ADVERTISEMENT

New Weber grill- is this one worth the price

I agree, I store mine outside in a screened area in Fl. I replaced my igniters once but unless yours is a typo mine cost around $30?
I need to replace or repair the igniter on my genesis model. I know you can replace the battery and clean the corrosion, but as I’m not very handy I’m wondering if replacing the whole unit is the way to go. Have others done this? Advice?

I need to replace or repair the igniter on my genesis model. I know you can replace the battery and clean the corrosion, but as I’m not very handy I’m wondering if replacing the whole unit is the way to go. Have others done this? Advice?
The ignitor is easy to replace. The directions provided are excellent. I took me about 30 minutes.

Reactions: Nitwit and 91Joe95

You're usually looking at one or two screws and an electrical clip. If you call Weber they can tell you everything you need and send you directions. They are great to deal with.

How do you like the Flame Boss? Any issues?

None ... 4 of my friends have it for their BGE as well. Love it ... you can set the temp and it flat lines perfectly on whatever temp you set. Can check it from your phone and will alarm you as well if temp gets too high or low but really locks on the temp and graphs it for you and if I set mine at 225 forma smoke it gets that temp there super quick and holds it perfect with fan only kicking on when needed

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
You're usually looking at one or two screws and an electrical clip. If you call Weber they can tell you everything you need and send you directions. They are great to deal with.
Yep, and if you call them they will verify your exact part requirement. If you don't know the model ask them where to look and they'll gladly help you find it and wait for your reply. And if your extra nice they may even send you a free copy of their grilling cookbook!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT