ADVERTISEMENT

Whitehead?

I'm not trying to be a wise ass so please don't take my respose that way but that question would be better asked on the Pitt board. Maybe you're banned there since they ban anyone they suspect of having a PSU connection. I wasn't even sure where Whitehead was playing until I saw another reply to your question.

I'm not sure if Whitehead has taken over a starting safety position yet, but from what I've seen he's been getting some significant playing time, and looks as dynamic and athletic a player as he was believed to be. I'd expect him to take over starting duties full-time as the year goes on. He's in a pretty good spot as a defensive back in Narduzzi's scheme - MSU always put a lot of emphasis on their DB play, and he'll be a focal point in that defense at Pitt. Would have looked great in blue and white, and I think he'd be starting for us at safety next week against Army if Lucas and Allen aren't able to suit up.

I'm not trying to be a wise ass so please don't take my respose that way but that question would be better asked on the Pitt board. Maybe you're banned there since they ban anyone they suspect of having a PSU connection. I wasn't even sure where Whitehead was playing until I saw another reply to your question.

No way. It's better asked here. Now I'm not trying to be a wise ass.

Pitt has 2 players on the team with major college level talent: Boyd and Whitehead. Both play all the time.

Whitehead comes as advertised. Narduzzi worked him in the first 2 games, then against Iowa he went off. Through 3 games, he has 25 tackles, 15 of which are solo, and 1 forced fumble. He's only 5-11, 185, but plays a lot bigger. He flies around the field, and although not the same position, reminds me of Sean Lee. In that he always seems to be around the ball.

Whitehead is playing very well and improving. You can actively see him understanding the defense and his reads better and better each week. He's going to be really good.

Hopefully Sisco is not a Pitt fan, and we can go back to proving that Pitt & Penn State fans can actually have real, adult conversations on these boards.
Whitehead is doing quite well and looks to have a future in the NFL.. A question back to you is Nick Bowers redshirting? thanks in advance

I believe Bowers is redshirting, although I'm not sure how much that speaks to Bowers' readiness or ability as much as our above-average depth at TE. I recall there being reports that he was impressive in camp. My impression is that Givens is redshirting, as well.

Thanks, went to school way back in the day with Nicks parents... was just curious

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT