ADVERTISEMENT

Where's demlion?

Taking a break?

I think the campaign took a lot out of him and he is taking a bit of rest and relaxation on his private yacht, anchored off the Cote d'Azur.

penn_state_boat_flag_25920sma.jpg

No, I'm not aware of any recent reports of West Virginians being crushed by falling trees. He's fine, no doubt.
I can imagine a demise similar to the fate that befell one of Maggie's boyfriends on Northern Exposure. (struck by a satellite, for those not familiar with that great series)

svtiqv.jpg

Last edited:
I can imagine a demise similar to the fate that befell one of Maggie's boyfriends on Northern Exposure. (struck by a satellite, for those not familiar with that great series)
"Rick ate the satellite." Remember the funeral? It was like a cross between David Lynch and Monty Python.

My favorite episode is a tie between the one where Maggie got appendicitis on a camping trip and the first appearance of Bob the Flying Man. (Bill Irwin played Bob, genius.)

Reactions: step.eng69
Rumors of my demise are largely exaggerated. Went to Cancun for a week, and my whole life broke into chunks--electronic devices blew up in Mexico (something torched the sim cards in my phone and tablet) massive meaningless bullshit from bill-by-the-hour insurance company lawyers requiring even one all-nighter upon my return, a State Supreme Court brief (replete with an incomplete record courtesy of a Circuit Clerk who did not do her job) and other BS which ate my time like a fat boy eats donuts and ice cream.

Then more seriously, to top it off, some serious illness came to visit my 86 yo dad, and that is looking pretty grim, necessitating multiple trips to Harrisburg (2 hours) and lots of hours on the phone with doctors and visiting nurses and other family members.

God help me I have no idea what I would have done if I had finished in the top 3 and had to run a campaign in and around this horror show. Sheesh. It is calming down now and soon I will have whipped this too.

It is nice to be missed. Soon I will be back and someone will be saying 'Why doesn't this f@cking guy go away?" I do not have near as good an answer for that one. :)

Rumors of my demise are largely exaggerated. Went to Cancun for a week, and my whole life broke into chunks--electronic devices blew up in Mexico (something torched the sim cards in my phone and tablet) massive meaningless bullshit from bill-by-the-hour insurance company lawyers requiring even one all-nighter upon my return, a State Supreme Court brief (replete with an incomplete record courtesy of a Circuit Clerk who did not do her job) and other BS which ate my time like a fat boy eats donuts and ice cream.

Then more seriously, to top it off, some serious illness came to visit my 86 yo dad, and that is looking pretty grim, necessitating multiple trips to Harrisburg (2 hours) and lots of hours on the phone with doctors and visiting nurses and other family members.

God help me I have no idea what I would have done if I had finished in the top 3 and had to run a campaign in and around this horror show. Sheesh. It is calming down now and soon I will have whipped this too.

It is nice to be missed. Soon I will be back and someone will be saying 'Why doesn't this f@cking guy go away?" I do not have near as good an answer for that one. :)
Sometimes things happen for a reason and you need to be there dealing with your dad now.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. All the best to you both.

Reactions: demlion
Just saw an ambulance pass by with some guy in a coon skin hat chasing it. Might have been Dem.
Why did your dear late wife file for a handicapped parking space in front of a rental property in which she, and you, lived? That suggests that you don't own......

So sad...on so many levels.

Last edited:

Hope you and Dad are doing better. Stay strong.

Best wishes to you and your family in assisting your dad. I know how difficult it is dealing with elderly parents with health problems who live at a distance.

Reactions: fairgambit

Best wishes for your Dad Dem...

Reactions: fairgambit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT