ADVERTISEMENT

The future of college football

College football has ruined college football I hope people start flooding stadiums where real college football is still being played , division 2 division 3 NAIA that would be fantastic

Reactions: KCLion
Looking at the recent recruiting class I don't see any big changes. OSU still with the same type recruiting class they always get, same as us, no big change. Are you talking the transfer portal signings? I don't follow that.
Looks like Oregon has had a really good class.
They could be dangerous and challenge for the B1G title next year. Keep in mind, they have Uncle Phil's Nike money behind them.

OSU, UM, and PSU have sold out to wokeness, DEI, and that whole LGB thing. These schools are going to be hard pressed to compete for much of anything for a long time to come.

You can throw ND into that mix as well.

They made their beds. They can lay in them.
How can you sell out to DEI when your sports teams are just the opposite of what DEI is about. There is no such thing as DEI in athletic departments. It’s a bizzaro world. Don’t contribute to it.

How can you sell out to DEI when your sports teams are just the opposite of what DEI is about. There is no such thing as DEI in athletic departments. It’s a bizzaro world. Don’t contribute to it.
Because the D in DEI does not mean what you think it does. Diversity in DEI does not mean the inclusion of all races. It means that one race's representation in something is reduced well below its percentage of the population to benefit the others.

My only post on the subject and it is only made because you asked.

• Love
Reactions: hoflane
I think something important to keep in mind and it’s strictly hypothetical because I don’t believe it’s happened yet.
How long until a player who is a first or second round talent that’s on a team that say by their eighth game they’ve lost two, at what point in the progression of this college football model does that player say hey you know what we’re not going anywhere I’m not practicing anymore. I’m not taking a risk injuring myself I’m shutting it down and declaring for the NFL draft. I don’t know how probable that is, but I can personally see it metastasizing into that. What are your thoughts?

I think something important to keep in mind and it’s strictly hypothetical because I don’t believe it’s happened yet.
How long until a player who is a first or second round talent that’s on a team that say by their eighth game they’ve lost two, at what point in the progression of this college football model does that player say hey you know what we’re not going anywhere I’m not practicing anymore. I’m not taking a risk injuring myself I’m shutting it down and declaring for the NFL draft. I don’t know how probable that is, but I can personally see it metastasizing into that. What are your thoughts?
For that to happen, the structure of the NCAA scholarship language would have to change. The only way around that currently, is to fake an injury or declare “mental health” concerns. If coaches start allowing this to happen, then they are walking a very slippery slope, which will eventually get them canned at their respective university.

Joey Bosa a few years ago.

Guess it was Nick Bosa. One of them hurt their groin and refused to come back because the team had lost a couple of games. Smart move in my opinion.

Guess it was Nick Bosa. One of them hurt their groin and refused to come back because the team had lost a couple of games. Smart move in my opinion.
Yeah, Nick had "core" surgery so really hard to say he should have been able to play but regardless, we agree, smart decision on his part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT