ADVERTISEMENT

We lost to 3 ranked teams and some are making it like PSU is the worst team in the country

uppermaclion

Sep 6, 2005
PSU imho, is probably in the 35-40 range of teams. Nothing surprising about this year so far. Plus some of you need to get out of your head that this is a "normal" PSU like it was in the typical Joe years. It isn't and it isn't even close. This team is NOT as talented as you think. There are pieces there but big holes as well. This team should be comprised up mainly of the recruits when this whole mess happened. Those classes ended up being "very poor" by PSU standards. those classes were ranked pretty much where PSU is ranked. Coincidence???? Maybe, but not likely. It is only the last 2 years that the classes have gotten better.

You are looking at least 2 years before PSU is built like a typical college team meaning the right mix of upper and lower classmen. That's how MOST good teams are built. A mix of upper classmen and then younger guys. This team is skewed much too in favor of the younger guys and you are seeing mistakes. These are mental mistakes not physical mistakes. The physical talent is there(not on the Oline). Everyone sees the issues. LB, I think the talent is OK there, but they haven't put it together yet. It has been killing PSU several times this season. That is typical of what we have seen this year. Highs and lows and each week, heck even each play, it is someone else making a mistake.

Some of you need to go back and look at this team without your blue and white glasses. It isn't nearly as good as you think. There are some big holes throughout this team. There aren't really any alternatives until the players start stepping up. There is no solution at LB. Bowen and Cooper(and I think they are both going to be really good) are not going to solve the problem now. Cabinda and Reeder are gong to be good as well but they are making too many mental mistakes. This team currently IS NOT as talented as most big 10 teams. I don't think that's going to be the case in 2 years!

And Joe's record against ranked teams from 2000 on was 14-30 and he was 3-11 against teams ranked in the top 10 and 0-8 against teams ranked in the top 5. We haven't exactly been world beaters for the last 15 years.

With the exception of the Temple game, we're about where I thought we would be. Having said that, we failed to win yesterday and could/should have.

And Joe's record against ranked teams from 2000 on was 14-30 and he was 3-11 against teams ranked in the top 10 and 0-8 against teams ranked in the top 5. We haven't exactly been world beaters for the last 15 years.

Shh, Joe was four coaches ago.

With the exception of the Temple game, we're about where I thought we would be. Having said that, we failed to win yesterday and could/should have.

Temple is MUCH better then I thought and played extremely well against a good ND team. We should have won yesterday, but we could have easily lost to Maryland. It all balances out in the end. UM and MSU are both winnable games. Will we win both? Don't know, but I like out chances against UM coming off a bye. This team is banged up and needs a break.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Yeah, maybe "some" do, but they are to be ignored. Most of us are concerned that we have a few problems that won't be cured by just getting beyond sanctions and youth. To be elite, we will have to get a little better at offensive play design.

The point is to ignore the ignorant but to acknowledge we do have some coaching problems to correct. That doesn't mean we fire the Staff, it just means that all our problems are not sanction related.

Reactions: psu2016
Take a look at the "talent" on our roster and tell me, other than OSU, who has more talent that we do that we have lost to? We should be beating these teams easily with what we have talent wise. There is absolutely no reason for the OL to play this bad after all this time. My god, NW had three starters on the OL out and they still beat us, no excuses made by them re why there OL played poorly because it didn't.

Look at the offense, specifically our QB and "WR's." Has Donovan or JF ever heard of a "slant pass" or a throw down the middle of the field once every other game. The throw to Godwin down the hash mark was a thing of beauty. With these big body, talented group of WR's, we should be running slants a lot more than the Wildcat, and should be extremely successful.

PSU imho, is probably in the 35-40 range of teams. Nothing surprising about this year so far. Plus some of you need to get out of your head that this is a "normal" PSU like it was in the typical Joe years. It isn't and it isn't even close. This team is NOT as talented as you think. There are pieces there but big holes as well. This team should be comprised up mainly of the recruits when this whole mess happened. Those classes ended up being "very poor" by PSU standards. those classes were ranked pretty much where PSU is ranked. Coincidence???? Maybe, but not likely. It is only the last 2 years that the classes have gotten better.

You are looking at least 2 years before PSU is built like a typical college team meaning the right mix of upper and lower classmen. That's how MOST good teams are built. A mix of upper classmen and then younger guys. This team is skewed much too in favor of the younger guys and you are seeing mistakes. These are mental mistakes not physical mistakes. The physical talent is there(not on the Oline). Everyone sees the issues. LB, I think the talent is OK there, but they haven't put it together yet. It has been killing PSU several times this season. That is typical of what we have seen this year. Highs and lows and each week, heck even each play, it is someone else making a mistake.

Some of you need to go back and look at this team without your blue and white glasses. It isn't nearly as good as you think. There are some big holes throughout this team. There aren't really any alternatives until the players start stepping up. There is no solution at LB. Bowen and Cooper(and I think they are both going to be really good) are not going to solve the problem now. Cabinda and Reeder are gong to be good as well but they are making too many mental mistakes. This team currently IS NOT as talented as most big 10 teams. I don't think that's going to be the case in 2 years!
Great post. That's because most humans love to hate and complain. It's easier than the opposite.

Worst team? No. One of worst offenses even though they have supposedly a NFL QB and best freshmen rb playing. Yes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT