ADVERTISEMENT

When does the controversy discussion start?

ryoder1

Feb 17, 2007
Ok everyone, you know it is coming. The raging debate that a 9-0 B10 champ does not deserve a CFP spot over the darling SEC leaders. A 9-1 LSU that loses a close game to Bama, are they in ahead of a 9-0 B10? Probably not but there will be incessant whining from the SEC.

Also, the ONLY shot a B10 team has for the CFP is to be unbeaten. For PSU even that may not be enough. Why? Just because we are PSU.

Hate to say it, but every B1G is going to stumble at least once, Penn State included.

Ok everyone, you know it is coming. The raging debate that a 9-0 B10 champ does not deserve a CFP spot over the darling SEC leaders. A 9-1 LSU that loses a close game to Bama, are they in ahead of a 9-0 B10? Probably not but there will be incessant whining from the SEC.

Also, the ONLY shot a B10 team has for the CFP is to be unbeaten. For PSU even that may not be enough. Why? Just because we are PSU.

In any other year I might agree, but with players opting out, having to quarantine, etc., I think an undefeated season gets you in - especially if you're OSU. PSU has the same chance noting we're not sure how much losing Parsons will hurt both on the field and in the eyes of voters. I see OSU's Wyatt Davis is trying to get back with his team.

In any other year I might agree, but with players opting out, having to quarantine, etc., I think an undefeated season gets you in - especially if you're OSU. PSU has the same chance noting we're not sure how much losing Parsons will hurt both on the field and in the eyes of voters. I see OSU's Wyatt Davis is trying to get back with his team.
Agree. an undefeated B1G season probably gets you in. Who cares about the other games against Troy and West Texas? Regardless, the bowls (if any) will be interesting.

No, it's not Jack Tripper (John Ritter in Three's Company) - it's Bill Murray as Tripper Harrison in Meatballs.
right...

We are the C.I.T.s, so pity us.

The kids are brats, the food is hideous.

We're gonna smoke and drink and fool around,

we're nookie bound.

We're North Star C.I.T.s.

In my personal view and what I have told people is that I see this season as a throw away season. Due to Covid and all the outside issues, it will always be remembered with an asterisk. Therefore, I'm just happy I get to see Penn State play some football. I don't know if there will be any bowl games or the championship game. Doesn't matter this year. Let the kids play and let's see what happens.

In my personal view and what I have told people is that I see this season as a throw away season. Due to Covid and all the outside issues, it will always be remembered with an asterisk. Therefore, I'm just happy I get to see Penn State play some football. I don't know if there will be any bowl games or the championship game. Doesn't matter this year. Let the kids play and let's see what happens.
I agree. Like MLB, NBA and NHL when a player brags about winning twenty years from now it will be met with "oh, THAT year...well..." For example, after watching the Pens in the NHL thingy, I don't think they wanted to be there and phoned it in.

ryoder is already feeling sorry for himself. He usually waits until after the first game to do that. This season really is unique.

Reactions: royboy

Under the current setup and extreme COVID restrictions, with no built in wiggle room, a 9-0 Ohio State record would probably include a couple of forfeit wins. So they would only be 7-0 on the field of play.

LSU all the way.

Ok everyone, you know it is coming. The raging debate that a 9-0 B10 champ does not deserve a CFP spot over the darling SEC leaders. A 9-1 LSU that loses a close game to Bama, are they in ahead of a 9-0 B10?
This is just silly talk. A real question is that same 1-loss LSU vs. 1-loss B10 champ. Right now too early for even that.

Also, the ONLY shot a B10 team has for the CFP is to be unbeaten.
We have no idea how the season will play out. Maybe extra conference games means SEC 2nd best has 2 losses.

Reactions: McCloudersportLion

Boy, how I hope we get that far, have that much good fortune and remain (COVID free). I have parents up here complaining that the high schools seasons may overlap and their children will have to make a choice on sports (considering we have not had HS sports since March......wouldn't it be nice to have sports so that they do have to make a decision....perhaps they would prefer no sports and therefore no choices to make? Sure seems people live to be pissed off about something.

Will they take positive COVID tests into account in determining strength of schedule?

o_O

I agree. Like MLB, NBA and NHL when a player brags about winning twenty years from now it will be met with "oh, THAT year...well..." For example, after watching the Pens in the NHL thingy, I don't think they wanted to be there and phoned it in.

Sorry, but whomever wins The Stanley Cup has earned it. No teams have mailed it in last two rounds and SCF will be tough series. I cannot speak for NBA. Don’t give a rat’s ass about MLB.

I just really hope we get to the point where a controversy happens. If it does, then the season has been a great success for all of CFB.

9-0 O$U team gets in but obviously an 9-0 PSU team will not... this is really not up for debate.
I think it depends on whether other teams are unbeaten or not (though a one-loss SEC team may trump us). But I can hear our Ohio State win being played down if it happens while you would think that Ohio State beat the 1978 Steelers after they beat us despite the fact they're supposed to win and our best defensive player is sitting out the season.

I'm anticipating we'll see even more emphasis on "style points" this season given the likelihood that the CFP will inevitably be comparing teams that play an unequal number of games.

Reactions: stf110

I mean there are going to be issues of "what happens if game X gets postponed, but then never happens, do you punish Alabama for getting to duck Floria or Ohio State for MSU if that happens?"

Let's see if there are four teams still standing before we worry about playoffs

Funny how the same talking heads complaining about this year’s limited schedule of the Big Ten are the same ones that say in a normal year it’s not a big deal that the SEC plays one less conference game.

No, he was right on.

What a silly topic to start with, posted by you.

You seem to invent things to worry about or gripe about.
Oh yes so silly. I invent things just annoy you and the other clown. Now I know I can Go back to the basement. LOL,you posted a response, why???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT