ADVERTISEMENT

FSU

psulongago

Aug 29, 2001
Anyone want to see FSU get crushed by Georgia to end all the, we should have been there. They were not a top 4 team, Michigan would have steam rolled them on an easy path to the NC. At least Michigan has to play a real, complete team, Alabama. Michigan losing ends whatever dynasty may have been brewing, would be easier to sanction a losing Michigan and the coach will leave for the Pros. Michigan will come back to the PSU level. Who know what's going on at OSU,

Reactions: dswartz
Anyone want to see FSU get crushed by Georgia to end all the, we should have been there. They were not a top 4 team, Michigan would have steam rolled them on an easy path to the NC. At least Michigan has to play a real, complete team, Alabama. Michigan losing ends whatever dynasty may have been brewing, would be easier to sanction a losing Michigan and the coach will leave for the Pros. Michigan will come back to the PSU level. Who know what's going on at OSU,
One game, one week prior, did Alabama look like a complete team against an unranked team to you?

Reactions: AtlantaLion
No, I want FSU to beat Georgia and to have Bama or Texas win the playoff so that FSU will (hopefully) get voted as a #1 in one of the polls and we have a split (mythical) "national championship"

by that logic, then let's just hand the trophy to Michigan because they are really the only team that hasn't struggled.
my point is that every argument that is used to keep FSU out…ignores the point to someone else.

It is, and has been nothing other than an invitational. Teams a group of people want in. Just call it what it is. It’s not a playoff.

my point is that every argument that is used to keep FSU out…ignores the point to someone else.

It is, and has been nothing other than an invitational. Teams a group of people want in. Just call it what it is. It’s not a playoff.
Then a playoff doesn't exist in an college sport so who cares. We know what the term is used for.

I want to see FSU win and make the committee look like a bunch of incompetent, greedy, gutless bureaucrats that they are.

Except they were a top 4 team. They were ranked in the top 4 going into that weekend and they won. One of the teams ahead of them also lost.

FSU and UGa are going to have a ton of backup play. FSU could lose by 50 and it doesn't make the committee right just like winning doesn't prove them wrong.

Hell there is no right or wrong in the current format

Well stated and quite true.

MI will lose to whomever they play. 3-13 in the last 20 years and losers of 6 straight. No Big 2 refs to help them out. You are what your record says you are and they stink in post season games. Coincidence? I think not.

Nah.

They might become our rival relatively imminently. Just sayin'.

FSU BoT to meet today at 10 am reportedly to decide on how to get out of the ACC.

Well, there is that minor issue of turning over their revenue to the ACC until 2036. It’s all posturing for unequal revenue sharing. They cannot leave the ACC.

Why? Are you a committee bootlicker? FSU is a great underdog story at this point.

Reactions: johnmpsu
Well, there is that minor issue of turning over their revenue to the ACC until 2036. It’s all posturing for unequal revenue sharing. They cannot leave the ACC.

Right. Nothing has changed and the GOR still exists. It feels like the current strategy is just to be so annoying to the ACC that maybe the conference will willingly let FSU go? I don't see how that could work but it's probably has as much potential as any other kooky scheme.

Why? Are you a committee bootlicker? FSU is a great underdog story at this point.
I agree with you that FSU deserved to get in to the CFPI. The monies to be awarded for the broadcast rights for the playoff invitational have been determined and are fixed. The monies earned through the actual broadcasts are to be determined.

If Bama or Texas are involved negatively in the blowout that they were concerned FSU was going to provide, then more second guessing and rage will be forthcoming. It is the last year of this 4 team invitational playoff system so that they were not concerned of any 'precedent' being set.

How much revenue does the CFPI generate.

Reactions: Pocky
I want to see FSU win and make the committee look like a bunch of incompetent, greedy, gutless bureaucrats that they are.
Good luck with that given all of the FSU opt outs.

I'm sure many of these are opting out given the disappointment of not making the playoff but I have to believe that some of them might have opted out even if they were in the playoff given the fact that they'd be without a starting QB. Maybe not, but let's not pretend that it couldn't have happened.

And this FSU team isn't close that that TCU team who lost by about 60 the following week.
FSU beat a good LSU team by 3 TD’s and went undefeated. You act like they’re a D2 school or something.

They will get handled by Georgia, no doubt, but the eye test logic that eliminated FSU should apply to have Georgia and OsU included in the playoff, eliminating TX and Washington.

We are aligned in UM hate though, and I do want the hardest path for them.

What’s a mere $572 million in the big scheme? I can’t believe they authorized the lawsuit to go ahead.

FSU beat a good LSU team by 3 TD’s and went undefeated. You act like they’re a D2 school or something.

They will get handled by Georgia, no doubt, but the eye test logic that eliminated FSU should apply to have Georgia and OsU included in the playoff, eliminating TX and Washington.

Some team had to be sacrificed so that the SEC was represented. Texas beat Alabama so they could not be sacrificed. Three deserving teams, but only two spots, so FSU got screwed.

that's a fair criticism. How does TCU do in that game without it's starting QB? We'll never know I guess.

Not sure I understand the question. If FSU had their starting QB in place, they'd probably be a slight underdog but considered relatively even with Michigan.

It's only because FSU doesn't have their starting QB that people are suggesting they wouldn't have a shot against Michigan - which is exactly what people said last season about TCU. So, the same principle applies for 2022 TCU as well as 2023 QB-less FSU - let them prove it on the field.

More specifically, FSU actually has a very good defense, so it's not that crazy to think they could keep the overall score low enough to potentially win against Michigan.

What’s a mere $572 million in the big scheme? I can’t believe they authorized the lawsuit to go ahead.
They have acted like the petulant child since the summer. Nobody forced them at gunpoint to sign the GOR. I am not sure they are ever a candidate to join the SEC as Florida would fight like hell to stop it from happening and it is not new territory for the conference. I am sure the B1G would welcome them but I am not sure they get into the B1G without a partner down south.

FSU beat LSU early in the season with Travis. They're not thr same team.
I'd fully support Georgia and Ohio State being in. There's two legit conferences currently and that will be even more apparent next gear.
Yes, I want Bama to win by 30

Not sure I understand the question. If FSU had their starting QB in place, they'd probably be a slight underdog but considered relatively even with Michigan.

It's only because FSU doesn't have their starting QB that people are suggesting they wouldn't have a shot against Michigan - which is exactly what people said last season about TCU. So, the same principle applies for 2022 TCU as well as 2023 QB-less FSU - let them prove it on the field.

More specifically, FSU actually has a very good defense, so it's not that crazy to think they could keep the overall score low enough to potentially win against Michigan.
Michigan-FSU would be a repeat of Michigan-Iowa

Hopefully it goes well for them
The sooner they leave the sooner ND has no option but to do something
ND extended the deal with NBC to 2029. Currently they get $22 million a year. Undisclosed what this new extension pays them. They want to stay independent but I don't see them getting the $60 million that the B10 schools are getting.

ND extended the deal with NBC to 2029. Currently they get $22 million a year. Undisclosed what this new extension pays them. They want to stay independent but I don't see them getting the $60 million that the B10 schools are getting.
Yeah I don't see that either. Their bigger concern might be making a revised playoff

Is the $22MM for just football? If so, they are probably getting some big $s for b-ball.

True. I think the top 4 teams, those with the most talented players and most able to perform at a high level, are Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State.

Appreciate the support for my Noles here, hoping we will be BIG10 rivals soon. What a dream that would be. College football has gotten so crazy. I grew up just down the street from Cael S. and love PSU wrestling.

You’re welcome here anytime. I always liked my trips down to Tallahassee for games. Even caught an FSU vs Miami game in the old Orange Bowl years ago. That was a fun game in the stands as much as on the field.

What do you hear from the FSU folks? From what I’ve seen it seems like most at FSU want to join the SEC. Makes sense from a regional travel/ rivalry point but I’d love to see FSU in the Big Ten.

And many were expecting Michigan to roll TCU last year. Explain that one to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT