ADVERTISEMENT

We get Ole Miss in peach

I know I will get stoned and criticized by the loyalists and Kool Aid drinkers here, but I have never felt so unsatisfied and unrewarded by a 10 win season. Maybe it's the hangover of another season of losing to Ohio St and Michigan, but I just have an empty feeling in my gut after this season.
Many people feel that way

I know I will get stoned and criticized by the loyalists and Kool Aid drinkers here, but I have never felt so unsatisfied and unrewarded by a 10 win season. Maybe it's the hangover of another season of losing to Ohio St and Michigan, but I just have an empty feeling in my gut after this season.
That’s because of the “playoffs” completely devaluing the regular season. What used to be the greatest regular season in sports in the US. 😢

That’s because of the “playoffs” completely devaluing the regular season. What used to be the greatest regular season in sports in the US. 😢
Why is the playoff to blame? Wouldn't it still be disappointing to continually lose to Michigan and Ohio State?

Reactions: manilion
Found this on the Chick fil a Peach bowl site
  • Which team will be on the home side for the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl?
    • The higher-ranked team will be considered the home team for the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and will be on the Section 108C-112C side of the field. The lower-ranked team will be considered the visiting team and will be on the Section 126C-130C side of the field.
So does that mean it will be a white-out or a stripe-out?

Yeah, this bowl and match up do nothing for me. It is a lose-lose with Ole Miss. Win and people say it isnt an elite win. Lose and the sky is falling. PSU needed Oregon or something similar.

Yeah, this bowl and match up do nothing for me. It is a lose-lose with Ole Miss. Win and people say it isnt an elite win. Lose and the sky is falling. PSU needed Oregon or something similar.
Nix likely sits out for Oregon so that wouldn't help

Reactions: step.eng69
I like it. A team we never played before. Oregon will be in the B1G next year. A win against a #11 SEC team would be a strong finish and another Top 10 season. And I’m happy it’s not UGA in their backyard.

Compared to ‘99, ‘09, or even ‘17?

Completely disagree, lots of late season/championship games decided late in the season. . Ironically, this would’ve been about 1 of 10 years in the old days where 1 played 2 in a bowl with Michigan and Washington.

Four, count 'em, FOUR SEC teams in the CFP/NY6. Moving the SEC in and FSU out opened up Louisville's slot for another SEC squad. Follow the money
And 3 Big 10 teams, 5 with our incoming conference mates (and 5 including incoming to SEC Texas).

Louisville didn’t have a slot at 10-3 with a bad loss to Kentucky. They didn’t deserve it

Ole Miss in red versus us in blue would be cool to see.

Not a bad idea. 😎

iu

iu

And 3 Big 10 teams, 5 with our incoming conference mates (and 5 including incoming to SEC Texas).

Louisville didn’t have a slot at 10-3 with a bad loss to Kentucky. They didn’t deserve it
I'

I'm not arguing their worth on merit. The Orange Bowl has a guaranteed tie in with the ACC. If FSU was in the CFP, Louisville was headed to Miami.

Reactions: NedFromYork
PSU fans feel unsatisfied because we had an elite defense that was wasted on a piece of crap offense. The offense did not improve all season. Excuses were made to justify the crappy offense...... we dont need to pass downfield, use the middle of the field, our receivers struggle to learn the plays, but we are scoring lots of points.... the list is endless. Our offensive strategy was wait until the second half when they get tired. At the same time, the Defense is playing very good. The offense never made a step forward and when we played the two good teams on our schedule.... we crapped in front of the entire country. Just completely crapped. The scores seemed close but we were not winning either of those games because the offense could not do shit. Every year is rinse and repeat.

The last 2 weeks have been great football and PSU was never mentioned, talked about, or part of the fun. We made our exit 3 plus weeks ago. Not very satisfying. CJF pouting in his press conference....ugg

So do horses and cows.
What NLRoar said is correct. Those players would benefit more getting healthy and beginning training for the combine than risking injury putting another game on film.
Bullshit. Tell that to Nick Saban, who advised ALL of his players to stay unless they project first round.

Bs. The supposed greatest regular season would not be any better without the playoffs. Under the old system, Michigan would be playing Washington in the rose bowl for the championship and Texas, fsu and bama would be left in the cold.

Bs. The supposed greatest regular season would not be any better without the playoffs. Under the old system, Michigan would be playing Washington in the rose bowl for the championship and Texas, fsu and bama would be left in the cold.
And how is the current system any better? At least the two teams playing would have done something to prove they should be there like winning all their games.

I find Lane Kiffin entertaining, especially when he trolls Saban. Other than that, not a big fan of this matchup. We had 2 close losses. They lost by 14 to Alabama and 35 to Georgia. Unless we have a bunch of opt-outs I'll be disappointed if we don't win by at least 10 points. Oh well. At least it's not Liberty or Tulane.
We may struggle to score…especially if Mississippi can move the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT