ADVERTISEMENT

Weather

I agree, but the ball is wet and slippery for all. If you want to say that the weather affects a game plan to be more conservative - I can agree with that.
Yep a slippery ball will probably affect a passing team more than a running team. They have to take those plastic shields off too!

lol. The environment affects play. And sense all teams have different skill sets, they can be affected differently. It’s like racing a jeep against a Porsche. It it is icy, bet the jeep. Of not, but the Porsche.

Is that hard to understand?

If the Porsche has awd I’d bet the Porsche in either scenario…

I agree, but the ball is wet and slippery for all. If you want to say that the weather affects a game plan to be more conservative - I can agree with that.

Iowa likely needs a low scoring sloppy game to win. Not saying they’ll automatically win one but conditions that force a conservative game plan benefit them more than conditions that leave Yurcich the option of using the whole playbook.

Iowa likely needs a low scoring sloppy game to win. Not saying they’ll automatically win one but conditions that force a conservative game plan benefit them more than conditions that leave Yurcich the option of using the whole playbook.
Yurchich could go really old school and run the T a bunch if the rain is really bad. Still like PSU to win a slop fest.

Yurchich could go really old school and run the T a bunch if the rain is really bad. Still like PSU to win a slop fest.

I do too. But I’m sure Iowa fans feel better about their odds in a slop fest over a track meet. If I was a Hawkeye I’d be praying for the monsoon.

I do too. But I’m sure Iowa fans feel better about their odds in a slop fest over a track meet. If I was a Hawkeye I’d be praying for the monsoon.
No doubt Iowa will likely keep it close in a sloppy game.

It's really not supposed to rain that much. 1/4 inch is latest forecast. So I would have to think the field will be fine. The fans will be amped as long as it's not an all day rain.

I'll go 24-10. PSU.

No doubt Iowa will likely keep it close in a sloppy game.

It's really not supposed to rain that much. 1/4 inch is latest forecast. So I would have to think the field will be fine. The fans will be amped as long as it's not an all day rain.

I'll go 24-10. PSU.
There is a big difference between a quarter inch and the 3 inches that came down last year vs NW

There is a big difference between a quarter inch and the 3 inches that came down last year vs NW
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Reactions: BOSCO2 and bison13
Weather Underground is all over the map with a low-confidence forecast as of this morning.

Their latest calls for a 50% chance of "showers" during the day, increasing to a 60% chance of a steadier rainfall during the evening hours.

Meanwhile, the spread has inched up to 15 points, so bettors don't seem too concerned...yet.

I'd hate to see weather become a factor, but I don't think rain is going to save Iowa.
I think Kaytron Allen is a mudder

While poor weather affects each team differently, I'm optimistic that the team with better athletes and better football players will handle that adversity better. I think that they should be better able to make the plays to cause the other team to make weather-related mistakes and to be better able to benefit from the other teams problems and to mitigate their own issues with the weather. I guess that I'm more of a glass half-full guy and some of you are more woe-is-me glass half broken people.

Well, after many predictions, it is already raining across much of the state and it looks like the game will be pretty darn wet!

• Angry
Reactions: 19333lion
While poor weather affects each team differently, I'm optimistic that the team with better athletes and better football players will handle that adversity better. I think that they should be better able to make the plays to cause the other team to make weather-related mistakes and to be better able to benefit from the other teams problems and to mitigate their own issues with the weather. I guess that I'm more of a glass half-full guy and some of you are more woe-is-me glass half broken people.
Can I like this post several times??

Reactions: mcpat
In other news, I was thinking the FSU-Clemson game would be a rainy, soggy mess. It’s sunny there. I realize it’s about 5 hours east, but the OU-Cindy game is playing in full sun. A bummer for the fans in state college tailgating

In other news, I was thinking the FSU-Clemson game would be a rainy, soggy mess. It’s sunny there. I realize it’s about 5 hours east, but the OU-Cindy game is playing in full sun. A bummer for the fans in state college tailgating
Having a good time regardless!

Just need an enclosure and one of these: https://www.mrheater.com/portable_buddy_heater.html

Or one of these, I guess, would also work: https://www.winnebago.com/models/product/motorhomes/class-a/vista?gallery=true

Reactions: AvgUser
Then forfeit the game lol. Some of you are scared of your own shadows.
I feel like some of them just talk for the sake of talking, mostly due to taking an internet forum and their perceived intelligence way too seriously. First we had to hear how Illinois was going to be a challenge, and now all of the Iowa chatter, with the added wrinkle of pretending there is a hurricane coming. At least we will (hopefully) get a break from the drama for the next few weeks, although some of them will probably even try to drum up something to fret over during the bye week.

You
I feel like some of them just talk for the sake of talking, mostly due to taking an internet forum and their perceived intelligence way too seriously. First we had to hear how Illinois was going to be a challenge, and now all of the Iowa chatter, with the added wrinkle of pretending there is a hurricane coming. At least we will (hopefully) get a break from the drama for the next few weeks, although some of them will probably even try to drum up something to fret over during the bye week.
You know UMass is a trap game!🤬

Reactions: mgkpsu
I’m having Tim Dwight flashbacks…
A relatively early version of White Out vs Iowa was a night when we hit Chaz Powell on 80 yd td first play of the game then both teams were mediocre in the rain.

Pick by Clark right in front of our seats sealed it for Hawks...he never saw the DB (#15 if I recall...burned into my cranium).

We shall see....need to win games l8ke this regardless of elements. Both teams are on the same field.

Go State!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT