ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer to Nebraska

I just invested heavily in heart monitoring equipment. Now go over to the Rutgers board and post a rumor that Schiano is interested.
Gotta be careful there as they'll ban me in a heartbeat. To say they're a sensitive group is an understatement. Almost as bad as the Lair

Osborne also recruited California really well.
Agree, not arguing but the problem is the Nebraska hasn't been a power in decades now and kids today just don't remember the Osborne years and it gets harder and harder as time passes.

A cursory look at the 1994 team had 13 players from California on the team. Surprised that a majority of their players were from "Nebraska." How demographics have changed that there were that many from their home state.

A cursory look at the 1994 team had 13 players from California on the team. Surprised that a majority of their players were from "Nebraska." How demographics have changed that there were that many from their home state.
Nebraska for a good while was ahead of the curve in strength training to develop kids who had fairly ordinary athletic ability.

They may also have been ahead of the curve in......shall we say "supplements".

Nebraska for a good while was ahead of the curve in strength training to develop kids who had fairly ordinary athletic ability.

O yeah lots of Upjohn Winstrol, fort dodge equipoise, laurabolin by intervet and finnajet back in the late 80’s, early 90’s

I think that’s most of it, along with the system they ran. Really good kids within a 300 mile radius of Lincoln went there automatically. They had significant advantages in strength training and roids in the 70’s and 80’s, and ran a prefect system for the talent they had.

The Big 8 also sucked so they were pretty much guaranteed 8 wins a year, and all those inflated high rankings and bowl games attracted enough “athletes” from far away. They also recruited the bottom of the barrel kids academically and behavior wise that other schools wouldn’t touch. The took kids that USC, Michigan, Notre Dame, PSU etc wouldn’t.

Lastly, I’ll be blunt. 40 years ago the game was about power over speed, and they won big with a bunch of tough, roided up farm boys. Now it’s speed, speed and speed.

Those type of kids aren't going to Nebby any longer - no need to and what NIL will they get in Lincoln? I don't see that job as all that attractive any longer - they have been down for a very long time and I don't see them recruiting enough to get back to any semblance of success. Lucky they are in the BIG10 West but how long will there even be a BIG10 West?

Reactions: bourbon n blues
They probably over-reacted by firing Frost. If you were going to fire Frost you do it after 2021 or after 2022. Once you bring him into 2022 to coach I say you play it out and get rid of him at the end of the season and start shopping in earnest. Can't get a good hire now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT