ADVERTISEMENT

What the Memphis message board warriors think about the game

PS4814

Jul 28, 2016
The State of Paranoia
Here are some of their comments from a Memphis board:

https://csnbbs.com/forum-499.html

"If we beat PENN STATE.....it will be a beating FLORIDA with Emmitt Smith in the backfield moments. Or beating USC in LA moments. We have a history of creating these MOMENTS. Be sure to be there."

"Don’t underestimate the lack of motivation of playing a G5 team.
03-nutkick.gif
"

"Tigers vs the child molestors, and yes, they had a live one.

I know i joke, but i ******* hate penn state. They are a prime example of everything wrong in college football. They should not even have a football program. They should have never gotten their wins back. I don't respect them and i haven't watched them in many years. I hate we have to play them in our first trip to the cotton bowl. I'll watch but i'll mute the game bc the announcers will be gooing all over them bc they are a ncaa fav football program. They have always been that way too, and the ncaa didn't have the balls to do the right thing. Made it even easier to stop watching ncaa sports."

"I hate to think what Penn State might have done to our ball boy if it was them and not Cincinnati."

"I'm sure penn state has a good football team, but i don't watch power conference football teams anymore (unless we play them). I did watch all sports for a long time, and Penn state has always been a ncaa fav football team. Espn loves them. They've had more money coming in compared to us, because they are a big part of this power conference scam ruining college sports. They should be getting top coaches and top recruits. I'm sure this will be a five star vs walk on type match up. This is a game of haves and have nots. They should be favored to win this game. We got nothing to lose. I'd rather play boise state since they are in a position more like us."

"They look a lot like Cincinnati, we look a lot like Minnesota. If we don't get screwed by the refs we are at #10 which is where Penn State is. Minnesota is ranked #18. They are bigger than us; we are faster than them. The key is going to be White, who will have to be able to make throws without pristine offensive line play.

It is a very even matchup; very winnable."

"In the big 10, there is Ohio St, and then everyone else. Didn’t Penn St play 3 ranked teams all year long and get beat by 2 of them? The Big 10, minus Oh St, has been living off the success of 20+ years ago for awhile now. So as a fan, I’m happy to be here, if they are. But let’s not act like they are a tier 1 team that is actually contending for championships."

"Look, let's be bigger than that. They have a great tradition in football. They're better than us. I think our speed will surprise them. Southern football is different. This is going to be a game. They're arrogant. We'd be the same if we were playing them in basketball. Let's just kick their arrogant asses and walk away. We're going to beat these pricks."

"All that matters is that THIS year Memphis is 12-1 with four wins over ranked teams, let alone that those teams all stayed good all year, being 10-1, 10-1 and 9-1 in games not involving Memphis. And we are not newcomers to being good, this is the sixth straight year. Plenty of three star caliber athletes. Games and wins over ranked and good Missisippi let alone Josh Rosen led UCLA...who did stink as it turns out that season. I figured the message board tough guys blindly supporting a school where the coach and fan base willfully blinded themselves to child rape would actually view playing the a Cotton Bowl against Memphis as the bad thing. Hate to go there as internet wads are typically not representative, but they have earned it. Next year matters. Need to get a 7th consecutive 8 win or better season and need a follow up top twenty NY6 bowl season and maybe these ******** will come off their douche horses. PSU has a huge alumni base in Dallas, but I think they will be surprised at the number of Memphis fans there. We are not Alabama. But we are not Western Michigan either"

Last edited:
Reactions: sarasotan

"If we beat PENN STATE.....it will be a beating FLORIDA with Emmitt Smith in the backfield moments. Or beating USC in LA moments. We have a history of creating these MOMENTS. Be sure to be there."

03-nutkick.gif
"

I know i joke, but i ******* hate penn state. They are a prime example of everything wrong in college football. They should not even have a football program. They should have never gotten their wins back. I don't respect them and i haven't watched them in many years. I hate we have to play them in our first trip to the cotton bowl. I'll watch but i'll mute the game bc the announcers will be gooing all over them bc they are a ncaa fav football program. They have always been that way too, and the ncaa didn't have the balls to do the right thing. Made it even easier to stop watching ncaa sports."

"I hate to think what Penn State might have done to our ball boy if it was them and not Cincinnati."

"I'm sure penn state has a good football team, but i don't watch power conference football teams anymore (unless we play them). I did watch all sports for a long time, and Penn state has always been a ncaa fav football team. Espn loves them. They've had more money coming in compared to us, because they are a big part of this power conference scam ruining college sports. They should be getting top coaches and top recruits. I'm sure this will be a five star vs walk on type match up. This is a game of haves and have nots. They should be favored to win this game. We got nothing to lose. I'd rather play boise state since they are in a position more like us."

"They look a lot like Cincinnati, we look a lot like Minnesota. If we don't get screwed by the refs we are at #10 which is where Penn State is. Minnesota is ranked #18. They are bigger than us; we are faster than them. The key is going to be White, who will have to be able to make throws without pristine offensive line play.

"In the big 10, there is Ohio St, and then everyone else. Didn’t Penn St play 3 ranked teams all year long and get beat by 2 of them? The Big 10, minus Oh St, has been living off the success of 20+ years ago for awhile now. So as a fan, I’m happy to be here, if they are. But let’s not act like they are a tier 1 team that is actually contending for championships."

"Look, let's be bigger than that. They have a great tradition in football. They're better than us. I think our speed will surprise them. Southern football is different. This is going to be a game. They're arrogant. We'd be the same if we were playing them in basketball. Let's just kick their arrogant asses and walk away. We're going to beat these pricks."
Surprised it took that long to hear southern speed.

03-nutkick.gif
"

@BobPSU92 -
They hate us as much as we hate us!! :eek: They may need tongs to play us, for fear of touching us somewhere naughty and catching some disease.

Some of their posts are even BWI self-loathing-worthy. Others need a little more work, but show promise. A good mentor such as BobPSU92 could coach them up in no time.

@BobPSU92 -
They hate us as much as we hate us!! :eek: They may need tongs to play us, for fear of touching us somewhere naughty and catching some disease.

Some of their posts are even BWI self-loathing-worthy. Others need a little more work, but show promise. A good mentor such as BobPSU92 could coach them up in no time.

They hate us more than they hate themselves. I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, it's nice to see others hate us. Do unto us as we do to ourselves. However, never underestimate the importance of hating oneself. It helps one stay grounded.

At least one of them went the sandusky route and how we shouldn't be playing football. Lovely.

03-nutkick.gif
"

So they say these things and Penn State are the arrogant ones?

Lmao. Sucks for this guy.

Reactions: BUFFALO LION

Espn loves them.

They are bigger than us; we are faster than them.

Didn’t Penn St play 3 ranked teams all year long and get beat by 2 of them?

Since there was so much to read, just wanted to highlight the best gems:
Apparently ESPN loves PSU...who knew?
Apparently PSU team speed is in question...
Apparently wins over #14 and #16, coupled with losses to #2 and #18, add up to THREE.
:)

They hate us more than they hate themselves. I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, it's nice to see others hate us. Do unto us as we do to ourselves. However, never underestimate the importance of hating oneself. It helps one stay grounded.

At least one of them went the sandusky route and how we shouldn't be playing football. Lovely.

Now that we have a new entrant into the 'Must Hate PSU' Lifetime True Story maxiseries, maybe some of our own will switch some or all of their hate from us to them to balance things.

As for not playing football, I think we sleepwalk through the Rutgers game every year as self-imposed penance and more or less don't play football that game. It's a small but meaningful gesture, imo. :rolleyes:

Now that we have a new entrant into the 'Must Hate PSU' Lifetime True Story maxiseries, maybe some of our own will switch some or all of their hate from us to them to balance things.

As for not playing football, I think we sleepwalk through the Rutgers game every year as self-imposed penance and more or less don't play football that game. It's a small but meaningful gesture, imo. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I think this board is better served by not discussing PSU football.

Reactions: Nitt1300 and Bob78
Let me see what Memphis is know for - Cheating in Basketball and Elvis, that's about it, oh and 1 year of minor relevance then it's back to bottom feeders.

Since there was so much to read, just wanted to highlight the best gems:
Apparently ESPN loves PSU...who knew?
Apparently PSU team speed is in question...
Apparently wins over #14 and #16, coupled with losses to #2 and #18, add up to THREE.
:)
I was thinking the same thing about the ESPN statement. I guess we have to give them a break. They're Memphis football fans, and root for a team that's relevant as often as Haley's Comet flies over Earth. They also probably could've finished in the upper half of the ACC Coastal this year. So, they should be excited. Also, we're just fans of little, old PSU, which only is in the top 7 or 8 all time in college football wins, and 41-11 since 2016 while playing in the toughest division in college football.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Let me see what Memphis is know for - Cheating in Basketball and Elvis, that's about it, oh and 1 year of minor relevance then it's back to bottom feeders.

I will add that a great man was assassinated there.

For all it's downside, Memphis does have some pretty awesome food.

Reactions: ralphster
I thought some on here have claimed that no one holds Sandusky against Penn State any longer and that everyone else in the country has moved on and forgotten about it?

It is a shame that there is segment of every fanbase we go up against that are so ignorant about the whole matter. As someone else stated, thank you BOT and also main stream media (who haven't given a rats ass about Ohio State or MSU those horrific acts).

Thanks for posting this. I laughed pretty hard. My favorites were:

"i don't watch power conference football teams anymore (unless we play them)" So you aren't a football fan then and have no basis for comparison outside of the mighty AAC?

"we are faster than them"
OK. Except actually not (and it's probably not close).

"I think our speed will surprise them. Southern football is different."
LOL. PSU has 26 players on the roster from southern states, so even if this is true (hint: it isn't), I think we'll be OK.

"Plenty of three star caliber athletes."
Not even three star; three star *caliber*. ROTFLMAO.

Related to the last one, I went back and looked at the 247 recruiting rankings for the past four years. Memphis has played against a total of 2 four star athletes (and zero five star) in conference games. They are in for a rude awakening from a talent perspective.

I thought some on here have claimed that no one holds Sandusky against Penn State any longer and that everyone else in the country has moved on and forgotten about it?

It is a shame that there is segment of every fanbase we go up against that are so ignorant about the whole matter. As someone else stated, thank you BOT and also main stream media (who haven't given a rats ass about Ohio State or MSU those horrific acts).
You’re talking some web board weirdos for an irrelevant team. Of course they’re going to go there.

We are likely bigger and faster. Hate to break it to them, so someone else do it. But be gentle.
They are from the south, so they are automatically "fast". We're from the north east, so we are automatically "big and slow".

That was enough

This will be with us for decades.... it is very unfortunate but true.
I am very excited for us to put a whooping on Memphis. Good motivational material there.

I hope some of these comments end up on a team bulletin board or at least get passed around the between the players. Memphis is in for a rude awakening. They think they have speed? ahahaha They don't know what speed is, but they are going to see it soon. Do they have any players who would start for PSU, or even crack the two deep? One, maybe two?

I don't even consider Tennessee to be in the South. Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and maybe Arkansas are the South. Tennessee is located in the "taint" of America. They taint in the North and they taint in the South, so they taint got any fictitious southern speed. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT