ADVERTISEMENT

What are you binge watching?

...finished Black Sails...who doesn’t like a pirate’s life?...
...then Damages... another great performance by Glenn Close - the bad ass attorney you love to hate..
...the Imposters was an interesting story about a crafty team of con artists...
...am currently working through Power - an older series Re: a drug dealer (married with kids) in NYC who gets rid of all opposition while actively seducing his high school girlfriend (from 17 yrs ago) who is a fairly hot FBI agent....

Reactions: hilrick and BBrown
...then Damages... another great performance by Glenn Close - the bad ass attorney you love to hate..
...am currently working through Power - an older series Re: a drug dealer (married with kids) in NYC who gets rid of all opposition while actively seducing his high school girlfriend (from 17 yrs ago) who is a fairly hot FBI agent....

I liked both Black Sails and Damages. Glenn Close is so good.
Imposters sounds interesting.
Power was pretty good. If I was a casting director Omari Hardwick would be my first choice to play Green Lantern, John Stewart.

Yea it does take some work. And being that he's only 11 he probably wont get the retro (Bewitched) feel to it that kept me interested in it till it took off.
My 12 year old daughter who really likes the Marvel movies bailed after the first episode and isn't going back.

Reactions: BBrown
I liked Imposters but I guess it's done after 2 seasons. I would have liked more.

I started Peaky Blinders again. I tried it a couple years ago and for whatever reason couldn't get into it. This time I got right into it.

It's amazing. Always a big payoff in the season finales. They're currently filming S6; I think they want to do 8 total. The turnaround on them is pretty quick too. Get a glass of Irish whiskey (Tommy never drinks Scotch) and enjoy...

ATUiw2B.gif

Reactions: wbcincy and Ian
Anybody else watching Fauda on Netflix? The wife and I are almost through season 1 and really enjoying it.

Interesting depiction of both sides of the Israel - Palestine conflict

(lots of sub- titles though)
I like it through season 2, it does give you a great depiction from both sides. Revenge is brutal there.

I like it through season 2, it does give you a great depiction from both sides. Revenge is brutal there.
It’s an extremely vicious cycle with no end in sight. Makes you wonder why anyone would want to live in that kind of daily conflict.

Boy, so disagree.
That's fine. There is obviously a market for it. I just don't enjoy it. I've been to NBA games and spent more time watching the crowd/drinking than I did watching the game (kind of like a baseball game).

I watched every PSU and every UNC game on TV and (pre-covid) play basketball twice a week.

I just think the NBA is trash.

Funny I stopped watching ncaa completely but won’t miss a single March madness game. Fun you’re still running hoops!
Haven't been able to hoop for almost a year (due to covid) and definitely miss it. Still able to play tennis and working out a fair bit, but will be tough to get back into basketball shape. In my experience, the only way to be in shape for basketball is to play basketball. Related anecdote (perhaps only funny to me): years back (I was probably in my 30s), I went to some outdoor courts to play picked ball with a friend of mine who is my age and was very into running marathons. There is no doubt he was in better shape than I was. We used to play ball together all the time but he hadn't played in years, but I was playing once or twice a week. After one game, he was completely gassed and wanted to quit and I was fine.

Just an FYI..... Yellowstone Marathon on the Paramount network right now. Currently showing Season 1 episode 2

Reactions: wbcincy
We just started Peaky Blinders, so far I’m hooked. I love the 1920-30’s time period.

I’d fit in The Netflix Docs “Don’t f*ck with cats” and “evil genius” for a change of pace. They are both fascinating and evil genius is based in Erie. Truth really is stranger than fiction.
Peaky Blinders......like Sons of Anarchy ......you better have a full bottle of booze and a pack of darts so you can participate in each episode.......

Reactions: Midnighter2
Just watched Firefly Lane. 200% Chick buddy show. 10 episodes around 45 minutes each. That said I watched all 10 w my wife, she seemed to like it
The show is about 2 girls who are best friends, Tully and Kate. Tully is played by Catherine Heigel (sp) who becomes famous on TV along the lines of Ellen. Her show is the girlfriend experience. The other girl lives a normal life. Anyway they tell the story flashing around at different stages of life etc. around episode 6 they flash forward 2 yrs to a funeral. Now ever episode they tease to this funeral.
Spoiler maybe
We stayed up to 130 am watching this, about everything gets wrapped up but 1 thing!! I mean GD! I said up to 130 just to see what happens and they don’t show it!??
Now I have to watch season 2!!!

Reactions: Hotshoe
Into the third episode of Billions. Excellent show of hate and greed. Lol

Yes, just finished the first season of The Expanse. Superb production values, good acting (Thomas Jane being the one name actor). More than anything else, it's a mystery story, I think. It's well worth the effort; my wife isn't normally into Sci-Fi but she's into this.
Same. IMHO it cannot be overstated how fantastic The Expanse on Amazon Prime is.

Season 5 of the Expanse wasn't so great. Just disjointed and drawn out. Season 6 is the last, so hopefully they can ramp up again.

Not sure if I've mentioned this one earlier, but I binged Succession earlier this year, enjoyed it a fair amount.

I did a Breaking Bad rewatch in the past year, and am on season 2 of my second run through the Wire, its been nearly a decade since I watched it when it was on.

Reactions: Lionguy32
Anyone watching Wayne on Amazon? It’s from the writers of Deadpool. From the preview, it looks like it has potential to be pretty good if you can get over the god awful Boston accents. Think I‘m going to start it after I finish Red Oaks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT