ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today article on Spencer Lee

Some odd revisionist history.

"Neither was as aggressively recruiting other wrestlers around Lee’s weight so he wanted to give the program he didn’t select a chance to pursue alternatives."

Guess the other 3 or 4 guys in the class around his weight that they had verbals from don't count.

Last edited:
The article refers to Lee as no.15. Is that a National ranking? Surely there aren't 14 wrestlers (at any weight) nationally ranked higher?

Wish this kid nothing but the best. And I'd be thrilled if he changes his mind. But Suriano seems like a good fit for us.

The article refers to Lee as no.15. Is that a National ranking? Surely there aren't 14 wrestlers (at any weight) nationally ranked higher?

Wish this kid nothing but the best. And I'd be thrilled if he changes his mind. But Suriano seems like a good fit for us.
The paper is going through athlete's from all sports, this was athlete #15. Athlete #16 is a girl's soccer star.

Reactions: andegre
Yeah, they don't count because they weren't being actively recruited aggressively since they were already committed. Also, it was 2 around his weight, not 3 or 4. Odd revisionist history that you are using.

Either way. Reality is Spencer was helping out other individuals, way more than the programs, in being able to move on with plans/enough time. But Lee can't really say that publically

Great opportunity for a deserving wrestler. Spencer Lee sure seems to have all the makings of a great one. It will be fun watching him compete these next several years.

It still makes me ill that he'll be wrestling for Iowa. I'm not sure how much i'll be able to enjoy his wrestling once he dons that singlet.:(

Will be one of the all time Iowa greats.
About 15 years ago, my then current wife and I decided mutually to divorce. We went our separate ways and wished each other the best. About two years later... she married a Doctor. Not exactly deep down inside what I was wishing for her.:confused: For some reason the whole Spencer Lee to Iowa gives me that same feeling. ;)

The Girls Soccer star is NJ's Frankie Tagliaferri...a rising HS SR who according to the article is committed to play soccer at Penn State!

I've seen her play. She is excellent. Currently she's participating in the U-17 National Camp, and stands a good chance of being named to the U-17 team for the 2016 FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup, which is being held in Jordan in October. If I recall correctly she plays forward on her club team, but plays midfield for the US National team.

And now, back to wrestling talk. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT