ADVERTISEMENT

WE ARE…..better 7/15 -Alex Birchmeier ‘23

h8Znw1v.jpg
images
Narduzzi isn’t impressed
No he's pi$$ed.

Big signing. Well done team.
Remember, this is a verbal commitment, not a signed commitment. Birchmeier is a rising Junior in high school this fall so a lot can transpire over the next year and a half. But this is a big commitment to jump start the 2023 recruiting class. Birchmeier is friends with Mega Barnwell, a former commitment of ours, so hopefully he will be in Barnwell’s ear.

Remember, this is a verbal commitment, not a signed commitment. Birchmeier is a rising Junior in high school this fall so a lot can transpire over the next year and a half. But this is a big commitment to jump start the 2023 recruiting class. Birchmeier is friends with Mega Barnwell, a former commitment of ours, so hopefully he will be in Barnwell’s ear.

Concerning your statement about Barnwell, see the ChiTownLion post from the other (2023 recruiting) thread: :)

Be a yay-sayer not a nay-sayer. Yay!

Great news! I hope the young man enjoys his time in State College, on the field, in class, and in general.

Speaking of keeping him through signing day next year, can you think of any instances where an offensive lineman "decommitted" other than the flake from the Scranton-WB area a few years ago? Offensive linemen seem less likely to do that than other positions.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Great offer sheet: Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, Georgia, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Florida, Auburn. Of course the pitters gave him an offer since he is a breathing high school male.

This is a big verbal, hopefully we can keep him in the fold. He has some big time offers and believe he will be a 5 star recruit when all is said and done. Notre Dame and Alabama will be on him hard to flip. I do believe Trautwein is a big plus for potential recruits.

Cautiously optimistic but - and I hate to be that guy - I worry that he hasn’t visited *any* other schools yet. He’s only been to PSU - twice. I assume he’s still gonna take visits and stuff but hope I’m wrong and we get one of those 107% locked in things.

🤞

Cautiously optimistic but - and I hate to be that guy - I worry that he hasn’t visited *any* other schools yet. He’s only been to PSU - twice. I assume he’s still gonna take visits and stuff but hope I’m wrong and we get one of those 107% locked in things.

🤞
He took trips to Happy Valley, Notre Dame and Virginia Tech in June.

You'd like to see your first commitments in a class be either big time prospects or really active recruiters to help lead the class and build momentum. I don't know his relationship with other top prospects but he certainty fits the bill as an elite recruit! Welcome!

🤞
We have more reason to be optimistic about this young man than any other school does.

He took trips to Happy Valley, Notre Dame and Virginia Tech in June.

You'd like to see your first commitments in a class be either big time prospects or really active recruiters to help lead the class and build momentum. I don't know his relationship with other top prospects but he certainty fits the bill as an elite recruit! Welcome!

Thanks! Was just going by the 247 recruiting timeline for him and do not see those visits listed.

Reactions: Midnighter2
Hopefully the PSU OL excels this season and his commitment remains solid. There will certainly be plenty of room for him since the 2021 class was so slim on OL prospects. Perhaps that was a deciding factor for him?

This is a big verbal, hopefully we can keep him in the fold. He has some big time offers and believe he will be a 5 star recruit when all is said and done. Notre Dame and Alabama will be on him hard to flip. I do believe Trautwein is a big plus for potential recruits.
Let’s just give him a “he gone “ right now and get it over with

Funny that rivals doesn't even put this news on their main front page but their competitors atleast have a link on the side bar. Bias?

Reactions: pkg5002 and TheGLOV
Yup, the leader of the pack.....

^^ That would be one heck of an OL haul.

“[The visit] was probably the main reason why I committed now,” he said. “I took visits to Notre Dame and [Virginia] Tech, too, but Penn State blew them out of the water. From the facilities to how I was treated there, and then the campus, it was all just amazing. That was a big part of all this.”

^^ That would be one heck of an OL haul.

“[The visit] was probably the main reason why I committed now,” he said. “I took visits to Notre Dame and [Virginia] Tech, too, but Penn State blew them out of the water. From the facilities to how I was treated there, and then the campus, it was all just amazing. That was a big part of all this.”
“I took visits to Notre Dame and [Virginia] Tech, too, but Penn State blew them out of the water.

This is not going to sit well with the ND faithful!

But, I love it!!

:)

Reactions: MacNit07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT