Baylor beats Oklahoma State
Houston beats Cincinnati
Iowa beats Michigan

The top 4 would be:
1. Georgia
2. Notre Dame
3. Baylor
4. Who would be four...OSU? Bama?

Would not the upset be Bama beating Georgia? In that case I could see both Bama and Georgia getting in.

Reactions: shifix
Would not the upset be Bama beating Georgia? In that case I could see both Bama and Georgia getting in.
What you say is true, but I take it as the OP intent is in regards to what produces the most chaos/2-loss participants.

Georgia beats Alabama
Utah beats Oregon
Houston beats Cincinnati
Iowa beats Michigan

The top 4 would be:
1. Georgia
2. Notre Dame
3. Baylor
I would take Ohio State if your scenario plays out. San Diego State would also be a one loss team. Are they a possibility?

I would take Ohio State if your scenario plays out. San Diego State would also be a one loss team. Are they a possibility?

OSU getting in twice over big ten champs when they failed to win their division would really be something, especially if they pulled it off this time when both had 2 losses.

Georgia beats Alabama
Utah beats Oregon
Houston beats Cincinnati
Iowa beats Michigan

The top 4 would be:
1. Georgia
2. Notre Dame
3. Baylor
IF that would happen there is NO WAY they would keep Bama out, Houston just might knock Cinncy off

Georgia beats Alabama
Utah beats Oregon
Houston beats Cincinnati
Iowa beats Michigan

The top 4 would be:
1. Georgia
2. Notre Dame
3. Baylor
Would love to see just that. Don’t want bama to win and both go dancing. But would love the chaos involved. It would help pressure the NCAA to go to eight teams.
But would rather see Cincinnati win if keeps bama out after losing to Ga. Another down side is that ND gets in again.

Georgia beats Alabama
Utah beats Oregon
Houston beats Cincinnati
Iowa beats Michigan

The top 4 would be:
1. Georgia
2. Notre Dame
3. Baylor

In that scenario, a lot would depend on how badly Georgia beat Alabama.

If Georgia dominates the Tide, then no way does Alabama get in. Close, tough game...different story, but no 2-loss team has ever gotten in the playoff. I don't see it happening this year either.

Hard to picture Iowa beating Michigan. It's more likely that Michigan will blow out Iowa. Whether a blow-out or a close win, Michigan is in.

Reactions: YorkLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT