs by the thousands and signed a peace treaty with them, Biden pushed the timeline to the right but underestimated how corrupt the ANA/government was.

We still have plenty of air support. The Afghans? Not so much.

I agree with your last paragraph. And if the Taliban want to come out and play with the Northern Alliance, game on.

Does the Northern Alliance still exist? Serious question.

Once again its not about leaving. As a MTT team commander I trained and led 2 cycles of Afghan platoons. We trained them to fight with air support, exactly the way we fight. My personal issue with the withdraw is the order of operations. Step one should have been to transfer the prisoners that we have captured for the last 20 yrs to a secure facility. Step two, get civilians and NGO's out. Step 3 get government orgs out. Last the military and air support should have ben moved off shore. At this point they could still help out with air when needed.

I appreciate this post

Reactions: vhsalum
Nick Lee now retweeting posts from the Bongino Report. Really sad. Not a good look at all.
A large part of Nick's life has been living with and near the Afghan immigrants/refugees. His family hosted two interpreters who lived with them. Nick has more insight and is more outspoken on this topic than the average person his age. I understand that the Lees know Afghans that are stuck/hiding in Afghanistan. So, you might forgive his passionate tweets if they offend you.

A large part of Nick's life has been living with and near the Afghan immigrants/refugees. His family hosted two interpreters who lived with them. Nick has more insight and is more outspoken on this topic than the average person his age. I understand that the Lees know Afghans that are stuck/hiding in Afghanistan. So, you might forgive his passionate tweets if they offend you.

Thank you.

Wow, thanks for sharing this! I didn't know the back story. On this topic, I have mad respect for Major Tom Schueman:
Linky

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
Wow, thanks for sharing this! I didn't know the back story. On this topic, I have mad respect for Major Tom Schueman:
Linky
"I have been trying to help an Afghan interpreter in danger of being killed get to safety and the State Department just told him he needs to submit a letter from his HR department!"

Unacceptable. Also unsurprising.

Some people are doing heroic work. Others are drawing a paycheck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT