ADVERTISEMENT

What are you binge watching?

People keep saying Schitts Creek gets better as the series moves on. I guess I'll keep trudging through it until it does. I'm into season 2 and I have no idea how it even got to season 2.

People keep saying Schitts Creek gets better as the series moves on. I guess I'll keep trudging through it until it doe
The last season is a fascinating review of a maturing family struggling to balance their personal growth, family commitment and community commitment. Kids grow up, get opportunities, and have to make decisions. The family grows from the wealthy entitled family that is more invested in assets than family and community. They grow to love family and community. Their family extends. Then they have decisions to make.

I just started Red Oaks on amazon prime last night. A comedy-drama based in the 80's about a college kid working at a country club. Two episodes in and I really like it so far.

Reactions: Hero17
Season 3 of Goliath was a nice rebound from season 2. Season 4 is due out hopefully by the fall

Good 1st season, but in the 2nd....H.R. Pufnstuf..... will never be the same again.
Season 3 of Goliath was a nice rebound from season 2. Season 4 is due out hopefully by the fall
Yeah, “Bosch” is much, much better. The problem with Goliath is that BBT’s character really starts to grate on you. You want to punch him out.

Bosch got really tired really fast for me. All the actors just going through the motions. Not a bad show, just, stale with cookie cutter crime book plots.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim
BTW, I watched "Let Him Go" with Kevin Costner and Diane Lane.

Decent movie. Diane Lane is the star with the "bad guy" being played by Blanch Weboy. Its kind of the new movie genre where the woman are the strong people. It is played in 1964 as grandparents try to get rights to help take care of their grandson. today, grandparents really have zero rights if the parents don't want them to see the grandchildren. It is very sad.

Regardless, Lane plays a 50-something woman who grows up on a ranch with Costner, her husband. If you are a Lane fan, her acting is good but if you are looking to gawk at her, this isn't your movie. In addition, you really have to wonder about the choices the characters make and their legality (or lack thereof). there are some holes in the script and linear thinking.

In the end, it is kind of a worn-out formula given all of the movies about kids being kidnapped and held for ransom while some dude goes off on them. But with the shortage of good content coming out of Hollywood, it is worth the $5.99. out of 4 stars I give it a 2.3.

Last edited:
I can’t find confirmation of this anywhere.

I am trying to find what I saw on one of the social media platforms. I hope I didn't see that Season 5 goes to netflix on Monday but thats always possible. I will keep looking today because as you said, a simple search shows nothing.

I am trying to find what I saw on one of the social media platforms. I hope I didn't see that Season 5 goes to netflix on Monday but thats always possible. I will keep looking today because as you said, a simple search shows nothing.

I think you saw the 2020 premier date. When I searched I saw the same thing and the date is Feb. 23. So thats probably what happened.
I haven't seen a date yet for its return and I thought I remember reading that it would be mid2021 at best.

I think you saw the 2020 premier date. When I searched I saw the same thing and the date is Feb. 23. So thats probably what happened.
I haven't seen a date yet for its return and I thought I remember reading that it would be mid2021 at best.

Possibly, It was all over my FB so I assumed it was the new season.......

I can’t find confirmation of this anywhere.

Me either. I remember reading that, like everything else, filming was delayed in 2020 and that it might premier by mid2021. 🤷‍♂️
In other "binge" watching news I was very, very disappointed in the new version of The Stand.
I know both King and his son/s had were involved with the reboot but much like George Lucas they should
have let great stay great and not muck it up.

Netflix putting up BCS Season 5 would be an indicator that Season 6 is about to drop on AMC.

Found it.....it was on the Better call saul Fan Club Page on Facebook. It has a picture of Saul walking across the street with a bottom tag of returns February 15. Monday 10/9C. I then looked and their are no comments (in english) on the picture.

After looking or trying to look things up and not finding anything I wonder if this is just wishful thinking. Surely more outlets would have picked it up.

I am going to go with a no, because as you said, can't find it anywhere else.

It can’t be binged watched yet but was curious if anyone has checked out “Wanda Vision” so far?

my 11 year old son loves the marvel stuff so was wondering if something we can watch together?

It can’t be binged watched yet but was curious if anyone has checked out “Wanda Vision” so far?

my 11 year old son loves the marvel stuff so was wondering if something we can watch together?

I'm about 4-5 episodes into it and I haven't found anything that, IMO, would be objectionable for your son. Its pretty much typical Marvel stuff.

I absolutely hated the first episode, but I am glad I stuck with it. It definitely gets better as the season progresses. You can watch it with your 11 year old, but he may lose interest after the first few episodes.

Reactions: BBrown
Bosch got really tired really fast for me. All the actors just going through the motions. Not a bad show, just, stale with cookie cutter crime book plots.

Bosch was awful to me. Last I saw the actor he had a two bit one scene appearance in the Mandolorian. Not exactly a stellar follow up

I absolutely hated the first episode, but I am glad I stuck with it. It definitely gets better as the season progresses. You can watch it with your 11 year old, but he may lose interest after the first few episodes.

Yea it does take some work. And being that he's only 11 he probably wont get the retro (Bewitched) feel to it that kept me interested in it till it took off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT