ADVERTISEMENT

What is your PSU Bball HC criteria?

Disagree. Rhodes is a top candidate and would be a very good choice
yeah that comment was a little out there.

Rhoades would be on the list of candidates for almost any program in the mid-Atlantic. i believe he was one of the candidates mentioned for Georgetown this year

edit: the more I look at the coaching career of Rhoades, I'm kind of wondering why PSU didn't hire him instead of Shrewsberry in the first place. Probably because they wanted to do everything on the cheap

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
Rhodes is a better coach than Micah.
Kraft was playing chess. or maybe just lucky timing

i hope Rhoades says yes. Rumor has it that Larranaga is retiring from Miami after this run. That would further reduce any chance of getting May to come to PSU, and creates more competition for coaches in general. PSU needs to do what they can to get this done by the end of the weekend

Kraft was playing chess. or maybe just lucky timing

i hope Rhoades says yes. Rumor has it that Larranaga is retiring from Miami after this run. That would further reduce any chance of getting May to come to PSU, and creates more competition for coaches in general. PSU needs to do what they can to get this done by the end of the weekend
May ain't coming. Not even interviewing.

Rhodes is a better coach than Micah.
some of the stuff Micah said on the way out also kind of rang hollow.

How he's all grateful to John Harrar for establishing the culture. The culture for what? His great two week run?

Then in the interview with Jones saying how Indiana is so different because basketball is huge there, and football is huge in PA. Yet he was going to Notre Dame. The guy was just saying words that didn't have any meaning

VCU has a 6'10" center from PA. also was involved in recruiting Kebba Njie's brother (don't know if that's good or bad for our chances of keeping Njie)

I’m guessing psugo823 is making a guess sound like a done deal so he can act like he’s in the know if it happens. If he’s wrong, he will leave and come back under a new identity.
the penn state plane flew to richmond today and then returned to PA

whether they brought Rhoades with them is the question

but it seems like it is probably far along. unless he changes his mind. The A10 is a crappy situation. win the conference tournament or you miss the ncaa. the big ten put 8 teams in the ncaa. i think he comes to psu

the penn state plane flew to richmond today and then returned to PA

whether they brought Rhoades with them is the question

but it seems like it is probably far along. unless he changes his mind. The A10 is a crappy situation. win the conference tournament or you miss the ncaa. the big ten put 8 teams in the ncaa. i think he comes to psu
I’m not doubting that they’re talking to him or that he may come here, I’m doubting psugo823’s inside sources.

I’m guessing psugo823 is making a guess sound like a done deal so he can act like he’s in the know if it happens. If he’s wrong, he will leave and come back under a new identity.
You are so hung up with me you totally abandoned the thread lmao

this is a great hire. There were so many terrible years post-Parkhill, but, looking back on it the last three hires have each been incrementally better than the prior one (Chambers, Shrewsberry, Rhoades).

seems like we are now at the point where they are treating this like a legit P5 program. about time.

now Rhoades has some major work to do. next year was going to be thin regardless. wonder who he might bring from VCU. they have a 6'10" guy from the poconos in their 2022 class.

also wonder how this will play out with Booth. not optimistic but psu did what they could in getting a new coach fast. I hope Booth likes him

this is a great hire. There were so many terrible years post-Parkhill, but, looking back on it the last three hires have each been incrementally better than the prior one (Chambers, Shrewsberry, Rhoades).

seems like we are now at the point where they are treating this like a legit P5 program. about time.

now Rhoades has some major work to do. next year was going to be thin regardless. wonder who he might bring from VCU. they have a 6'10" guy from the poconos in their 2022 class.

also wonder how this will play out with Booth. not optimistic but psu did what they could in getting a new coach fast. I hope Booth likes him
I haven’t seen it anywhere else, but hopefully this is true. If so, I wonder if he brings Phil Martelli’s son with him, as well as any of his assistants that were there. I would think that he would be able to bring in some solid portal guys even if booth left the incoming freshman class. I also would think that this year’s current freshmen would want to stick around since there is so much playing time available.

Reactions: fairfaxlion2
I haven’t seen it anywhere else, but hopefully this is true. If so, I wonder if he brings Phil Martelli’s son with him, as well as any of his assistants that were there. I would think that he would be able to bring in some solid portal guys even if booth left the incoming freshman class. I also would think that this year’s current freshmen would want to stick around since there is so much playing time available.
with the university plane flying there and back today, and this coaching changes account usually having some inside info, i think it's a lot closer to certain than not. iirc psu has a mandatory background check that delays them actually announcing anything, so it's going to have to leak out like this

Mine are:

1) HC experience with record of getting teams in NCAA tournament
2) Recruiting connections and success in Northeast and DMV
3) Proven ability to recognize "Diamond in the rough" players and develop them at the college level.
---PSU bball is not going to attract 5 star & high 4 star players so they need a coach that can develop guys that might be overlooked during recruitment. For instance, take a smaller/quicker PG like MN from Kstate who has been exceptional or a 6'8" kid who plays center and has the girth to bang on the boards and can run the floor though undersized heighth wise.
4) Runs up tempo offense with movement and able to coach multiple defenses.

There are coaches out there who meet this criteria.
I'm hoping for someone who generates universal indignation here. Things are slow and pissing off fanboys would get me to Thursday (opening day MLB).

Or Rhoades changed his mind.
if that happened at this point in the process, i count it as a screw up.

Nice of Jones to write his obligatory piece on why nobody should take the job. why doesn't that guy just cover a school that he doesn't hate?

if that happened at this point in the process, i count it as a screw up.

Nice of Jones to write his obligatory piece on why nobody should take the job. why doesn't that guy just cover a school that he doesn't hate?
But this isn't a good let alone great job. That's why it was important to meet the demands of Shrew.

But this isn't a good let alone great job. That's why it was important to meet the demands of Shrew.
but we didn't. that's over. if they screwed up again a week later, without a clear #2 option that is worthwhile, this is even worse than previous searches. and those were disasters

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT