ADVERTISEMENT

Weather

Forecast now looks really bad. Heavy rain and wind all day. Not a good tailgating day, white out will be nonexistent and game could be low scoring.
Too bad for the players on both sides and the recruits. If it's a downpour all day, expect attendance to be down and crowd enthusiasm down. We experienced that @ last year's game against NWestern. Frankly, it was miserable sitting in the stadium in that weather.

It's Big Ten football, it's a night game, it's a white out with the whole country watching.

Fans will dress for the weather. Students will be so drunk they won't care about being wet.

It'll be a great atmosphere and even if the field is a swimming pool, players will play hard and have a great time pounding Iowa, and PSU will win.

This is not a James Franklin team from 2016 that needs to throw the ball all over the place to win. This is a team built for all weather. I think the players will love it.

It's Big Ten football, it's a night game, it's a white out with the whole country watching.

Fans will dress for the weather. Students will be so drunk they won't care about being wet.

It'll be a great atmosphere and even if the field is a swimming pool, players will play hard and have a great time pounding Iowa, and PSU will win.

This is not a James Franklin team from 2016 that needs to throw the ball all over the place to win. This is a team built for all weather. I think the players will love it.
I think the White Out is the greatest show in college football but I'm a bit concerned that this year we are facing two challenges. One is the rain. The other is that the game is going up against Ohio State at Notre Dame.

Agreed but anytime you have rain it typically lowers the overall scoring total and can produce mistakes like fumbles, blocked punts, missed FG's, etc. Those all help Iowa in my opinion.

I don't know, the forecast trend appears to be improving somewhat.

First half some drizzle but no big deal.

Second half rain picks up a bit but still not enough to be hugely disruptive.

We'll see if this holds. There appears to be uncertainty as to how far inland the storm system will track and when it will make its turn away from the mid-Atlantic coast.

I hope you’re right, but that’s not what I’m seeing. The cutoff is supposed to be pretty extreme east to west from a lot of rain to barely any. The storms can move 25 to 50 miles either way completely changing the situation.
The rainfall probabilities have changed (now up to 70%) but the intensity is still pretty minor (total of 0.3" between 2 pm and midnight). So that about 0.03" per hour.

For reference, here is what various rainfall intensities look like:

So yes, wear a poncho.

Will it affect the game a lot? Probably not.

Too bad for the players on both sides and the recruits. If it's a downpour all day, expect attendance to be down and crowd enthusiasm down. We experienced that @ last year's game against NWestern. Frankly, it was miserable sitting in the stadium in that weather.
Unlikley to be a downpour all day. Total of 0.3" of rain between 2 pm and midnight.

Meister,
How do you read the f’n thing you posted
😵‍💫
4bzob6.jpg

Reactions: bison13
Its looking more and more likely the weather wont be bad at gametime. Looking like a slight drizzle is the most thats going to happen, and it wont be continuous. The field could be wet from condensation throughout the day but not necessarily raining.

Hrumph, hrumph, ba humbug, I don’t care how much it rains I’m not playing in it or attending this year. I’ll get drunk and stay dry, hopefully the team will do their part. If not, then I’ll really start bitching and moaning. 😫😩😢

Rain doesn't force a team to play poorly. You either play well or you don't.
lol. The environment affects play. And sense all teams have different skill sets, they can be affected differently. It’s like racing a jeep against a Porsche. It it is icy, bet the jeep. Of not, but the Porsche.

Is that hard to understand?

lol. The environment affects play. And sense all teams have different skill sets, they can be affected differently. It’s like racing a jeep against a Porsche. It it is icy, bet the jeep. Of not, but the Porsche.

Penn State has recruited players to play in rain also. Is THAT hard for you to understand? Lol

Reactions: Strick73

Lol! Apparently he does not understand. Goodness, I am not sure how people do not know history…

Penn State has recruited players to play in rain also. Is THAT hard for you to understand? Lol
Watch the Ryder Cup. The Euros have done extensive research on the American team. They built the course based on tendencies of the American team versus the euros. This is why teams study film. You understand strengths and weaknesses. You then work to minimize stats and exploit weaknesses.

Our QB doesn’t run but is a great passer. You don’t think the weather will affect one team differently when they one is a passing pro set team and the other is a spread run team?

Teams are different. So it is natural that the environment can/will have effect.

Reactions: RickinDayton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT