ADVERTISEMENT

Urban, OSU, Endowment

Some "alleged" wife beaters are innocent.

And, as for his knowledge, no one has heard from Shelly Meyer yet and her explanation of what occurred is one of the most important, if not most important, facet of the case. Yet everyone is jumping on UM as if they know all of the important facts. If she says she kept the info from UM or downplayed it substantially, UM is off the hook.

Of course, on top of this is the issue that in my mind, UM (if he didn't interfere) should be allowed to rely on the findings of a police department in making his personnel decisions. He shouldn't have the duty to investigate the family life of his coaches and become judge and jury on domestic violence issues.
You sure have a lot of mouth! Get that at O$U?

My point was simple and direct. You didn’t refute any part of it in any way. I’m embarrassed for you.

You have no point. Just a bunch of cliches strung together with no relation to the topic at hand. It is a point of pride for me that someone as dense as you claims to be "embarrassed" for me.

You have no point. Just a bunch of cliches strung together with no relation to the topic at hand.
Good lord. Let me put it in simpler language for you. People who lie, insult others, and deflect attention to unrelated topics while arguing their point are generally full of crap. You’ve done all of those things over and over in this thread. Go back and read your own words.

It’s nothing personal, and you may be a decent guy in day to day life, but in this thread you are completely full of shit as you maniacally try to defend an indefensible position. If this is a troll job, you’re doing nice work. If you’re legitimately trying to argue, bless your heart.

Aside from the fact that you have - unfortunately - found a couple folks “indiscreet” enough to actually engage with your idiotic asshole-ic bullsh$t..... WTF is the point of your disgusting presence?
Rhetorical question. (Please) Don’t attempt to answer.

Hopefully, though you are - obviously -an incorrigible azzhole, your presence will be mitigated by folks limiting their responses to you to a simple STFU..... or complete abstinence.

With that..... STFU.
Good point, storming. My bad for feeding the troll. I’ll take your direction here and stop responding...

Reactions: stormingnorm
You have no point. Just a bunch of cliches strung together with no relation to the topic at hand. It is a point of pride for me that someone as dense as you claims to be "embarrassed" for me.

Just a "bunch of cliches" ---- LOL. YOUR original reply to him was nothing but "big words strung together in an attempt to look intellectually sophisticated."

One thing is for sure --- I have not seen anybody on this board, even some of the left-leaning folk on the Politics Board you like to deride --- who plays the "whataboutism" game to the degree that you do.

Are you an adult? If so do you have a wife and/or children? If not do not do you live in your parents basement? I bet all your relatives are thrilled that you have wasted an entire day on this foolishness. No. I’m serious, I really mean that they must be thrilled that you’re not annoying them. Well I’m done listening to your sorry defense of wife beaters and habitual liars. Have a Buckeye Day

So what percentage odds on him staying ?

0% for one instance of him lying. Have no idea what his chances are on all of the other issues until we hear what Shelly Meyer has to say. Also, she or the wives of the assistant coaches may have some interesting texts from CS.

Yo dailybuck,

"And, as for his knowledge, no one has heard from Shelly Meyer yet and her explanation of what occurred is one of the most important, if not most important, facet of the case. Yet everyone is jumping on UM as if they know all of the important facts. If she says she kept the info from UM or downplayed it substantially, UM is off the hook."
- You really think she is the most imp facet of this case? Surely you cant be serious? You dont think your wife (if she loves you) would take the fall for you if you were the face of a major university (and were earning millions to support the family)? If you dont think so, then fvck off!

"Of course, on top of this is the issue that in my mind, UM (if he didn't interfere) should be allowed to rely on the findings of a police department in making his personnel decisions. He shouldn't have the duty to investigate the family life of his coaches and become judge and jury on domestic violence issues."
- Ohh yeah? Why did people expect Paterno to morally do more and become "judge and jury on child endangerment issues"? If you weren't part of that group, but at the same time you weren't shouting this from the roof tops to your OSU brethren, then fvck off!

"Again, Meyer should be able to rely on the police. I question the sincerity of a lot of people attacking Meyer since so little attention has been given to the police. I wouldn't be surprised if either police department screwed up. Both police departments do, and should, have much more responsibility for DV than Meyer. Meyer, and other coaches, should be able to rely on the police to do their job."
- Ohh really.. i wonder which fan base has been trying to state this fact for a while.. Just fvck off!

"Yes, he can. The question is would they terminate him for this one instance."
- Man o man, you would be surprised. Look what 60+ years of hard work and Success with Honor got Paterno! Ohh and fvck off!

"So, what I see is a lynch mob trying to tie superficially related events to smear OSU before all of the evidence is in."
- Ohh whoopty fvcking do! Welcome to our world, you twat!

"Generalizations unsupported by specifics. The fallacy of not knowing what you are talking about and the inability to logically or factually support your undisclosed opinions related to the subject at hand."
- Again, welcome to our world! And again, fvck off!

"Unfortunately, for you in attacking me, you have yet to cite one word of mine or one point and simply repeat mindless, unsupported generalizations."
- This is exactly what your fan base does everyday. You and all your OSU know-it-all's should just fvck off!

You often tell us that you weren't part of that group that thought Paterno was also at fault. If you weren't defending Paterno on your boards like how you are defending Urban here day and night, against your OSU pals, then dont come here and lecture us. No one here is interested in your BS!

Anndd in case i didnt make it clear.. Just fvck off!

So why have we NOT heard from Shelley? She could have resolved this issue for bootlickers like you once and for all a week ago .

"I never believed for a moment that Zach abused Courtney, and I never spoke with Urban about it." As soon as she mouths some baldfaced lie like Urban's, you will announce that it is true, and since it is true, there's nothing to see here. I cannot imagine what she's waiting for.

Unless of course they are a little worried about what texts or emails Coutney might still have which will make a liar out of Shelley. Lol. DB, when she is shown to be fudging it hard to cover for her husband and keep that 7 mil coming in the door every year, make sure you own it.

0% for one instance of him lying. Have no idea what his chances are on all of the other issues until we hear what Shelly Meyer has to say. Also, she or the wives of the assistant coaches may have some interesting texts from CS.

I bet Tom Herman's wife has some interesting texts from CS......

No. I believe Andy Geiger was AD during the last years when Strauss was doc who assaulted people. Michael Drake, the current OSU president has only been president since 2014. Since 1996, OSU has had about 6 presidents.

He did receive raises, but so did everyone at OSU. He was the lowest paid assistant on the staff. So what.

No. The wrestling issues ended in 1996. Besides, the dead doctor who committed felonies, the worst that anyone at OSU did, was commit the misdemeanor crime of not reporting a felony. This duty if applicable (close question whether witnesses would know that Doc was committing felonies that would prompt their criminal law duty to report) was equally applicable to all of the student wrestlers as it was was to assistant coach Jim Jordan.

The diving issue is Mickey Mouse. Upon finding out about the misdeeds, the coach was fired within 2 weeks.

We will see in the next week or so whether there was a football scandal involving UM. The mother of CS says that CS was not a victim. We still haven't heard from the most important witness, Shelly Meyer.

So, what I see is a lynch mob trying to tie superficially related events to smear OSU before all of the evidence is in.
You need to catch up...the mother of CS has said she has text messages she sent ZS discussing the abuse. She has not said that CS was not a victim.

You need to catch up...the mother of CS has said she has text messages she sent ZS discussing the abuse. She has not said that CS was not a victim.

The mother has appeared to flip flop and is really not credible. Heck, she may have gotten a visit from "the bag man"......

The mother has appeared to flip flop and is really not credible. Heck, she may have gotten a visit from "the bag man"......
OSU fans would use Charles Manson as a source if he had said something negative about CS. Obviously the mother is unstable, but OSU fans are locked into the one account where she supposedly stated her daughter was not a victim...that time she was believable, but when she said her daughter was a victim, that time doesn’t mean anything.

Ohio St must fire Urban Meyer, Greg Schiano, Kevin Wilson and their AD and any other athletic department staff that have looked the other way on the football, wrestling, and diving scandals.

Sadly, Ohio St fans will continue to anchor to their eventual former head coach because, well, football. They fear losing competitiveness on the football field more than they desire to do the right thing for their university long term, for all women, and for the young men in their program currently learning how to not be a man. But if they could only step away from the situation they would realize that there is ONLY one solution to the problem that they have created.

The competitiveness on the Ohio St football field either takes a hit now or a much bigger one over a much longer timeframe later. Let's say Ohio St tries to keep their current staff and AD. Here is what is very likely.

First, from a university wide impact, students will lose their trust. True, many are already fully indoctrinated in their football mania. But they are also smart enough to see the many data points in a horrific trend.

1) Ohio St wrestlers permitted to be sexually abused by a long time Ohio St employee for decades

2) Diving team scandal with more student athletes abused

3) Coach Meyer rehiring and promoting a coach at Ohio St that he knew had spouse abuse issues

4) Ohio St and Meyer allowing spouse abuser coach to continue to coach since 2015 until 2018 when the public found out about the 2015 incident

5) Meyer lying publically about his knowledge of the wife abuser's 2015 incident

6) Meyer not really apologizing even after changing his statement when evidence is publically available days after he lied about his knowledge of the wife abuser's 2015 incident

7) Defensive Coordinator Greg Schiano having worked directly under Sandusky and fired from his last job for autoritarian style

8) Offensive Coordinator Kevin Wilson fired from his last job at Indiana for mistreating and abusing players including forcing them to play through major injuries against medical staff judgment

9) Meyer's history of cheating on his wife while at Florida with coeds the same age as his own daughters

10) Meyer's fallout left behind at Florida from having no discipline on that team and eventually having a team full of criminals to include murderer Aaron Hernandez who was suspended for one game with one of his many run ins with the law

11) Ohio St hired both Schiano (who Tennessee very publically rejected) and Wilson despite their previous scandals and player abuses just like they hired Meyer after his infidelity and legal issues at Florida that lead to a mental breakdown and implosion of that program, just like Meyer rehired Zach Smith while intimately knowing about his spouse abuse problem, get the picture? Ohio St is intentionally bringing in people who win but seem to completely lack any morals and have long histories of abuse.

So any reasonably informed student and parent much less student athlete really has very little trust that they will not also be subject to mistreatment and abuse as the prominent Ohio St staff and administration have not just permitted but actually perpetrated abuses themselves.

Meyer, who is already underperforming with the ridiculous amount of talent on that team, will begin to lose more and more top recruits. Why would any recruit with power 5 options chose a school with a history of abusing, sexually molesting, and mistreating its student athletes with a head coach in Meyer who very publically lies, covers for abuse, cheats on his own spouse, and hires abusers such as Smith, Offensive Coordinator Kevin Wilson who abused and mistreated players at Indiana, and Defensive Coordinator Greg Schiano who was very publically rejected by Tennessee for his former scandals and authoritarian style?

It's not like one incident which potentially may or may not be all of the information. It is widespread abuse scandals touching several Ohio St teams, the head football coach and both of his coordinators, all with multiple abuse issues. It is pervasive. You can't explain all of it away even through the most scarlet colored lenses. Eventually all recruits will have common knowledge of the pervasive abuses tied to Ohio St and particularly the men leading it's football program. They have to know that they would be in the hands of people who have abused, lied, looked the other way, and mistreated many before them. No amount of former draft picks can undo that. No amount of $500 hand shakes would make a reasonable person take a risk on an entire program of untrustworthy people. Recruiting will slowly die as people become more and more informed. And Meyer is already underperforming.

So Ohio St can rip the bandage off quickly now or they can die a slow death with public admission of their support of abuse for the sake of football. I suspect their administration is smart enough to swallow the pill now instead of killing the golden goose for a better 2018 season. I suspect most Ohio St fans know that is the right thing to do for their future and standing up to abusers, those who look the other way, and those who are silent in the face of evil.

Last edited:
Reactions: odshowtime

You think it’s a reasonable possibility that Shelly Meyer told Courtney Smith that she was going to have to tell her husband about the abuse, be encouraged to do so by Courtney Smith to do so, then not have told Urban about the continual abuse by his assistant coach of his wife? After they have had a long-term relationship with them, including “counseling” them on this issue?
That’s some real head-in-the-sand thinking. Keep it up though.

What I have seen was Mcmurphy showing texts that conflict with mother's statements about CS. Mother denying validity of texts. See eleven warriors forum and thread.

Last edited:
"See eleven warriors forum and thread."

For what? Rapid Urbbots?

For pictures of an actual text if you want to get off your lazy *ss. Mother asks "where is proof they are from my phone." There are links to texts quoted by Mcmurphy.

For pictures of an actual text if you want to get off your lazy *ss. Mother asks "where is proof they are from my phone." There are links to texts quoted by Mcmurphy.

I saw the texts on Saturday via AP articles. I'm sure they are real. As far as the mother, her grammar and spelling make her look look illiterate. Odds are she has a drinking or psych issues. I saw her response on Saturday or Sunday. Probably got a visit from the "bag man". I dont need to go to Eleven Warriors, a website that sat on this story for two years to get my information.

Reactions: odshowtime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT