ADVERTISEMENT

Weitzel article: Claims NCAA revealed findings but not tying it back to Harbaugh.

One of the requirements is showing (in the motion for an injunction) "actual harm." There is no actual harm from a staff suspension or probation.

They would also have to show that the B1G Conference/Commissioner are acting outside their Member-Granted "Limits of Authority", which they clearly are not. scUM has virtually no chance of getting an injunction.

All b1g schools are NCAA Members dipshit and allowing your program to wantonly violate NCAA Rules (i.e., cheating) undermines the integrity of the game and is a violation of the Sportsmanship Clauses. So again, you're full of shit - Hairball doesn't have a leg to stand on just like he didn't when he and his assistants chose to lie to the NCAA.
just trying to figure out if you're referencing the ncaa investigation, which is in it's infancy, or the big ten investigation, which hasn't even begun..unlike what's in your fantasy world, in reality facts matter

don't need to be a lawyer to understand the concept of judge shopping...you find a judge who is likely to greenlight an injunction(wink,wink)...i mean, are you guys really this poorly informed on judge shopping?...been going on for decades

don't need to be a lawyer to understand the concept of judge shopping...you find a judge who is likely to greenlight an injunction(wink,wink)...i mean, are you guys really this poorly informed on judge shopping?...been going on for decades
You Walmart Michigan guys are really something. Now you admit if you can’t get an injunction on the merits, you fully support subverting the Legal system to protect your dirty coach and program.

You Walmart Michigan guys are really something. Now you admit if you can’t get an injunction on the merits, you fully support subverting the Legal system to protect your dirty coach and program.
That's what a good attorney does--they find the judge that gives them what they want.

Reactions: bluehair666
"Harm" vs "actual harm" are two different things.

Doesn't make it right or just.
never said it did, but you seem intent on living in a perfect world that doesn't exist...i've only stated what i think will happen based on reality, not the utopian fantasy that you aspire to

Again--not about right or wrong
Yes, Michigan can argue "actual harm" is occurring to them to get an injunction.
Are you an attorney?
On what basis can they claim actual harm? Obviously depends somewhat on punishment, but let's say Harbaugh is indefinitely suspended.

On what basis can they claim actual harm? Obviously depends somewhat on punishment, but let's say Harbaugh is indefinitely suspended.
With pay? It would difficult but anything else that people generally would like to see happen (including me) will be a different story.

UM should have to forfeit all B1G wins where evidence proves they were in person scouting and recording B1G opponents signals for a game played later that season.

• Haha
That's what a good attorney does--they find the judge that gives them what they want.
Thanks for the information, I didn’t know that. And to think I only practiced Law for 38 years.

Getting an injunction in this instance or many others has absolutely no bearing on what you term a “good attorney”. It merely requires that one has passed the Bar Exam, is in good standing, and is able to find the appropriate judges chamber with the proper paperwork.

I would imagine that any attorney on retainer with UM (either proficient or not) who has between 6 months and 40 years of experience could ascertain the gravity of an initial unfavorable ruling, if it occurs, and know where to find a friendly judge to issue a TRO. This is not a difficult talent to acquire.

The “good attorneys” in this situation are the ones who were able to convince Stalions (an obvious braggart) and others to keep their mouths shut and not further open Pandora’s Box.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Great article.

What I question is the notion that Hairball knew or didn't know. Who cares? If he didn't know, which is highly unlikely, he should have known. His DC clearly did. And secondly, the damage was done to other schools. The suspension should be against MICHIGAN, not Hairball specifically. If that is a suspension, so be it. But that is simply a penalty to the university.

Secondly, at NW, the coach was fired even though their investigation showed the coach didn't know about the hazing. I know that is NW and not Michigan, but the "I didn't know" issue wasn't considered an excuse.

Lastly, I found this interesting:

Any Big Ten penalty will be rooted in the conference’s sportsmanship policy, which allows for the commissioner to hand down disciplinary measures for violating the “integrity of competition” in the “competitive arena,” the policy says.​
According to the policy, the commissioner can take disciplinary action that is considered “standard” or “major.” Standard action includes a fine not exceeding $10,000 and a suspension of no more than two contests. Major action is anything exceeding those penalties and is subject to approval from the Big Ten executive board of presidents.​
Any school targeted for a violation of the sportsmanship policy is permitted a “reasonable timeframe” set by the commissioner to file a response with the league. The conference is believed to have given Michigan a deadline of mid-week to file a response before action is taken.​
That would seem to cut off any relief from a legal court action. They've consented to give the B1G and NCAA complete discretion on disciplinary measures relating to the integrity of the competition.
I agree with you. In a lot of ways it doesn't matter what harbaugh knew. The Michigan football team benefited from the cheating irrespective of what harbaugh knew. Although, I find it hard to believe that he had no idea how this savant was able to decipher signals from opposing teams at a very high level.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Thanks for the information, I didn’t know that. And to think I only practiced Law for 38 years.

Getting an injunction in this instance or many others has absolutely no bearing on what you term a “good attorney”. It merely requires that one has passed the Bar Exam, is in good standing, and is able to find the appropriate judges chamber with the proper paperwork.

I would imagine that any attorney on retainer with UM (either proficient or not) who has between 6 months and 40 years of experience could ascertain the gravity of an initial unfavorable ruling, if it occurs, and know where to find a friendly judge to issue a TRO. This is not a difficult talent to acquire.

The “good attorneys” in this situation are the ones who were able to convince Stalions (an obvious braggart) and others to keep their mouths shut and not further open Pandora’s Box.

If you practiced law for 38 years you've likely met attorneys that couldn't do that

• Haha
You tell me that the NCAA "followed the money" already in their Investigation. The number of scouts sent to the those games, air fares, tickets, salaries, etc. Where did this money come from??? No one is asking and the NCAA is doing a thorough investigation???

I agree with you. In a lot of ways it doesn't matter what harbaugh knew. The Michigan football team benefited from the cheating irrespective of what harbaugh knew. Although, I find it hard to believe that he had no idea how this savant was able to decipher signals from opposing teams at a very high level.
Agreed. I can see them not disciplining Hairball but then they have to discipline the team and/or UM in general. If I am UM, I throw Hairball under the bus (like NW did to Fitz) to retain this season's opportunity. But, overall, they'll just try to delay to hope to get through this year and leave next year to next year.

new Wetzel article

"The Michigan sign-stealing controversy has taken a new turn, and now three other Big Ten schools have found themselves in the spotlight alongside the Wolverines.

‌At Michigan, Connor Stalions allegedly ran a smash-and-grab sign-stealing operation. Ohio State, Rutgers and Purdue, meanwhile, were reportedly operating the equivalent of a criminal conspiracy. It was pure white-collar stuff.

In the end, they both stole, or participated in the stealing of, the same thing — information on opponents' play signals in an effort to secure an advantage.

It's just that one was a ski mask bank robbery. The other was an inside job, cleanly wiring the money to the Caribbean.

Forget all the noise. Forget the grandstanding coaches screaming for Jim Harbaugh’s head. Forget if Michigan deserves all the scorn.

Forget even what or when the punishments should be.

Whatever it is, just make it even, because the actions of Connor Stalions and the actions that Ohio State, Rutgers and Purdue allegedly engaged in are the exact same thing.

Yes, the exact same thing. "

• Haha
Reactions: Yanks49
new Wetzel article

"The Michigan sign-stealing controversy has taken a new turn, and now three other Big Ten schools have found themselves in the spotlight alongside the Wolverines.

‌At Michigan, Connor Stalions allegedly ran a smash-and-grab sign-stealing operation. Ohio State, Rutgers and Purdue, meanwhile, were reportedly operating the equivalent of a criminal conspiracy. It was pure white-collar stuff.

In the end, they both stole, or participated in the stealing of, the same thing — information on opponents' play signals in an effort to secure an advantage.

It's just that one was a ski mask bank robbery. The other was an inside job, cleanly wiring the money to the Caribbean.

Forget all the noise. Forget the grandstanding coaches screaming for Jim Harbaugh’s head. Forget if Michigan deserves all the scorn.

Forget even what or when the punishments should be.

Whatever it is, just make it even, because the actions of Connor Stalions and the actions that Ohio State, Rutgers and Purdue allegedly engaged in are the exact same thing.

Yes, the exact same thing. "
Wetzel is so stupid that his article describes different procedures and calls them exactly the same thing. There's no allegation that the Ohio State and Rutgers programs violated the rules by doing advanced in person scouting and filming the sidelines of opposing teams.

Wetzel is so stupid that is article describes different procedures and calls them exactly the same thing. There's no allegation that the Ohio State and Rutgers programs violated the rules by doing advanced in person scouting and filming the sidelines of opposing teams.

As far as breaking the Big Ten's "sportsmanship" rule, they are exactly the same.

As far as breaking the Big Ten's "sportsmanship" rule, they are exactly the same.

Coaches sharing information among each other is not a sportsmanship violation. Even if it was it would be a way lower violation than the well-organized and extensive Michigan cheating scheme, which involved rule breaking for 30 games.

Coaches sharing information among each other is not a sportsmanship violation. Even if it was it would be a way lower violation than the well-organized and extensive Michigan cheating scheme, which involved rule breaking for 30 games.

In game scouting (the same as Stalions at CMU), & video taken directly from the field (not from the stands). And decoded by multiple Big Ten staffs.

Which information is more beneficial?

I can see maybe Harbaugh taking a one game suspension for Maryland. Other than that, you will have to wait for the NCAA to do Ryan Day's dirtywork.

In game scouting (the same as Stalions at CMU), & video taken directly from the field (not from the stands). And decoded by multiple Big Ten staffs.

I can see maybe Harbaugh taking a one game suspension for Maryland. Other than that, you will have to wait for the NCAA to do Ryan Day's dirtywork.
According to the coaches surveyed the Athletic, the Michigan cheating information was much more beneficial. Also, we have evidence from both the TCU and Bowling Green games as to how effective Michigan's cheating was because Michigan was much less effective when it wasn't able to steal signs by breaking the rules.

Is there any allegation that the information that Day allegedly provided is incorrect? Harbaugh and his players have been sticking their fingers into the eyes of the OSU program. You reap what you sow.
Michigan fans right now as they desperately flail about:

snl-nathan-thurm.gif

It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with which is more beneficial.

It has to do with which is against the rules.

If rules were broken, especially in attempt to gain an on the field advantage, that's a big deal and deserves immediate consequences. That goes for Purdue/OSU/Rutgers as well.

If rules were broken, especially in attempt to gain an on the field advantage, that's a big deal and deserves immediate consequences. That goes for Purdue/OSU/Rutgers as well.
Also, in person observations of the skills and competitiveness of players may be very beneficial. For instance, Greg Schiano has every right to call Ryan Day and ask him (based on in game observations) whether X player is really as quick (or slow as he appears on tape) and any other peculiarities he noticed about X player.

Every time an offensive lineman holds, that is a rule broken in an attempt to gain an on field advantage. Every time a DB holds a receiver during his route, that is a rule broken in an attempt to gain an on field advantage. Every time a coach calls a pick pass play, that is a rule broken in an attempt to gain an on field advantage.

Every rule broken in an attempt to gain an on field advantage is not a big deal.

Every time an offensive lineman holds, that is a rule broken in an attempt to gain an on field advantage. Every time a DB holds a receiver during his route, that is a rule broken in an attempt to gain an on field advantage. Every time a coach calls a pick pass play, that is a rule broken in an attempt to gain an on field advantage.

Every rule broken in an attempt to gain an on field advantage is not a big deal.
Are you really this stupid. When you break a rule during a game you get penalized. People are saying Michigan repeatedly broke rules ,cheated and deserves to be penalized.

Yes and when you get caught breaking those rules, you get penalized.

Michigan got caught breaking rules. The yellow penalty flag has been thrown. There is a booth review, but it's not looking good for UM.

Are you really this stupid. When you break a rule during a game you get penalized. People are saying Michigan repeatedly broke rules ,cheated and deserves to be penalized.
yep...and often the in-game rule-breaking is spontaneous and/or inadvertent. This issue is pre-planned, systemic, and on the coaches.

Reactions: dailybuck777
They are this arrogant and stupid. The UM argument is now that these are both unsportsmanlike and should be treated same by BT. They are delusional.

GTyw2t.gif

myles-garrett-steelers.gif

Wetzel is so stupid that his article describes different procedures and calls them exactly the same thing. There's no allegation that the Ohio State and Rutgers programs violated the rules by doing advanced in person scouting and filming the sidelines of opposing teams.
you claim to be an attorney, but can't even read...there is no prohibition on any video recording.....except during a game that you are participating in..all you dummies are quoting thamel, who either lied knowingly or is just that much of a shit journalist...the bylaws state, no in person advanced scouting...and in a separate sentence prohibits video recording in game(meaning a game you're playing in)...please go read it, lol

you claim to be an attorney, but can't even read...there is no prohibition on any video recording.....except during a game that you are participating in..all you dummies are quoting thamel, who either lied knowingly or is just that much of a shit journalist...the bylaws state, no in person advanced scouting...and in a separate sentence prohibits video recording in game(meaning a game you're playing in)...please go read it, lol
The Walmart Wolves are getting angrier and angrier...they must be getting nervous that Michigan is about to get wrecked by the Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT