ADVERTISEMENT

Weird how none of the loudmouths can explain how PSU's Offense sucks, but they lead the Conference in Points Scored......

Just that 10 minute video showed how much work needs to be done....and whoa...Caedan once again was not very good..multiple mistakes just in the clip. He has played for three years and hasn't gotten better. Amazing that we can't find anyone else at RT.

No matter what name calling (you know who) spews on this board, the offense must be better and can't miss basic, rudimentary blocks, can't have guys running the wrong routes, etc, moving forward. As the video host said..it was week five. These can't happen.

Reactions: psu00
Just that 10 minute video showed how much work needs to be done....and whoa...Caedan once again was not very good..multiple mistakes just in the clip. No matter what name calling (you know who) spews, the offense must be better and can't miss basic, rudimentary blocks, can't have guys running the wrong routes, etc, moving forward. As the video host said..it was week five. These can't happen.
Huffa puffa....

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
He just hates anyone that isn't as stupid as he is

Nearly as stupid as the scUM douche troll who attempted to demean PSU's opening day Opponent, WVU, by claiming scUM's week 1 opponent, the mighty East Carolina Pirates, was far better (this asshole posing-troll's exact quote lecturing PSU fans on this board was, "Let's not pretend ECU wouldn't beat WVU"). At the time of said douchebag posing-troll's comment WVU and ECU were both 0-1 after losing to PSU and scUM respectively. WVU is currently 4-1 with 3 of those wins against other P5 teams while ECU is 1-4 with their only win coming against "Gardner-Webb", whoever the phuck that is LMAO! And this raging f'ing douche, a-hole has the nerve to call anyone else "stupid" - pretty much par for the course for a scUM douchebag.

Last edited:
Just that 10 minute video showed how much work needs to be done....and whoa...Caedan once again was not very good..multiple mistakes just in the clip. He has played for three years and hasn't gotten better. Amazing that we can't find anyone else at RT.

No matter what name calling (you know who) spews on this board, the offense must be better and can't miss basic, rudimentary blocks, can't have guys running the wrong routes, etc, moving forward. As the video host said..it was week five. These can't happen.
I agree work needs to be done so I remain optimistic. I can't do the work so it's on them. I hope for the best.

Reactions: psu00

And to think, they're the highest Scoring Offense in the Conference! Really doesn't day much for the other Offenses in the Conference - especially a team like scUM that has played a far shittier schedule and put up inferior Scoring, Total Offense, First Downs, Rushing YPG, TOP......

• Love
And to think, they're the highest Scoring Offense in the Conference! Really doesn't day much for the other Offenses in the Conference - especially a team like scUM that has played a far shittier schedule and put up inferior Scoring, Total Offense, First Downs, Rushing YPG, TOP......
and...so what? I don't care about Mich and OSU and the numbers they put up. I recommend watching the video above...and Yurcich's interview as to the areas that need vast improvement. I agree overall with you....we are playing clean football, sans turnovers and controlling TOP....that is all good. But, there has to be balance inside the offense for that to be sustainable.

Since you bring up Michigan...you know one of the primary reasons they turned the corner the last two years? Big plays....they were stuck in that TOP rut and not having enough explosion to overtake OSU for many years under Hairball. Then they turned the corner and got more balance inside their offense. OSU won the TOP battle both years, but Michigan finally got big runs and chunk passing plays which they lacked until the last two seasons. CFB in todays era means you have to score points...and many times, you have to score quickly or with big plays...regardless how good your defense is. That is what PSU needs as well....balance of big and small.

and...so what? I don't care about Mich and OSU and the numbers they put up. I recommend watching the video above...and Yurcich's interview as to the areas that need vast improvement. I agree overall with you....we are playing clean football, sans turnovers and controlling TOP....that is all good. But, there has to be balance inside the offense for that to be sustainable.

Since you bring up Michigan...you know one of the primary reasons they turned the corner the last two years? Big plays....they were stuck in that TOP rut and not having enough explosion to overtake OSU for many years under Hairball. Then they turned the corner and got more balance inside their offense. OSU won the TOP battle both years, but Michigan finally got big runs and chunk passing plays which they lacked until the last two seasons. CFB in todays era means you have to score points...and many times, you have to score quickly or with big plays...regardless how good your defense is. That is what PSU needs as well....balance of big and small.

Gee, a Coach pointing out what they're doing least well - who'da think it! Anyone who has played competitive sports knows a coach will always focus on what you are doing least well even if you are overall performing well. To say that PSU's Offense isn't doing a whole lotta things right and incessantly claim their awful when they lead the Conference in so many major categories is just plain asinine.

BTW, nowhere did I say "there is nothing to worry about" or that the Offense can't improve - nice try at putting words in my mouth. On the contrary, it is you who is trying to characterize the Offense as being awful and one of the worst in the league from your incessant, repetitively negative statements WHEN THE POLAR OPPOSITE IS TRUE from a statistics standpoint - PSU is the highest scoring offense per game in the Conference to this point of the season, so they must be doing something right! From your comments, you would think our Offense is putting up Iowa-like numbers or something. It is you who is giving the Offense zero credit whatsoever when they are leading the Conference in scoring - not me saying there aren't things they can improve upon.
okay...but you may want to scroll back up and read what i wrote, because nowhere did I say the PSU offense is awful - what was that you said about putting words in mouths?
I said what is plain and obvious.
-It's great that PSU is 5-0
-PSU has not appeared to have a deep threat
-PSU has a 6.3yds per passing attempt...the lowest in CFB
-The PSU offense has generally struggled early in games against inferior opponents before pulling away late.
-The PSU offense does not pass the look test. It is not crisp. It is not explosive. There are questions of how the O will perform against better talent like tOSU/scUM.

Gee, a Coach pointing out what they're doing least well - who'da think it! Anyone who has played competitive sports knows a coach will always focus on what you are doing least well even if you are overall performing well. To say that PSU's Offense isn't doing a whole lotta things right and incessantly claim their awful when they lead the Conference in so many major categories is just plain asinine.
You have trouble reading...I literally agreed with your viewpoint of playing clean ball, controlling clock, etc. And, not every coach is quick to so directly point out like MY did the problems at hand. Many do broad sweep generalizations, but not all are so quick to be to the point. I appreciate that from MY. But, whatever....your sensitivity level to anyone not on your ultra sugary sweet positive perspective is exhausting.

Reactions: AvgUser
okay...but you may want to scroll back up and read what i wrote, because nowhere did I say the PSU offense is awful - what was that you said about putting words in mouths?
-The PSU offense has generally struggled early in games against inferior opponents before pulling away late.
-The PSU offense does not pass the look test. It is not crisp. It is not explosive. There are questions of how the O will perform against better talent like tOSU/scUM.
It's no use..whether you provide him accurate and telling stats like this, or he actually has a 1 on 1 with JF, if it is a contrarian POV, it won't matter.

So you're saying Iowa is not a good defensive team? I would vehemently disagree with that claim.
Where did I say that? You did happen to notice that the Iowa offense ran a total of 33 plays right, while PSU ran 97 offensive plays. Now that you mention it, let me just say it...the Iowa Defense was not very good after being on the field so long.

Um, okay?

That's what the poster you were going back-&-forth with said after week one primarily because now 1-4 win ECU (whose lone win is against Gardner-Webb???) Played scUM in week 1 and now 4-1 WVU (who has 3 P5 wins among the 4) played PSU in week 1.....

• Love
Wait, wait wait--Ohio State dominated the first half of that game. Dominated. ND came on strong in the second half but pretending ND should have easily won that game is laughable. They were two very comparable teams that if they play 10 times both probably win 5.
Look at the stats......

Um, okay?

That's what the poster you were going back-&-forth with said after week one primarily because now 1-4 win ECU (whose lone win is against Gardner-Webb???) Played scUM in week 1 and now 4-1 WVU (who has 3 P5 wins among the 4) played PSU in week 1.

Again, what does your last point say about the rest of the Offense in the Conference as PSU's Offense leads the Conference in both Scoring and First Downs - what does it say about scUM especially given that PSU has better Total Offense, Scoring, First Downs...... etc.... It makes zero sense to say PSU's Offense doesn't pass "the looks" test, but scUM's does when scUM has put up inferior Scoring, Total Offense. First Downs Gained.... against an inferior schedule!

• Love
Nearly as stupid as the scUM douche troll who attempted to demean PSU's opening day Opponent, WVU, by claiming scUM's week 1 opponent, the mighty East Carolina Pirates, was far better (this asshole posing-troll's exact quote lecturing PSU fans on this board was, "Let's not pretend ECU wouldn't beat WVU"). At the time of said douchebag posing-troll's comment WVU and ECU were both 0-1 after losing to PSU and scUM respectively. WVU is currently 4-1 with 3 of those wins against other P5 teams while ECU is 1-4 with their only win coming against "Gardner-Webb", whoever the phuck that is LMAO! And this raging f'ing douche, a-hole has the nerve to call anyone else "stupid" - pretty much par for the course for a scUM douchebag.
All.of they is still true. You're still pretending 1-4 has meaning while trashing Pitt and TCU. You're an idiot that is blinded by your bias and pretending WVU is good is a prime example. See how this thread turned on you.

Loop Computer GIF by ASUS Republic of Gamers Deutschland

That's what the poster you were going back-&-forth with said after week one primarily because now 1-4 win ECU (whose lone win is against Gardner-Webb???) Played scUM in week 1 and now 4-1 WVU (who has 3 P5 wins among the 4) played PSU in week 1.....
Back to pretending P5 wins matter and I didn't bring up ECU. I simply responded saying a bad team is a bad team. Period. Which both are. Still not sure why you're pretending WVU proved they're good.

That's what the poster you were going back-&-forth with said after week one primarily because now 1-4 win ECU (whose lone win is against Gardner-Webb???) Played scUM in week 1 and now 4-1 WVU (who has 3 P5 wins among the 4) played PSU in week 1.

Again, what does your last point say about the rest of the Offense in the Conference as PSU's Offense leads the Conference in both Scoring and First Downs - what does it say about scUM especially given that PSU has better Total Offense, Scoring, First Downs...... etc.... It makes zero sense to say PSU's Offense doesn't pass "the looks" test, but scUM's does when scUM has put up inferior Scoring, Total Offense. First Downs Gained.... against an inferior schedule!
I really don't know. I don't watch much football of teams I don't care about. Trying to compare non-common opponents from disparate conferences is a fool's errand, especially early in the season. What I can tell you is that PSU's offense doesn't look great, certainly not as good as last year, and if you want to hang your hat on scoring a lot of points, you need to acknowledge the PSU Defense. Against Iowa, PSU scored 10 in the first half and 21 in the 2nd half after the Iowa Defense was worn down.
Against NW, PSU again scored 10 in the first half and 31 in the 2nd half with the benefit of defensive plays and short fields.
I mean, I really don't understand you digging in on this. I've never said the PSU offense is terrible. I've never said the sky is falling. But the truth matters...it's plain as day to say that over the first 5 games against subpar opponents, the offense hasn't looked particularly sharp, and for as much as you keep yelling about statistics, you don't seem to want to acknowledge what the 6.3yds/attempt will mean against a good D with top shelf talent.
As I said before, we have no idea how the games will play out. Perhaps, as you note, JJ McCarthy and the scUM offense is inferior to PSU's, but that doesn't change the fact that PSU's offense seems to have downgraded from last year, has struggled against weaker defenses and there is reason for concern against upcoming stronger defenses.

Reactions: psu00 and scrivener
What is mind-numbing is that the people who complained about PSU's inability to sustain long drives last year (when PSU was leading the Conference in explosive plays and quick-strike TD drives) are the same people that are complaining about PSU's ball-control offense that is leading the Conference in SCORING (not just TOP and First Downs). It's clearly damned if you do, damned if you don't with the always-negative, loudmouth poser-trolls - go figure! The complaint this year is that PSU's Offense is not "explosive enough" - the diametric opposite of last year's complaint! Again, go figure.
You just have to take it in. Instead you seem to read that the slightest concern or criticism means the poster is calling the team a bag of shit. They're not, nor am I

Typical hyperbolic bullshit that is utterly bereft of statistical support. PSU leads the Conference in First Downs (26 per game) and Time of Possession (as well as scoring) - PSU is 3rd in Total Offense (430.4 Yards Per Game) and is not that far behind the top 2 (MD 454.8 and duhO$U 447.5). They are in front of scUM, who is 5th with 411.4 YPG. Contrary to your claim, the Defense doesn't skew any of these numbers - they are purely driven by how the Offense does - do tell how the Defense helped PSU's Offense lead the league in First Downs Gained??? Or lead in controlling the ball (Time of Possession per game) and by a wide margin (4 minutes over next team which is neither scUM or duhO$U).

Probably because 1st downs, TOP, and total offense are some of the most misleading statistics you can use for demonstrating offensive success. Those are more indicative of how many plays you're running, your lack of explosiveness, and how good your defense is.

On top of which the two conference teams they beat are also two of the worst teams in the conference, particularly defensively. Despite that they rank #10 in the conference (out of 14 teams...) in YPP, #9 in yards per rush, and #10 in yards per pass. Think about all of the bad teams in this conference that are ahead of them in that metric.

And fans are recognizing these flaws because they are holding them to the standard of beating OSU and Michigan. Instead of getting slobber nocked, going 10-2 again. Defensively they can compete, but nothing I've seen from the offense inspires confidence.

Reactions: LandoComando
Probably because 1st downs, TOP, and total offense are some of the most misleading statistics you can use for demonstrating offensive success. Those are more indicative of how many plays you're running, your lack of explosiveness, and how good your defense is.

On top of which the two conference teams they beat are also two of the worst teams in the conference, particularly defensively. Despite that they rank #10 in the conference (out of 14 teams...) in YPP, #9 in yards per rush, and #10 in yards per pass. Think about all of the bad teams in this conference that are ahead of them in that metric.

And fans are recognizing these flaws because they are holding them to the standard of beating OSU and Michigan. Instead of getting slobber nocked, going 10-2 again. Defensively they can compete, but nothing I've seen from the offense inspires confidence.

Yea, leading the Conference in Points scored per game and First Downs Gained are meaningless metrics..... whatever you say nimrod. Clearly, average YPP are more important to winning games than Scoring and gaining First Downs.... just LMFAO at some of you bozos.

This...its a simple concept but the idiot thinks this approach make people a fan of Michigan.

Back to pretending P5 wins matter and I didn't bring up ECU. I simply responded saying a bad team is a bad team. Period. Which both are. Still not sure why you're pretending WVU proved they're good.
Actually, and I’m not on CJFs side, but it was my post that you responded to. I’ll paraphrase what you said - what makes you think that ECU wouldn’t beat WVU.

Carry on.

LandoComando said:
Why are we pretending WVU would beat ECU? He's a troll but WVU isn't a far better team.

Last edited:
...... First Downs, Time Of Possession, Margin Of Victory......

Interesting stuff..... [insert eyeroll] LMFAO.
Nobody says our offense sucks. They just aren't convinced that it's elite and good enough to beat OSU and Michigan.

The stats are great but we haven't played top notch opponents. ILL and NW are ranked last and next to last in rushing yds allowed.

Reactions: psu00 and AvgUser
Actually, and I’m not on CJFs side, but it was my post that you responded to. I’ll paraphrase what you said - what makes you think that ECU wouldn’t beat WVU.

Carry on.
I didn't say they "couldn't" I said it's not a given that they would--which is what I said day one and it remains true today. They're both bad teams.

This is simple if we keep playing the offensive we have right now we will lose to OSU and Michigan you can throw out the stats they mean nothing we have a legit defense that’s it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT