ADVERTISEMENT

Why in the f*ck would you go into the ocean, on a surfboard, & look like a floating seal to a shark

It’s just surfing. What could go wrong? ;)

iu

iu

Last edited:
Reactions: N&B4PSU and TheGLOV
Hippos kill an estimated 500 people annually.

Sharks kill around 10 people annually.

It's the JAWS effect that freaks us all out.

I do dispute your shark kill people stat sir.

I doubt very much that people that get killed, off the coast of Madagascar, or Burma, or Ceylon, or Ethiopia, or Yemen get reported accurately or at all.

This is why I only surf at night.

mosquitos are responsible for waaaaay for deaths. Always wear long sleeves and pants and drench yourself in insect repellant if you go outside your home. Can’t be too safe.

Reactions: TheGLOV
My brother has been a long time surfer in both California and Hawaii. The risk of getting attacked by a shark is just part of the territory similar to the risk of race car drivers or mountain climbers dying.

Reactions: psu00 and TheGLOV
I'd do this way before I'd venture onto some South Florida beach and get near a bunch of 20 somethings packed in like sardines dancing like idiots.

Last edited:
below?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californ...-state-beach-surfer-killed-state-beach-closed

https://people.com/human-interest/surfer-killed-shark-attack-california-beach/

How F*cking stupid can you be??

Truely, the possibility of this happening was very real and the guy brought it upon himself.

Stupidity folks!
When I stop on bye Swami's here on the Coast one of the surfer's always reminds me that it's nice to be retired and be one of the non-monetary
1'%'r's. He loves his life.

And, for the next few weeks it's the Shark Fest/Shark Week+ for everyone's viewing pleasure on the Nat Geo cable channel.

,,,cheers

Lightning strikes kill how many globally a year? Shark attacks kill how many globally a year?
That will be great consolation to anyone who has a great white latch onto one of their appendages. I'm with Glov on this one!

Attacks of New Smyrna Beach Fl. being talked about now.

Young boy name Jack has calf-muscle practically ripped off; 60 stiches and weeks recuperating.

What's the theory for this one: Shark attracted to young boys calf muscle delicacy? 220 shark attack - 1 out of every 25 attacks world wide happens here. Shark attack capital of the world!!

Cape Cod - my shark cage dive scheduled for today was moved to Friday. White sharks are closing beaches every day, but we expect to see "only" blue sharks offshore.

Was surf fishing last night. Seals swimming... and surfers in black wet suits not 50 yards away. I can't imagine it...

My brother was surfing the Makaha beach break in Hawaii about 2 or 3 days ago and took a somewhat unusual route back to the beach at the end of his session. While returning to the beach he saw a 20-foot shark lurking on his usual route back to the beach. Didn't even bother asking him whether he would go out again because I know he would. However, this shark did get his attention.

I do dispute your shark kill people stat sir.

I doubt very much that people that get killed, off the coast of Madagascar, or Burma, or Ceylon, or Ethiopia, or Yemen get reported accurately or at all.

They do a lot of surfing in those waters do they? I would guess that where hippos live the number of people that are killed are way under reported. How many people are killed in the US in car accidents, accidents in the home, etc. This thread is beyond ridiculous, but quite entertaining. :p:D:rolleyes:o_O

Reactions: PSU87
My brother was surfing the Makaha beach break in Hawaii about 2 or 3 days ago and took a somewhat unusual route back to the beach at the end of his session. While returning to the beach he saw a 20-foot shark lurking on his usual route back to the beach. Didn't even bother asking him whether he would go out again because I know he would. However, this shark did get his attention.
While certainly not impossible, 20 footers are pretty rare. Fear and the 33% water magnification factor probably had some input into his size estimate. Granted I've never been in the water in Hawaii, but all my excursions into the water in Florida the biggest shark I've ever seen is a 12 foot tiger....

They do a lot of surfing in those waters do they? I would guess that where hippos live the number of people that are killed are way under reported. How many people are killed in the US in car accidents, accidents in the home, etc. This thread is beyond ridiculous, but quite entertaining. :p:D:rolleyes:o_O
It is a bit comical. US averages 16 attacks per year, most of them minor, and 0.5 fatalities per year out of millions of people in the water. It's hardly a reason to avoid getting in the water. If your risk tolerance is that low.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT