ADVERTISEMENT

We're spoiled by #26

There are what appear to be a lot of weapons on this team. We have a proven QB who is among the best in CFB. We have some very talented WR"s and arguably the best receiving TE im the nation. Our OL is stocked with some of the best recruits now and made a huge improvement last season. We have possibly the hottest OC in CFB.
So it's time for people to step up and take some of the load off of #26. If that happens, we will be a better team and #26 will be more productive when he gets touches.

What if....he stuck with Rutgers. Obviously wouldn't have been a good choice for him but makes you wonder where they and we would be?

Reactions: 83wuzme
Penn State needs a reliable guy to spell 26 as a runner. It remains to be seen who that proves to be. Barkley can't do everything, every down. It's been shown that PS is not going to try to force feed him the ball.
Andre Robinson fits the bill as a backup RB and usually produces when given the opportunity. It's just that there are few opportunities. I expect Andre to get a lot of work next year. IIRC, he'll be a RS junior.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
There are what appear to be a lot of weapons on this team. We have a proven QB who is among the best in CFB. We have some very talented WR"s and arguably the best receiving TE im the nation. Our OL is stocked with some of the best recruits now and made a huge improvement last season. We have possibly the hottest OC in CFB.
So it's time for people to step up and take some of the load off of #26. If that happens, we will be a better team and #26 will be more productive when he gets touches.

#13. He will step up as soon as he's given more playing time and targeted, and when he does, it will make this offense even better.

Personally , I think the Oline has a ways to go. Barkley does what he does despite the Oline. The pass blocking has gotten better but the run blocking , not so much. I wonder what Barkley would look like behind some of those Wisconsin Olines from years past. That's a scary thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT