ADVERTISEMENT

US Open

PJ Duke just lost to someone I’ve never heard of 11-5, the 55kg quarters are insane!! Jesuroga vs Gibson, Lauridsen vs Gorman, Peterson vs Orine, Forrest vs Davino! Gibson just beat one of the Williams twins, Gorman beat Herring, Peterson beat Meza, and Davino beat DeLuca. Absolutely insane weight!

PJ Duke just lost to someone I’ve never heard of 11-5, the 55kg quarters are insane!! Jesuroga vs Gibson, Lauridsen vs Gorman, Peterson vs Orine, Forrest vs Davino! Gibson just beat one of the Williams twins, Gorman beat Herring, Peterson beat Meza, and Davino beat DeLuca. Absolutely insane weight!
I'm surprised, I thought PJ was definitely tier 1,but maybe it's too soon for him

Reactions: Str8DBLz
ICR, did Herring make the team last year?

8 mins to when Flo says Finals start. Nico vs Rodriquez should be first match if that’s true. Don’t see it in upcoming bouts list. Anyone able to assist?

Last edited:
No wrestling feed and no message from Flo as to why. Nothing even from their Twitter feed.

I know… you’re all shocked.

• Haha
Reactions: diggerpup
No wrestling feed and no message from Flo as to why. Nothing even from their Twitter feed.

I know… you’re all shocked.
FWIW FloArena Mat 1 seems to have all the Sr Finals and appeared to remain in a holding pattern (before it disappeared), if that provides some consolation.

Maybe Mat 1 stream went down and they're making an adjustment.

Reactions: mcpat
Steen wrestling mat 8 right now. Feed is working.

Awesome for Howard to pin his way to 3rd. Looks like the shoulder injury was just a stinger, thank God.

I've heard some rumblings from people at the event that the weight cut is tough for Robbie right now, which would add up to him looking terrible his first match off the scale and wrestling back for 3rd (Pat McKee much? lol) This was also his first wrestling event in 1+ year though it could be rust also. Either way, plenty of time to get his weight under control also for the season. I think him still going 125 though definitely bodes well for signs of RBY returning next year (I know a lot of people say they heard he will but nothing if official until RBY says so)

Kid is from RI. Placed at Fargo, Beast & NHSCAs.

Happy to say he's wrestling at ETR next year.

I was just considering a weird factoid that occurred to me.
Isaiah Martinez had a great career at Illinois. He started his career with two straight national championships. He was a 4x NCAA finalist. Can't do much better than that.

But I've actually watched only 4 of his matches. And he's lost every one of them. I watched when he was undefeated for his career and Jason Nolf planted him with a weird Nolf-like move. Then Cenzo beat him in back-to-back NCAA finals, including that infamous inside trip to a pin. Then yesterday I was watching when he took on David McFadden.

I was excited to watch Imar wrestle because Cenzo had just upset Ringer and I thought it likely that we'd witness a 3rd Cenzo-Imar collision. Right. Imar had the match well in hand, when McFadden threw a cradle and decked him again. Geez, I've watched 4 Imar matches, and he was decked 3 times.

I figure I'm a curse for Imar. I had the same problem watching the Flyers when I lived in Philly. Every time I turned on a Flyers game, the other team scored within a minute (one time it was 10 seconds), till I figured the Flyers would be a lot better off if I didn't watch them. Just to help him out, I'm giving up watching Imar.

Levi loses on criteria to Michael Caliendo of NDSU, seems like a solid opponent, just redshirted at NDSU and is #16 165 for 2022-2023 per Wrestlestat (yes I know those aren't the most reliable)

Cenzo just put McFadden’s face through the mat defending an OOB takedown attempt.

Wasn’t able to watch Levi’s match. Anyone watch it and can tell me how it went? Really glad Robbie isn’t hurt! Kid is fearless bombing people from all over. Facundo just cruised through this bracket. No one close. Hopefully some other top guys show up for trials. Nolf is so damn good. Can’t wait to see him and Dake and see if he really has jumped up into that top level in the world. I think he has but we will see.

Reactions: diggerpup
Wasn’t able to watch Levi’s match. Anyone watch it and can tell me how it went? Really glad Robbie isn’t hurt! Kid is fearless bombing people from all over. Facundo just cruised through this bracket. No one close. Hopefully some other top guys show up for trials. Nolf is so damn good. Can’t wait to see him and Dake and see if he really has jumped up into that top level in the world. I think he has but we will see.
Pair of shot clock points to make it 1-1. Big 4 on a double that would’ve been nothing in folk. Head pinch to cut it to 5-3, then a 4-2 exchange that made it 7-7 but last score for the other guy. Probably waited a bit too long to push the pace.

Reactions: zzs006
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT