ADVERTISEMENT

Where’s does Utah go after getting curb stomped

If this continues and their adjustments do not work in the second half I would say;

The drawing board!

I forget where the number two pac-12 goes. Want to say Holiday Bowl off the top of my head. I doubt they make NY6 at this point. No quality wins.

I stand corrected. Looked it up, Alamo Bowl vs Big 12 - Oklahoma St??

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I think this bodes well for us. The committee punished Bama for not beating a single ranked opponent this year. They must certainly do the same for Utah? Yeah Utah made their conference championship, but they still haven't beaten anybody. If they move Utah ~6-8 spots, I can't see them not moving Wisconsin more than a few spots when they get beat handily.

I think this bodes well for us. The committee punished Bama for not beating a single ranked opponent this year. They must certainly do the same for Utah? Yeah Utah made their conference championship, but they still haven't beaten anybody. If they move Utah ~6-8 spots, I can't see them not moving Wisconsin more than a few spots when they get beat handily.

But wait..... Herbstreit said we should not punish teams for playing an extra game so we should not punish teams for losing their conference champ game.... So by Herbie's logic, I guess Utah stays right around 5?

IMO, PSU will be #7 possily #6 in the final CFP rankings.

Moving ahead of Wisky, Utah, Baylor....

Possibly Georgia if they get blown out by LSU

Sticking with my call from 2 weeks ago...PSU to the Rose for a rematch with Oregon from 1995 Rose.

Sticking with my call from 2 weeks ago...PSU to the Rose for a rematch with Oregon from 1995 Rose.
Yep a PSU-Oregon Rose Bowl rematch is looking pretty likely now. Will be interesting to go against Juwanson too.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
On the one hand, a NY6 case for PSU seems stronger now as one would assume Utah falls behind PSU. On the other hand and wrt Rose, perhaps Mullen might hear some whispers that Oregon would prefer to play Wisconsin than PSU (assuming that Oregon and the Pac 12 would have an easier game versus the Badgers compared to the Nittany Lions)...

On the one hand, a NY6 case for PSU seems stronger now as one would assume Utah falls behind PSU. On the other hand and wrt Rose, perhaps Mullen might hear some whispers that Oregon would prefer to play Wisconsin than PSU (assuming that Oregon and the Pac 12 would have an easier game versus the Badgers compared to the Nittany Lions)...

Do they really consider who the other teams wants to play?? If so, that's nuts. :confused:

Interesting that LSU chance of beating UGA is around 55%, a close UGA win would make things tight as the top.

Mullen has zero to do with it. Absolutely zero.
(And the entire premise is idiotic ta’ boot)

But, yeah.
That was somewhat tic, but I wouldn't say Mullens has "zero" to do with it. He recuses himself from discussions about Oregon's ranking, but what about Wisconsin? Didn't he say last week that "the extra game shouldn't be penalized" or something to that effect? How the B1G teams play tonight might make it moot, but if it is "close" - say 12-23 point OSU win (only one team held the game under that margin this season), could not Mullens advocate as a committee member and chair that the Badgers should be ranked higher than PSU? Not suggesting conscious bias, perhaps an unconscious bias or valid opinion (lol - I have a biased opinion here). If OSU curb stomps the Badgers by 24+, probably no opportunity for any funny business (conscious or not).

Interesting that LSU chance of beating UGA is around 55%, a close UGA win would make things tight as the top.

UGA lost at home to an unrated team that has a losing record..that should be an automatic disqualifier. It would be for PSU and we all know it....hell...a one loss to only OSU would’ve been enough to disqualify any BIG team.

It doesn’t matter.
Mullens (and the Committee) won’t pick the Rose Bowl team from the B10
^^^^^This......The Rose can pick either team regardless of ranking in the CFP but it does carry some weight. Money still talks and that is where PSU trumps about every other team out their.

^^^^^This......The Rose can pick either team regardless of ranking in the CFP but it does carry some weight. Money still talks and that is where PSU trumps about every other team out their.

PSU has s much larger following overall, but have you seen those Wisconsin Rose Bowl games? The stadium is quite red as they travel pretty well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT