ADVERTISEMENT

What are you binge watching?

We are watching the Circus, starting back at the 2016 primary. It’s amazing how some predictions have come true.

Yeah, they probably could have dialed back the gore. One of the most uncensored true crime docs I’ve ever seen

Just watched it last night, didn’t think the gore was too bad since they put tape over the worst parts. Perhaps I’ve just seen too much before. Thought the series was good, glad they kept it to 4 episodes instead of dragging it to 6-10 like many of these do.

Just finished Atypical - very good. Recently did The Good Place; Schitt’s Creek, Kim’s Convenience, and Queens Gambit. All worthwhile. Just started West World. In general I’ve found that IMDB ratings of 8 and above usually are well done.

I’ve watched it cover to cover 3 times now. I think it’s the best ever, ahead of Breaking Bad and The Sopranos

+1. There are a couple of seasons that I think are just incredible, the one with the balto. school system, was life imitating art.
Not to mention that all of the actors and actresses were just flat out great.
There is another limited series called "the corner" written by the same guy that pretty good as well and has some of the same actors, Clark Peters being one of them.

+1. There are a couple of seasons that I think are just incredible, the one with the balto. school system, was life imitating art.
Not to mention that all of the actors and actresses were just flat out great.
There is another limited series called "the corner" written by the same guy that pretty good as well and has some of the same actors, Clark Peters being one of them.
Yes the corner is good as well. I’ve just finished season six of Bosch. Very good but not The Wire good. The actor that plays Marlo is a cop in Bosch. Very good actor but he was so good in the wire it took me a little time to deprogram myself and accept him as a detective

We just started Peaky Blinders, so far I’m hooked. I love the 1920-30’s time period.

I’d fit in The Netflix Docs “Don’t f*ck with cats” and “evil genius” for a change of pace. They are both fascinating and evil genius is based in Erie. Truth really is stranger than fiction.
Any one watch the series `RIPPER STREET`. I thought the series was great, sorry I'm finished with the series.

"Jack the Ripper was a serial killer who butchered a number of women in and around the Whitechapel District of London in 1888. This drama begins about six months after the final murder, with now-peaceful East London hoping that the reign of terror is over. Among the hopeful are members of H Division, the police precinct tasked with keeping order in the district, including Detective Inspector Edmund Reid, a forward-thinking detective haunted by a past mistake that ended in tragedy. While trying to keep order in the chaotic streets of Whitechapel, Reid is soon drawn into the seedy criminal underworld of Victorian London, where each new murder elicits fear that the Ripper may be back."

Yes the corner is good as well. I’ve just finished season six of Bosch. Very good but not The Wire good. The actor that plays Marlo is a cop in Bosch. Very good actor but he was so good in the wire it took me a little time to deprogram myself and accept him as a detective

Bosch is an entertaining, but mediocre cliche attempt at adapting crime books to TV. The Wire is the most true to life crime show ever made.

Just finally got around to watching last season and a half of Vikings. We recently watched all of Schitt$ Creek. I am sure there is more since last March, but cannot think of them right now.

Just started 30 coins on HBOmax. Basic premise is the hunt for the 30 coins Judas was paid to betray Jesus and the power one would have if they had those coins.

only issue with this series is it’s not actually “binge watching” since they release a new episode every Monday. We were able to watch the first 3 and now are on a week to week schedule. Might let them build up after watching this 4th episode.

The 20’s & 30’s were the Roaring 20’s, depression, Italian and Irish mobs, and prohibition. It seems to me that Peaky Blinders was set in the late 19 Century and early 20th.
Peaks Blinders is set in Birmingham, England from 1919-1924.

Reactions: Midnighter2
My wife and finished up the Soprano's last month on HBO go. Now staying in place, we just finished Ozarks on Netflix, which I highly recommend, and prior to that, Hunters on Amazon (another good one).

We tried one of those Game of Thrones / Vikings rip offs..... that didn't work, then there was this show set in England about some somewhat attractive gal and her misadventures. That didn't work either. So much so, I don't even know the name. It was on Amazon.

We have at least 8 more days..........
Watch Kath & Kell on Netflix. Really smart, funny show.

Reactions: m.knox
IMG-2432.jpg

IMG-2445.jpg

IMG-2444.jpg

This is what I was binge watching a few weeks ago down in Miami during a break from my masters program. Figured that if I'm going to binge watch something its going to be live and from a place that's warm and sunny. ;)

Last edited:
Just started 30 coins on HBOmax. Basic premise is the hunt for the 30 coins Judas was paid to betray Jesus and the power one would have if they had those coins.

only issue with this series is it’s not actually “binge watching” since they release a new episode every Monday. We were able to watch the first 3 and now are on a week to week schedule. Might let them build up after watching this 4th episode.

I can only get 30 Coins with subtitles. Is that your experience too?

Reactions: jmorovich
I can only get 30 Coins with subtitles. Is that your experience too?

Yes. That is the only way I have been able to watch it. The issue I find when I first start watching is the Spanish language is spoken so fast that it can be tough to watch and read. After about 5 minutes my brain can pick up the speed but when there’s a lot of back and forth it can be challenging.

I like this and also Manhunt: Unabomber

Both were really well done, IMO.

Also, The Expanse on Amazon is worth a look. Probably the best Sci Fi series around currently.
Yes, just finished the first season of The Expanse. Superb production values, good acting (Thomas Jane being the one name actor). More than anything else, it's a mystery story, I think. It's well worth the effort; my wife isn't normally into Sci-Fi but she's into this.

Reactions: Zenophile
Yes. That is the only way I have been able to watch it. The issue I find when I first start watching is the Spanish language is spoken so fast that it can be tough to watch and read. After about 5 minutes my brain can pick up the speed but when there’s a lot of back and forth it can be challenging.
Yes, I have the same problem. I can't keep up with the closed caption and it's a shame. I want to watch it.

Yes, just finished the first season of The Expanse. Superb production values, good acting (Thomas Jane being the one name actor). More than anything else, it's a mystery story, I think. It's well worth the effort; my wife isn't normally into Sci-Fi but she's into this.

The production approach changes in season 4 when Amazon took over, but the quality of the show is the same.

Reactions: Zenophile
SIAP, but has anyone tried Lupin on Netflix yet? It looks intriguing, but it will be dubbed from French or have subtitles. I'm hearing good buzz about it, but not from anyone I trust yet.

SIAP, but has anyone tried Lupin on Netflix yet? It looks intriguing, but it will be dubbed from French or have subtitles. I'm hearing good buzz about it, but not from anyone I trust yet.

The first episode was solid. It is dubbed in English and the voiceover is not too annoying.

Reactions: Woodpecker
ADVERTISEMENT