ADVERTISEMENT

Who will the next Iowa coach be?

No doubt. If they are smart they go after someone like Taylor or another Penn State guy. I think they are too arrogant for that though.

I agree. If he let's his team play dodgeball at practice,then I will be concerned.

As long as TnT runs (did I omit an "i" ) the Hawks; there should be a fan appreciation night at CHA complete with souvenir bag featuring:

If Brands decides to walk away and become a cobbler 👟. Brent Metcalf would be on the list.

Not really. Iowa City is quite nice. Add that to the actual job of coaching Iowa, resources, etc. It's damned attractive to anyone.
All the highest rated restaurants are steakhouses, burger joints and mediocre Italian food. That pretty much speaks for itself.

Well, nobody confuses State College with San Sebastian either.

OTOH, Ann Arbor has a wide selection of highly rated mediocre food.

Sounds like Michigan. On another note, I wonder which Big Ten school is the best for a Caleb Livingston type weight increase. PSU has the creamery, but the fat sandwiches at Rutgers are just the right type of gluttony.

All the highest rated restaurants are steakhouses, burger joints and mediocre Italian food. That pretty much speaks for itself.
I mean that’s pretty much the only way you can rate the quality of a living experience. Not by cost of living or crime rates or tax rates or any of the hundreds of things more important than fancy food.

Speaking of Iowa, I haven't seen Ironbird post on the Iowa board in quite some time. Keep in mind, he seemed to favor Big Ten accomplishments over NCAA accomplishments. I wonder if he is still laughing at us for thinking "whoever our kid is at 165 will have any shot against Caliendo".
Even GIA has a limit. They BANNED him. He finally exceeded the 1,000,000 capital letter lifetime maximum.

I think the real problem with Iowa getting a new coach is that they have to convince someone to move to Iowa.
If you spent a week in Iowa, you would be amazed at how friendly everyone is. You would start to think that you are surrounded by total stuck up snobs in whatever part of the country you are currently in, unless it happened to be North Dakota or Minnesota.
But from reading your other posts, it may be that you are amongst your own kind when surrounded by stuck up snobs and shallow people.

Tom is not going anywhere. His teams still compete hard and are always a threat.

Penn State’s success the last dozen years has put them behind, but the sustained success cannot be ignored.

I do agree that by courting a Pat Downey and the Ferrari's, Iowa does appear desperate. While entertaining, this is something an Iowa should never feel the need to pursue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT