ADVERTISEMENT

Was there a post-game incident Saturday?

The player went back, got several other players and they went to the kid's apartment. They pushed their way in to gain access and were charged with breaking and entering (a felony). Then there was a fight so another handful got charged with assalt. IIRC, they weren't supposed to be able to play while the charges were being investigated. Several were seniors. Joe told the PSU judiciary to screw off and played them and made them clean the stadium afterwards.
And if this were to happen at another school, you can bet this board would be up in arms that their coach has too much power and is a win at all costs kind of guy.

3 players. Video. Burner account.Video posted on social media. Donthave any specifics.

I’d guess something sexual. But, who knows? Heard they were booted off team.
No specifics? Guessing about it being sexual?? And you wrote , "But, who knows?" Thanks for clearing it up for us.

If players were in fact booted from the team, I'm sure someone will be checking the roster for missing names.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
And if this were to happen at another school, you can bet this board would be up in arms that their coach has too much power and is a win at all costs kind of guy.
It does happen at other schools.... we just do not hear about it because other schools do not try to destroy themselves from the inside. If Saban has issues, he handles them (or has a booster call a judge) and the school and media just let it ride. It is not that uncommon in this section of the country...

or, maybe they are just win at all costs type of schools 🤷‍♂️

Everybody makes mistakes. The OAG made a mistake in going after Spanier. The Penn State BOT made mistakes in firing Paterno and Spanier.
I'm with you. But, I'd like to add that Surma didn't make a mistake he and his inside people were very much aware of what they were doing. I will agree that the rank and file onion dip and shrimp crowd were largely in the dark. The OAG couldn't have been more corrupt and followed the hand signals from one term Tommy.
What I find utterly disgusting is taking swipes at a guy that gave so much to PSU....if you don't (didn't like him) let it and him rest. Good Lord, the man will be dead 10 years in February. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.....but some opinions are just in bad taste.

some background on that. there was this maniacal prosecutor and a woman in charge of campus judiciary that kind of went nuts. Basically, you could be charged with anything and immediately expelled with zero due process or representation. And, the majority of arrests stemmed from an incident where a guy was talking crap to a player's girlfriend. At some point, the kid to the player's (or his GF's) cell phone and damaged it. The player went back, got several other players and they went to the kid's apartment. They pushed their way in to gain access and were charged with breaking and entering (a felony). Then there was a fight so another handful got charged with assalt. IIRC, they weren't supposed to be able to play while the charges were being investigated. Several were seniors. Joe told the PSU judiciary to screw off and played them and made them clean the stadium afterwards.

Do I remember that correctly? I am sure many of the details were wrong but think it was directionally correct. The only other thing I can recall is that the PSU official looked like John Lithgow in drag and trashed Joe in the New York Times after the Sandusky thing came out.

Yeah. Spanier tried to over throw JoePa and hired Triponey to run a kangaroo court where she was literally judge and jury and could literally make up anything she wanted to do charge you with and then make up the punishment. It was horrible and a complete sham and Spaniers worst decision as president. I think in the end it ended as PSU got taken to court and lost as this kangaroo court was deemed to be illegal. I Joe did in standing up to Triponey was 100% the right move and he did it on behalf of the student body to protect all students from this illegal corruption.

triponeypennstatex-large.jpg
Image of IT'S A MAN, BABY!

I'm with you. But, I'd like to add that Surma didn't make a mistake he and his inside people were very much aware of what they were doing. I will agree that the rank and file onion dip and shrimp crowd were largely in the dark. The OAG couldn't have been more corrupt and followed the hand signals from one term Tommy.
What I find utterly disgusting is taking swipes at a guy that gave so much to PSU....if you don't (didn't like him) let it and him rest. Good Lord, the man will be dead 10 years in February. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.....but some opinions are just in bad taste.
I agree that the firings of Paterno and Spanier were not mistakes. They were a deliberate ploy by Surma and Corbett to exact revenge on Paterno and Spanier for their perceived misdeeds.

Yeah. Spanier tried to over throw JoePa and hired Triponey to run a kangaroo court where she was literally judge and jury and could literally make up anything she wanted to do charge you with and then make up the punishment. It was horrible and a complete sham and Spaniers worst decision as president. I think in the end it ended as PSU got taken to court and lost as this kangaroo court was deemed to be illegal. I Joe did in standing up to Triponey was 100% the right move and he did it on behalf of the student body to protect all students from this illegal corruption.
Also, IIRC, Triponey tried to decree who could or couldn't participate in football practices if they had any incidents pending in kangaroo court. I think that's the point where Joe told Triponey and Spanier to leave football to him since that was his job.

Beamon will not play for the remainder of the year.
Edit, I just saw that confirmation. So it looks like he's still on the team but basically a practice player. We'll, that's that. Dance with the horses who brought us here from here on in.

Edit, I just saw that confirmation. So it looks like he's still on the team but basically a practice player. We'll, that's that. Dance with the horses who brought us here from here on in.
Could be disciplinary or academic. He might be ineligible if he failed some courses?

Reactions: TheGLOV
I'm going to guess it is academic.
I would guess Beamon is academic as JF made note to say when he is at football he is great.
The other???? If something g like that happened I am shocked that we have heard nothing yet from a rumor mill thing.

Old coaches jargon....."gotta dance with who brung you." i.e. don't try to be too cute in the big game, trust the players and the schemes that got you there.
"the horses are in the barn" The final practice is over, now all we can do is get a good night's sleep.

Reactions: ftlpsu
There was an "insider" on a different site who hinted that the defense would be "better" this week. I have no idea what that was about but perhaps they were waiting to see if his grades from summer would make him eligible? Maybe they have a secret weapon not told about? Who knows. Anyway they are who they are and so far they have been solid.

Triponey was hired by Spanier.
Thanks. But I wonder if it was his decision or was there some politics going on behind the scenes. I sort of remember a lot of bs showing up in the media when it came to JoePa. Seemed like every time he sneezed someone in the media would make a big deal about it.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Thanks. But I wonder if it was his decision or was there some politics going on behind the scenes. I sort of remember a lot of bs showing up in the media when it came to JoePa. Seemed like every time he sneezed someone in the media would make a big deal about it.

Doubt it. She was an everyday hire as vp for student affairs. Nothing distinguished her career before or since. Not someone who would have popped up on any radar screens. She had her fifteen minutes of fame and disappeared into oblivion.

Reactions: sluggo72
Doubt it. She was an everyday hire as vp for student affairs. Nothing distinguished her career before or since. Not someone who would have popped up on any radar screens. She had her fifteen minutes of fame and disappeared into oblivion.
Her career was distinguished in that she was also universally hated when she worked at UConn.

Her career was distinguished in that she was also universally hated when she worked at UConn.
Her LinkedIn shows no meaningful employment over the past several years. Now maybe that is her choice to be retired or semi-retired, but you would have to think that her reputation has made her quite toxic. That toxicity has nothing to do with Paterno, but with her scorched earth approach at UConn and PSU.

People forget that Spanier was not real well liked for most of his tenure. He openly said it was his main goal to stop college drinking and partying and was working with the State College police to really crack down on bars and apartment parties using anything in his disposal to do so. He saw taking down JoePa as the only way to become the king of Penn State and hired Triponey to be his adjunct in doing that deed. The kangaroo court was not only about football players but normal student body was getting illegally screwed over left and right. There were instances where students who were only 'accused' of something were suspended from school based on the accusation alone. What Triponey did (and Spanier allowed to happen) was anti American and completely flew in the face of innocent until proven guilty and due process. Joe was the knight in shining armor in this whole thing in that he stood up for the entire student body in fighting Triponey (and Spanier) to give the students the normal legal rights of any US citizen and eventually won out as Joe was in the right and Spanier/Triponey were in the wrong.

People forget that Spanier was not real well liked for most of his tenure. He openly said it was his main goal to stop college drinking and partying and was working with the State College police to really crack down on bars and apartment parties using anything in his disposal to do so. He saw taking down JoePa as the only way to become the king of Penn State and hired Triponey to be his adjunct in doing that deed. The kangaroo court was not only about football players but normal student body was getting illegally screwed over left and right. There were instances where students who were only 'accused' of something were suspended from school based on the accusation alone. What Triponey did (and Spanier allowed to happen) was anti American and completely flew in the face of innocent until proven guilty and due process. Joe was the knight in shining armor in this whole thing in that he stood up for the entire student body in fighting Triponey (and Spanier) to give the students the normal legal rights of any US citizen and eventually won out as Joe was in the right and Spanier/Triponey were in the wrong.
This is correct. I did not agree with a lot of what Spanier tried to accomplish while leading PSU, especially with regards to student partying. This doesn't change the fact that he was unfairly prosecuted in an unconstitutional manner.

I agree completely with Cletus11. I would only add that this was going on at other universities where students were not allowed counsel, were not allowed to confront their accusers, and were deprived of due process. Being accused was enough to get a student expelled. This came to a head and these kangaroo courts were thrown out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT