ADVERTISEMENT

What are you binge watching?

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
My wife and finished up the Soprano's last month on HBO go. Now staying in place, we just finished Ozarks on Netflix, which I highly recommend, and prior to that, Hunters on Amazon (another good one).

We tried one of those Game of Thrones / Vikings rip offs..... that didn't work, then there was this show set in England about some somewhat attractive gal and her misadventures. That didn't work either. So much so, I don't even know the name. It was on Amazon.

We have at least 8 more days..........

DCI Banks on Netflix

The Repair Shop
This show is amazing showing the skills of a bunch of British craftsmen fixing all sorts of family heirlooms.

It’s also on Netflix. These folks fix things for free just because they love to do the work and have respect for items which mean a lot to their clients. Watch one show and you will be hooked.

Last edited:
Big Little Lies if you still have HBO - 2 seasons (Also, Divorce on HBO)
Red Oaks on Prime. Also a fan of Jack Ryan, but Hunters not so much
I liked Casual on Hulu

I watched 2 or 3 episodes of The Ranch - not sure if I will keep going, the laugh track 2 minutes into it almost killed it, but then there was a great Tom Brady/UGG joke

Reactions: crd5333
We just finished 9 seasons of Doc Martin. It's not something I would have initially opted for it, but my wife likes British shows, so I agreed to give it a try. It kind of milks its central themes for every ounce of viability, but it was very entertaining. Now we have to wait around until season 10 is filmed and released. (And being 9 seasons long, with each episode taking @ 45 minutes, it did take a chunk of time to watch all 9 seasons.)

My wife and finished up the Soprano's last month on HBO go. Now staying in place, we just finished Ozarks on Netflix, which I highly recommend, and prior to that, Hunters on Amazon (another good one).

We tried one of those Game of Thrones / Vikings rip offs..... that didn't work, then there was this show set in England about some somewhat attractive gal and her misadventures. That didn't work either. So much so, I don't even know the name. It was on Amazon.

We have at least 8 more days..........

HBO was free over the weekend so I binged The Outsider and The Watchmen
On Netflix its Locke and Key

Watching Homeland...I watched season one back when I had Showtime, now it’s on Hulu.

I also just finished Casual on Hulu...pretty good....was mentioned in another post.

Reactions: NittanyBuff24
I watch Billions. Won’t watch Curb
why no "curb?" Just curious, people like and dislike all kinds of shows. I hate Marvell cartoony movies, zombies and game of thrones. I get others love it..no accounting for taste.

Reactions: wentzel25
Bosch is horrible. Fifteen minutes of dialogue compressed into one hour. You get Bosch driving, Bosch walking and Bosch grunting and giving grown up looks. Just my opinion and I know others like it
Well your opinion would be wrong, :) Bosch is great, great story lines, scenery, etc.. Anybody that hasn't seen it, is missing out..

Last edited:
Never realized our internet tycoon had his own show.
c2f3b8d50bb6c6ad570acdcf587bf2fa.jpg

Watching Homeland, final season, one of the best series I've ever seen. Anxious for start of Billions as well, Better call Saul is getting really good.. Is there anything on Hulu that compares to these shows? I liked that show with Hugh Laurie "Chance", other than that I haven't found anything to get into..

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but Outer Banks on Netflix.
Think 90210 meets Scooby Doo. Yah, it's that bad. So bad, in fact, it's good.

I was wondering about that. As a former frequent visitor to Avon, NC, it caught my interest. I did catch the preview. 3 types of people on the Outer Banks......

Reactions: Hotshoe
Watched Ozarks the week this all started with the wife then went to Breaking Bad, now on Dexter...the latter 2 watched already B.B. once a year cuz its that good :) Dexter have not watched in few years...

My wife loves Breaking Bad. I tried to catch up, but never got past the middle of the first year with the Blue Meth and grandpa shitting himself on purpose at the FBI... That might be a winner. A known entity.

Reactions: ftlpsu
Suits. Never saw it while it was running but I am pretty hooked on it. Free through amazon prime the only bad thing is it is 10 seasons. I just got to season 5 last night.

Reactions: Rollin Stone
I’m almost done watching Arrested Development. It looked like a show I really would like when it came out but life was not right at that time for getting into a show. It’s so ridiculous. No attempt at being anything other than ridiculous.

I was wondering about that. As a former frequent visitor to Avon, NC, it caught my interest. I did catch the preview. 3 types of people on the Outer Banks......
The funny thing is, they don’t reference any real OBX places. They mention Masonboro and Figure 8, which bookend Wrightsville Beach. Doesn’t surprise me though as the show was suppose to be shot in Wilmington, but they left NC for SC due to the bathroom law or some stupid reason.

Watching Homeland, final season, one of the best series I've ever seen. Anxious for start of Billions as well, Better call Saul is getting really good.. Is there anything on Hulu that compares to these shows? I liked that show with Hugh Laurie "Chance", other than that I haven't found anything to get into..
I am fascinated about how the final episode will go. How will Saul and Carrie end? An amazing series from the start

Mrs delcoLion is doing the binge watching. 90 Day fiancee, Homeland, various Netflix, PBS, and others.

I'm trying to teach myself some basic woodworking and also re-learning Algebra. I keep reading that old codgers like me should do these things to keep our memory sharp. I doubt it will help too much but I've always been embarrassed by my math skills so I'm trying to improve. (2 brothers were ace math students, one has a masters and the other was advised to pursue a graduate track but stayed with mech engineering.)

Reactions: brupsu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT