ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Caved

I’ll give you some props. You have been pretty spot on. What do you think the NCAA will do now?
Looks like they didn't find anything wrong with Stalions expense reports. Stalions said he cheated on his own. Lets see if the NCAA comes up with anything to show Harbaugh was aware. Honestly, I cna't believe he didn't know if Stalions had that kind of detailed information. harbaugh is a control freak, as most head coaches are.

There is also the FBI investigation from the OC Weiss computer fraud thing. A one off? Related? Football associated or personal? IDK

I'll be surprised if he's back next year. I am sure the NCAA will want to wrap this up before the playoffs if UM beats tOSU and wins the B1G championship. It all depends on what they find or not.

Reactions: Westcoast24
Looks like they didn't find anything wrong with Stalions expense reports. Stalions said he cheated on his own. Lets see if the NCAA comes up with anything to show Harbaugh was aware. Honestly, I cna't believe he didn't know if Stalions had that kind of detailed information. harbaugh is a control freak, as most head coaches are.

There is also the FBI investigation from the OC Weiss computer fraud thing. A one off? Related? Football associated or personal? IDK

I'll be surprised if he's back next year. I am sure the NCAA will want to wrap this up before the playoffs if UM beats tOSU and wins the B1G championship. It all depends on what they find or not.
It has been reported by the police dept and state police I believe that the OC investigation has nothing to do with the stallions stuff. We shall see

Hmmm... I'm torn with this. Either he was just trying to get himself promoted or was the "fall guy". Which is it? Either way, not a good look.

Reactions: dswartz
Still not sure why everyone is still saying suspension. They were careful not to suspend him to the point the Big Ten said this was punishing Michigan not Harbaugh.

UM would have to prove Harbaugh *didn't* know. It's very difficult to prove a negative.

But I agree that even if Harbaugh doesn't get a "show cause" he won't be there next year. I also anticipate significant other sanctions for Michigan.

wasn't somebody yammering on about the BIG bluffing or something?
Both sides are still playing the cards they're dealt. Michigan didn't agree to this without getting something in return. Do people think Michigan lost this battle?

I would have been shocked if they found he expensed anything related to stealing signs. It was likely booster money that was paid in cash. If not cash, maybe through his vacuum biz. I find it very hard to believe he did it with his own cash.

Hmmm... I'm torn with this. Either he was just trying to get himself promoted or was the "fall guy". Which is it? Either way, not a good look.

Common sense says he's the fall guy.

- He wasn't wealthy enough to bankroll this for multiple seasons
- He obviously wasn't very careful about covering his actions so its highly unlikely he never told a soul associated with the program about it
- It's at the very least negligent for Harbaugh or the OC/DC to have never questioned how he was so good, how he had the materials he had prepped in advance every single week even if the scheme wasn't ordered by them. It's not like he was just out there spitting encyclopedic knowledge from memory, dude had dozens of laminated sheets that all three could see.

Last edited:

- He obviously wasn't very careful about covering his actions so its highly unlikely he never told a soul associated with the program about it
- It's at the very least negligent for Harbaugh or the OC/DC to have never questioned how he was so good, how he had the materials he had prepped in advance every single week even if the scheme wasn't ordered by them. It's not like he was just out there spitting encyclopedic knowledge from memory, dude had dozens of laminated sheets that all three could see.
i agree he's the fall guy but are we sure he wasn't wealthy enough to afford it?

i agree he's the fall guy but are we sure he wasn't wealthy enough to afford it?

Unless part of the scheme was making himself appear poor.

He was apparently airbnbing his house and either sleeping on his couch or in his car. Plus the vacuum repair business. Neither of those are the actions of the independently wealthy, which is how the Michigan fans were describing him.

Reactions: dswartz
Still not sure why everyone is still saying suspension. They were careful not to suspend him to the point the Big Ten said this was punishing Michigan not Harbaugh.
Your statements here are correct as far as they go. On the other hand, I would note that the Big ten was not overly impressed with Michigan's lawyers or the threats that Michigan made.

B1G gets its three-game suspension and the NCAA will complete its investigation(s) if there is to be any further sanctions.

What I think happened is that with outside counsel looking at the facts, facts negative to both Harbaugh and Michigan were discovered. Both Michigan and Harbaugh didn't want Harbaugh to testify and have the choice of admitting the involvement of Michigan coaches or of committing perjury.

Unless part of the scheme was making himself appear poor.

He was apparently airbnbing his house and either sleeping on his couch or in his car. Plus the vacuum repair business. Neither of those are the actions of the independently wealthy, which is how the Michigan fans were describing him.
Doesn't his family have money? Maybe that was made up
I know "wealthy" people that live crazy lives that no one would know they had money.

Your statements here are correct as far as they go. On the other hand, I would note that the Big ten was not overly impressed with Michigan's lawyers or the threats that Michigan made.
That's fair--I don't think the Big Ten wanted this to go to court either though as they won't consider additional penalties now. A 3 game ban of the HC but allowing him to prepare the team isn't even a slap on the wrist. Both sides are probably happy right now. The Big Ten got to take action. Michigan wasn't truly penalized. Fan can pretend Michigan was harmed. Win-win-win.

That's fair--I don't think the Big Ten wanted this to go to court either though as they won't consider additional penalties now. A 3 game ban of the HC but allowing him to prepare the team isn't even a slap on the wrist. Both sides are probably happy right now. The Big Ten got to take action. Michigan wasn't truly penalized. Fan can pretend Michigan was harmed. Win-win-win.
Michigan if it can win against Ohio State, gets a chance to play for the national championship. That is all it cares about. If it later comes out that Michigan is very dirty in this matter the Michigan people won't care if they have a national championship in their pocket. I would say also that Michigan has been disrespecting Alabama and Georgia which both probably have more talent than Michigan. Typical Michigan arrogance for Harbaugh to talk about winning 15 games when he has only won about 10 to this point.

Reactions: Obliviax
Michigan if it can win against Ohio State, gets a chance to play for the national championship. That is all it cares about. If it later comes out that Michigan is very dirty in this matter the Michigan people won't care if they have a national championship in their pocket. I would say also that Michigan has been disrespecting Alabama and Georgia which both probably have more talent than Michigan. Typical Michigan arrogance for Harbaugh to talk about winning 15 games when he has only won about 10 to this point.
No disagreement here either. Georgia is still the team to beat IMO

Reactions: psuno1
Michigan won plain and simple - they showed the cheater the evidence and said either take the BS 3 game suspension or we go harder after you - i bet they are burning the evidence against hairbag as we speak - anyone who thinks justice was served is an idiot.

What I think happened is that with outside counsel looking at the facts, facts negative to both Harbaugh and Michigan were discovered. Both Michigan and Harbaugh didn't want Harbaugh to testify and have the choice of admitting the involvement of Michigan coaches or of committing perjury.
This exactly. To me the suspension of Harbaugh is really not a big deal. He’s involved with everything, but can’t be on the sidelines. UM knows there’s at least complicit knowledge of Stallions being on the sidelines yelling out formations and being involved in some way. No way he acted completely on his own. Putting Harbaugh in a position to have to give a deposition or testify is not a good situation for UM. UM rallied around Harbaugh and the players have really bought into the us vs. the world narrative so in a way it’s not a negative. I told a UM fan at the game on Saturday that it hurt PSU having Harbaugh banned from the sidelines as the UM players are angry and more focused than ever.

Reactions: AnotherNovaLion
To me the suspension of Harbaugh is really not a big deal
To me it is not a big deal but it is not nothing either. I believe it is the first time cheaters have been sanctioned during the season in which they have been cheating. At least an attempt was made to penalize the players who have benefited from the cheating.

Reactions: Thomas1945

I was thinking the same. It's just crazy, we know they all try to get a leg up, but at least be smarter about it. This seems about as blatant as it gets.

I would imagine that everyone is still saying suspension, because the press release issued by UM states that the U of Michigan and coach Harbaugh accept the three game SUSPENSION.

I would imagine that everyone is still saying suspension, because the press release issued by UM states that the U of Michigan and coach Harbaugh accept the three game SUSPENSION.
Fair but people were saying it prior and the Big Ten was very careful not to call it a suspension but a ban which is important.

This exactly. To me the suspension of Harbaugh is really not a big deal. He’s involved with everything, but can’t be on the sidelines. UM knows there’s at least complicit knowledge of Stallions being on the sidelines yelling out formations and being involved in some way. No way he acted completely on his own. Putting Harbaugh in a position to have to give a deposition or testify is not a good situation for UM. UM rallied around Harbaugh and the players have really bought into the us vs. the world narrative so in a way it’s not a negative. I told a UM fan at the game on Saturday that it hurt PSU having Harbaugh banned from the sidelines as the UM players are angry and more focused than ever.
So hairball was sitting in his hotel room. Does anyone know if the B2G had anyone there to make sure he wasn’t on his cell phone all game making calls? Was that even considered?

Doesn't his family have money? Maybe that was made up
I know "wealthy" people that live crazy lives that no one would know they had money.

Living a crazy life is different than sleeping in your car because you rented your house.

Living a crazy life is different than sleeping in your car because you rented your house.
True--maybe he was broke. Maybe mom and dad have money but he was spending more than he wanted them to know so he was doing things like that to get extra money. I don't put much past people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT