• 184 Rasheed

• 197 Nickal

• H Cassar

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cali_Nittany

Jan 5, 2016
The PRC
Two disclaimers before I start.

Roar, I wish I could put "All of the above" as an option but I'm limited to 10 selections.

El Jefe, I don't give a f@@# what Mike Evans thinks.

125 - Schnupp
I was a little worried in the 1st period but there is no quit in Schnupp. Wrestled to the whistle and got the reversal to prevent bonus.

133 - RBY or RBV or RBD
It doesn't matter what his initials are, he's darn good. Credit to Zeke and Milhoff for trying. Another hammer in the toolbox.

141 - Lee
Wrestling with Zain is paying dividends.

149 - Berge
Ok, not the best offensive show but he beat a very good ranked wrestler.

157 - Nolf
Credit to Pagdilao for keeping it to a major. Nolf was oh so close to catching him at the end in what would've been a highlight reel pin.

165 - Joseph
I can't say it enough, Joseph has taken it to the next level. I'm looking forward to a rematch against Marinelli.

174 - Hall
While I had a good feeling about Hall coming in, he exceeded my homeristic expectations. Riding Zahid out for an entire period! Not even Spyker would've predicted that.

184 - Rasheed
Rasheed is a menace. Its awesome to see him at his ideal weight. No cradle, that's ok. Tech falls are pretty good too.

197 - Nickal
I was disappointed he took so long to get the pin. He seems a little sluggish.

Heavy - Cassar
I ordered a Cassar calendar for Christmas from LemonPie's Cassar Fan Club website.

(I left it as unlimited voting so Roar can pick everyone.)

174 - Hall
While I had a good feeling about Hall coming in, he exceeded my homeristic expectations. Riding Zahid out for an entire period! Not even Spyker would've predicted that ...

But then again:

Hall is going to be sooo much improved. He wants to be the BEST IN THE WORLD. He will major Zahid everytime this year....JMO

:)

Last edited:
I am pretty sure I read we won td’s 6-28( something in the upper 20’s), we gave up the first 6 then no more, impressive! And loved Devin’s fight to save the major!

From 133 down all super impressive. Hall
Was obviously OW last night but is it me or does Nick Lee get the least amount of press from us fans?

Lee Is so workmen like. In the lineup he sandwiched in the middle of two superfrosh and from 157 on up it’s like a contest of who can dominate the best.

I see you Nick Lee and appreciate the effort you give every time out! You’ll never be the most talked about guy on this team but man you are appreciated

I voted Cenzo. He bonuses a guy who had never been bonused and did so with a lookbon his face like a little kid who just stuck a kick me sticker on his friends face. Enjoying the moment in a devilish sort of way.

Everyone knew the early season clash between guys with Olympic aspirations was going to be great, VJ’s dismantling of Shields was a surprise.

When CS says a 2 time NC is ahead of where he was last year.......yikes

Impossible to pick one! RBY-quickness is off the charts
Marky-was dominant against a probable future Olympian &
Cassar-just sick sick athletic ability

Reactions: lionlover
RBY was my choice. We have now witnessed how good he's on his feet ,how he's tough on top working the bars. The only box he has not checked is how he will do from underneath against someone like Mckenna or Lysak.
The little attitude and personality speaks volumes of the kid being young and knowing he's good. He'll hit a road bump along the way and we'll have to see how he responds.

RBY was my choice. We have now witnessed how good he's on his feet ,how he's tough on top working the bars. The only box he has not checked is how he will do from underneath against someone like Mckenna or Lysak.
The little attitude and personality speaks volumes of the kid being young and knowing he's good. He'll hit a road bump along the way and we'll have to see how he responds.

I predict he will not get out from bottom against McKenna this year.

I would say 8 great performances but have to give the most impressive to Hall who handily beat returning national champ. Only disappointment was Berge who wrestled something like 6 min plus on his feet without one shot. No reason ever for that stat

I would say 8 great performances but have to give the most impressive to Hall who handily beat returning national champ. Only disappointment was Berge who wrestled something like 6 min plus on his feet without one shot. No reason ever for that stat
Hall’s win was great but he certainly had a chance going in. I’ll give my choice to RBY who beat an experienced ranked opponent very easily. Overall an incredible asswhooping......

Reactions: diggerpup
I thought the girl next to the Magic Man in the stands was impressive. I also saw a guy in the stands beating the heck out of Nico. He looked pretty tough. On a side not - Mike Evans was not impressed with anyone.

Reactions: dicemen99
Mark Hall, gets my vote, of course. But RBY also gets some points and Cenzo, damn is he tough to score on, even wrestling a quality opponent.

Mark Hall, wow what a performance. Zahid is very very very good. By far the best #2 in the country!
Strongly agree Mark Hall LOVES PSU....It really is amazing because they sound like Cael talking...They really buy into the GREAT lifestyle on and off the mat...Not another program even close for REAL....

Nolf is pissed off at this voting. He is currently in next-to-last position. He majored and nearly tech-ed a top 20 guy, and even threw in a Winn Dixie for the peanut crunching crowd. If he throws down his ankle bands after his next home match, he will be sending a signal to the fair weather fans in the next PSU online voting. And maybe transferring to Rutgers, even if that is only possible in the Matrix.

From 133 down all super impressive. Hall
Was obviously OW last night but is it me or does Nick Lee get the least amount of press from us fans?

Lee Is so workmen like. In the lineup he sandwiched in the middle of two superfrosh and from 157 on up it’s like a contest of who can dominate the best.

I see you Nick Lee and appreciate the effort you give every time out! You’ll never be the most talked about guy on this team but man you are appreciated
Who is Nick Lee? Never heard of him.

Reactions: 7Springs
I voted for Cassar's launch to impact and pin as most impressive. IMHO, it will remain the single most memorable takedown of the dual similar to RBY's flip against Lehigh.

Sure, RBY was also impressive, but he had 8lbs on Millhof. I see Hall's methodic and tactical domination as too easy pick a pick, because of all the pre-dual hype and the in-dual energy Rec Hall added.

Too bad Bo's 35 second pin was simply too expected to impress.

Last edited:
I voted for Marky because this was a huge win for him. Although at first I voted RBY and changed my vote. For those counting RBY has not been taken down so far in college. Cenzo and Cassar have legitimate arguments as well. I hope the kid from ASU got the license plate number of the truck that ran him over for insurance purposes.

I voted for Mark.

I've also been patting myself on the back for a clear and unambiguous prediction of a Hall 4 point victory (7-3). :)

I'll also echo an earlier comment from doublehaul, Cenzo appears to be darn near impossible to bring down.

I thought the girl next to the Magic Man in the stands was impressive. I also saw a guy in the stands beating the heck out of Nico. He looked pretty tough. On a side not - Mike Evans was not impressed with anyone.
Pretty sure that was Mrs. DT. You might want to tread lightly.

Roar, I wish I could put "All of the above" as an option but I'm limited to 10 selections.

125 - Schnupp
I was a little worried in the 1st period but there is no quit in Schnupp. Wrestled to the whistle and got the reversal to prevent bonus.

133 - RBY or RBV or RBD
It doesn't matter what his initials are, he's darn good. Credit to Zeke and Milhoff for trying. Another hammer in the toolbox.

141 - Lee

149 - Berge

157 - Nolf
Credit to Pagdilao for keeping it to a major. Nolf was oh so close to catching him at the end in what would've been a highlight reel pin.

165 - Joseph
I can't say it enough, Joseph has taken it to the next level. I'm looking forward to a rematch against Marinelli.

174 - Hall
While I had a good feeling about Hall coming in, he exceeded my homeristic expectations. Riding Zahid out for an entire period! Not even Spyker would've predicted that.

184 - Rasheed
Rasheed is a menace. Its awesome to see him at his ideal weight. No cradle, that's ok. Tech falls are pretty good too.

197 - Nickal

Heavy - Cassar
I ordered a Cassar calendar for Christmas from LemonPie's Cassar Fan Club website.

Great setup, thanks for that!

Not an ounce of disappointment, and my cup runneth over, for the effort every one of the guys showed. High energy level, no quit, from any of the guys on my favorite wrestling team. Coaches are surely satisfied, though will keep this in perspective. While this forum can go nuts, this was a December dual against a very good team. Lots of work ahead.

In the meantime...great work guys!! Enjoy your Christmas break. Come back refreshed, renewed, and ready to go. SCUFFLE NEXT!!

Reactions: Ja1339

125 - Schnupp

133 - RBY or RBV or RBD

141 - Lee

149 - Berge

157 - Nolf

165 - Joseph

174 - Hall

184 - Rasheed

197 - Nickal

Heavy - Cassar

Preface- I am not a wrestler.
Schnupp because despite getting down early to a good wrestler he never gave up. And to the fans for showing their appreciation. Rec Hall is a special place for a match. I am sure it wasn't lost on AZ State fans and their team.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
1) Mark Hall’s right hook.
2) Ref pretending he didn’t see said right hook.
3) No points rewarded after seeing kids docked points for touching opponents noses this season.

1) Mark Hall’s right hook.
2) Ref pretending he didn’t see said right hook.
3) No points rewarded after seeing kids docked points for touching opponents noses this season.
I was surprised when the refs a few years ago didn’t see Joey Bosa tear off Christian Hackenberg’s helmet in full view of everyone and I was also surprised when Ben Hartsock made a perfect catch of a bounce pass and it wasn’t called incomplete or even reviewed.

But this is the Big10 and that’s what they do - sucks when you’re on the other end.

As Antknee Cassar’s shoulders would say, whattayagonnado?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT