ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't playoff committee...

Oh lord....dumbest post of the year nominee.

If you don't believe losing to Michigan State and LSU are comparable you win the dumbest football fan in the country award. I know you have no respect for the Group of 5 but Troy is a good team.

But he also says our win over Iowa at Kinnick at night was not a good win....and he's a PSU fan.
Yes, beating Iowa on the road is the equivalent of beating Georgia or Alabama. Iowa, Bama and Georgia are all clearly top 4 teams in the country. Our best win was Northwestern--I'm sorry that bothers you.

Yes, beating Iowa on the road is the equivalent of beating Georgia or Alabama. Iowa, Bama and Georgia are all clearly top 4 teams in the country. Our best win was Northwestern--I'm sorry that bothers you.
Yeah, that's what I said. I never said Iowa was our best win you idiot....but it's a good win. I didn't know it had to be Georgia or Bama to be a good win.

Yeah, that's what I said. I never said Iowa was our best win you idiot....but it's a good win. I didn't know it had to be Georgia or Bama to be a good win.

Do you even have a point? When looking at our resume we have one win over a ranked team. Iowa is not ranked. So, yes, Auburn, even with an extra loss was obviously going to be ahead of us as they lost to 3 ranked teams (including 2 playoff teams) and beat two playoff teams in comparison to losing to 2 ranked teams--neither in the playoffs--and best win being NW which I'm pretty much the only person here that gives NW any respect. Being a Penn State doesn't mean I have to pretend a lesser resume is more impressive.

Do you even have a point? When looking at our resume we have one win over a ranked team. Iowa is not ranked. So, yes, Auburn, even with an extra loss was obviously going to be ahead of us as they lost to 3 ranked teams (including 2 playoff teams) and beat two playoff teams in comparison to losing to 2 ranked teams--neither in the playoffs--and best win being NW which I'm pretty much the only person here that gives NW any respect. Being a Penn State doesn't mean I have to pretend a lesser resume is more impressive.
Then we should have been ranked ahead of Alabama.

Then we should have been ranked ahead of Alabama.

Because NW is ranked two spots ahead of Miss State...really? You aren't even trying now. We all knew where we'd be ranked some people just want to pretend to be outraged to continue this "the world is against us" nonsense.

Because NW is ranked two spots ahead of Miss State...really? You aren't even trying now. We all knew where we'd be ranked some people just want to pretend to be outraged to continue this "the world is against us" nonsense.
Nope, just showing you there are more sides to an argument than just yours. Many teams had pretty good arguments to be included....it's not as cut and dried as you make it out to be.

Nope, just showing you there are more sides to an argument than just yours. Many teams had pretty good arguments to be included....it's not as cut and dried as you make it out to be.

What's the argument for us ahead of Bama? make the argument
Hell, what's the argument for us ahead of Auburn?

What's the argument for us ahead of Bama? make the argument
Hell, what's the argument for us ahead of Auburn?
We had a tougher schedule than Bama and our two losses were by four points. The SEC was a weaker conference so our conference wins were better. Bama got in on name alone.

Auburn had more losses....same reason Bama got in over OSU. And they had more losses in a weaker conference.

See, you can pick and choose whatever metric strengthens your particular argument just like the committee does (and like you do). Now before you act like your usual moron self, I'm not saying we should be ranked ahead of Bama, I'm just saying arguments can be made.

We had a tougher schedule than Bama and our two losses were by four points. The SEC was a weaker conference so our conference wins were better. Bama got in on name alone.

Auburn had more losses....same reason Bama got in over OSU. And they had more losses in a weaker conference.

See, you can pick and choose whatever metric strengthens your particular argument just like the committee does (and like you do). Now before you act like your usual moron self, I'm not saying we should be ranked ahead of Bama, I'm just saying arguments can be made.

The SEC has two teams in the playoffs and the Big Ten has none. Which conference is stronger? And the bottom of the Big Ten is pretty awful too. If you don't believe me read this board talk about Rutgers, Maryland, etc.

You know there's no argument for Bama or Auburn to be behind us. I've heard no one outside our fan base complain about Auburn being ranked higher. The real complaint if USC,

The SEC has two teams in the playoffs and the Big Ten has none. Which conference is stronger? And the bottom of the Big Ten is pretty awful too. If you don't believe me read this board talk about Rutgers, Maryland, etc.

You know there's no argument for Bama or Auburn to be behind us. I've heard no one outside our fan base complain about Auburn being ranked higher. The real complaint if USC,
Agree about Bama but there is an argument for us to be ranked ahead of Auburn whether you see it or not. And the Big is better than the SEC... not as top heavy, but better overall and that's just not my opinion.

1. Why didn't they earn it? Based on what? Opinion?

No. Auburn

2. You're arguing data points? LOL

YEP.

USC Power 5 Data points Alabama dodged = Notre Dame on the Road, Washington State Friday night on the Road after a short week, South Division Champ Stanford in Pac 12 Championship Game.

Ohio State Power 5 Data points Alabama dodged = Iowa on the road at night, Undefeated, number 4 ranked, and Western Division Champ Wisconsin in Big Ten Championship Game.

2. Since when is winning a division a requirement? Oh, that's right, it isn't

You’re right. The “Committee” has proven this thing a sham and turned it into a beauty pageant. Glad you like judging contests.

3. They lost one game--who cares if it was the final regular season game or the first. If they beat Clemson that become irrelevant.

It was an elimination game that determined which team would be playing in the SEC Championship Game. Alabama failed their final exam miserably. USC and Ohio State didn’t.

4. Dr Pepper doesn't determine who wins between Clemson-Bama or Oklahoma-Georgia

No, but they have sure been subliminally promoting the heck out of Alabama since this whole thing started. Sometimes, I swear I see a great big red A on that Larry Culpepper’s shirt and hat every time I see him.

5. Other teams should start winning more games then, right?

HAAA!!! You mean like Fresno State, Colorado State, and Mercer instead of Notre Dame, Washington State, and Stanford?????? You know, Power 5 schools????????? Are you serious??????????

6. Getting picked can be based on those things--that would have nothing to do if they both win the semifinal matches

What???? How about Alabama earn it on the field against Auburn instead of feeling sorry for them because they weren't good enough to win the first time they tried? Should be no sympathy or second chance votes after you lose your elimination game.

7. Yes, you're rambling

And you posted earlier that a Troy loss is equal to a Michigan State loss. I rest my case.

The lack of reading comprehension on this board is frightening. Our loss to MSU is comparable to Auburn's loss to LSU not LSU's loss to Troy though Troy is far better than you guys are giving them credit for. They only lost at Boise State and then to South Alabama the week after the LSU game which is pretty much unexplainable. Only logical explanation for that is they weren't over the LSU win yet. Too bad they don't get a decent bowl game to try to prove LSU wasn't a fluke.

Aside from the SEC, who wants to see those two teams at all?????
Still think the sec is a shell of its former self. the thought of watching that hand-picked duo in the finals is enough to make me switch the channel. As in I won't watch.

The ncaa lucked out by placing the semis on jan 1st where they will grab a very unhappily captive audience. Put those games on a Wednesday nite and watch ratings tumble like weeds. And the finals?

Put simply... WHO THE F GIVES A SH**?

I can't begin to tell you how little i think of this foursome. Maybe if OK had someone at the helm who wasn't a complete assh*** I might care... but right now they have an asshat at QB and a possible rapist at RB. Nice touch.

Georgia beat an Auburn team that had to play Bama and GA back to back.. welcome to our world. Difference is, we showed up at msu. Aubrey called in sickee sickee.

Bama used to be great. This bama? meh. x 50. top 5-7 for sure, but hardly anything to get stirred by.

Leaving me with 'we lost to syrexcuse'.... gag. or is that gagh... a dish best served to klingons?

If this is the end result of CFB in 2017, it sux. Give me a playoff or let's just go back to boning we knew as the bowl system.

I think the nailed 1-4 imo, 5-9 they really messed up. Wisconsin to me is behind OSU, PSU, USC, they are so slow and wouldn't beat any of the three. Auburn with 3 losses, one to LSU who is decent but not great team, also behind those three. 5-9 in would have went OSU, PSU, USC, Auburn, Wisky. I would not have a problem swapping PSU and USC, or Auburn and Wisky.

I'm still not sure why people have a problem with Auburn ahead of us but think it's okay for us to be ahead of Wisconsin. 6-9 is debatable for sure but I can understand how they reached this order. I think the highest we could've been was 7. Ahead of Wisconsin and USC. Auburn's quality wins plus 3 losses to ranked teams wasn't dropping them behind us.

Simple. Auburn lost 3. We lost 2. We lost our games by a combined 4 points. Auburn had a game like MSU when they lost to LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT