ADVERTISEMENT

We haven't had a gas grill thread for some time, so let's get cooking! Looking for a new gas grill....

republion

Mar 24, 2009
I just sold my 15 year old Weber Summit natural gas grill and want to replace it with another natural gas grill. This grill is used to supplement my BGE style smoker. I cook steaks, burgers, chicken wings/breasts , hot dogs, etc on the gas grill, and then I do my BBQ pork, briskets, whole chicken, ribs, etc on the smoker. I have my system and I like it.

I've always had Weber gas grills and have had good success with them. However, I'm open to exploring other GAS GRILL options. I'm debating between Weber Genesis, Napoleon Prestige, or Blaze gas grill (manufacturer by the BBQGuys).

There are lots of side by side comparison reviews on these grills done in the stores straight out of the box, but very few actually cooking on them. I just wanted to know if anyone on this board has any experience using with Napoleon or Blaze. I know everyone feels pretty strongly about Weber.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I just sold my 15 year old Weber Summit natural gas grill and want to replace it with another natural gas grill. This grill is used to supplement my BGE style smoker. I cook steaks, burgers, chicken wings/breasts , hot dogs, etc on the gas grill, and then I do my BBQ pork, briskets, whole chicken, ribs, etc on the smoker. I have my system and I like it.

I've always had Weber gas grills and have had good success with them. However, I'm open to exploring other GAS GRILL options. I'm debating between Weber Genesis, Napoleon Prestige, or Blaze gas grill (manufacturer by the BBQGuys).

There are lots of side by side comparison reviews on these grills done in the stores straight out of the box, but very few actually cooking on them. I just wanted to know if anyone on this board has any experience using with Napoleon or Blaze. I know everyone feels pretty strongly about Weber.
Are they still legal?

Amidst all of the madness in the world, it is great to get back to the normalcy of a tried and true grill thread!

My ~15 year old Weber is starting to age...but someone gifted me a Genesis that I am rehabbing with some new burners, flavorizer bars and some body work to get me through until I'm ready for a big purchase.

Will be interested in whatever intel is shared

Reactions: republion
Amidst all of the madness in the world, it is great to get back to the normalcy of a tried and true grill thread!

My ~15 year old Weber is starting to age...but someone gifted me a Genesis that I am rehabbing with some new burners, flavorizer bars and some body work to get me through until I'm ready for a big purchase.

Will be interested in whatever intel is shared
Bought a genesis about 4 years ago, and it does everything I need!

I think it’s a good idea to look at other grills. I also have a Weber Summit. I looked and the replacement model is priced at $2799!

I have a Genesis 2 and love it. Anybody buy the flat top insert from Weber? Or should I buy a separate black stone?

Not in your league but I rehabbed my Charbroil Infrared grill over the weekend. It’s 12 years old so the side leaves needed sanded and painted but the core grill itself is stainless so it cleaned up nicely.

It’s easy to cook on, difficult to flare up, and relatively easy to keep clean and working well as there is a pan between the grill and the burners. No lava rocks or anything.

I’ve been experimenting with putting wood chips on the pan - definitely nothing like a smoker would do but it does add a little flavor.

Not in your league but I rehabbed my Charbroil Infrared grill over the weekend. It’s 12 years old so the side leaves needed TO BE sanded and painted but the core grill itself is stainless so it cleaned up nicely.

It’s easy to cook on, difficult to flare up, and relatively easy to keep clean and working well as there is a pan between the grill and the burners. No lava rocks or anything.

I’ve been experimenting with putting wood chips on the pan - definitely nothing like a smoker would do but it does add a little flavor.
FIFY*

Picked up a Weber spirit 2 e-310 earlier this spring and love it. Couldn’t justify the next step to the genesis. Planning on getting the griddle insert for it soon.

Might be your last chance to buy one.

• Angry
I have had my Weber since 2009.
Replace parts as needed.

You've got the best grill, quit looking. Webers are indestructible, and if and when you need parts their customer service is the best I've ever dealt with.

You've got the best grill, quit looking. Webers are indestructible, and if and when you need parts their customer service is the best I've ever dealt with.
I already sold it. lol. Bought it 2 years ago for $500 and sold it for $600. It was SS. I want the Ocean Blue, but also want 4 burners. Doesn’t exist. Ugh.

What you describe is essentially what I do. I use my Primo for good steaks, baking and smoking and gas grill for everything else. Depending on your cooking area needs, there are a couple of brands out there that have been around forever, so long as you like the 1960s look. Modern Home Products (MHP) essentially invented the gas grill and their west coast sibling Pacific Gas Specialties (PGS)(now rebranded as Performance Grilling Systems). both are not well known but their quality exceeds almost everything. both share a lot of common parts and have lifetime warrantees on just about everything. I have an MHP on propane at home and a PGS on a post on natural gas down at Oak Island.

Reactions: cment
You did not specify your budget, but I second MHP as probably the best ~$1000-2000 you can spend on a grill. I had one for years with the hybrid burner (2 burners + 1Infrared burner) It was awesome. I sold it when my family outgrew it and bought a 670 Summit which I shortly sold after 2 year for a TEC. The MHP was a better grill than the Summit.. You won't be disappointed.

What you describe is essentially what I do. I use my Primo for good steaks, baking and smoking and gas grill for everything else. Depending on your cooking area needs, there are a couple of brands out there that have been around forever, so long as you like the 1960s look. Modern Home Products (MHP) essentially invented the gas grill and their west coast sibling Pacific Gas Specialties (PGS)(now rebranded as Performance Grilling Systems). both are not well known but their quality exceeds almost everything. both share a lot of common parts and have lifetime warrantees on just about everything. I have an MHP on propane at home and a PGS on a post on natural gas down at Oak Island.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT