ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA/Wash/USC games next season

djm_psu_alum

Nov 30, 2016
PSU plays at USC next Oct 12
UCLA plays at PSU on Oct 5
Wash plays at PSU on 11/9

Schedule comes out later today but these games have been tweeted out.

Reactions: LandoComando
PSU plays at USC next Oct 12
UCLA plays at PSU on Oct 5
Wash plays at PSU on 11/9

Schedule comes out later today but these games have been tweeted out.
great but seems backwards. I'd much rather play in SoCal late in the season for the weather. Why not play them at home in the best weather of the fall in PA? I am guessing it will be home and home but emphasize home games for good weather teams late in the fall.

great but seems backwards. I'd much rather play in SoCal late in the season for the weather. Why not play them at home in the best weather of the fall in PA? I am guessing it will be home and home but emphasize home games for good weather teams late in the fall.
Can't speak to that but USC is going to Minnesota on Oct 5 which a lot better than late Nov. UCLA is going to Rutgers on Oct 12, again much better than November. It's just the first conference schedule, I'm sure they will get their taste of east coast fall/winter weather in the years to come.

The Oct 12th game will probably be a 12:30 or 4:30 game and we tend to get some hot Octobers in LA (with the exception of this year's) so that game could be quite toasty.

Reactions: Obliviax
Can't speak to that but USC is going to Minnesota on Oct 5 which a lot better than late Nov. UCLA is going to Rutgers on Oct 12, again much better than November. It's just the first conference schedule, I'm sure they will get their taste of east coast fall/winter weather in the years to come.

The Oct 12th game will probably be a 12:30 or 4:30 game and we tend to get some hot Octobers in LA (with the exception of this year's) so that game could be quite toasty.
great points.

I won't be shocked to see the B1G move to more night games, EST, to accommodate the west. I see a lot of 7:00 pm games on the west coast.

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
Something’s not right. How did they miss giving us Oregon also.
Why would anyone be concerned about playing these teams? We dominated their conference champion in the Rose Bowl last year. Top to bottom it's a better conference but their top isn't as good as the best of the Big Ten or SEC.

Why would anyone be concerned about playing these teams? We dominated their conference champion in the Rose Bowl last year. Top to bottom it's a better conference but their top isn't as good as the best of the Big Ten or SEC.
they are good teams. I think a notch below UM and tOSU but better than Iowa/Wiscy. And while I think we beat Utah anyway, their QB got hurt in the second quarter.

And they're interesting games. I'd have been happy if we played all 4 instead of Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Iowa, etc. It's nice to change things up. UCLA, USC and Washington plus Ohio State give us 4 legit games next year. That's so much better than a 2 game season

Reactions: mnuccio2
And they're interesting games. I'd have been happy if we played all 4 instead of Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Iowa, etc. It's nice to change things up. UCLA, USC and Washington plus Ohio State give us 4 legit games next year. That's so much better than a 2 game season
Pac12 gets a bad rap in some ways. I don't think the conference is as strong as the national media is touting it this year (IMHO part of that is guilt/sympathy for the death of the conference) but playing AT Washington and AT Oregon are no jokes. They have real home field advantages with their stadiums and crowds. UCLA won't have that type of home field advantage. USC is a bit different. Much more of a "LA" type crowd. Can and will get loud but not reliably.

I see these as difficult games for us and that’s OK . I think the quality of football played will be much better even if we lose a few more games . PSU has shown it struggles to be elite so just give me some good football .

Pac12 gets a bad rap in some ways. I don't think the conference is as strong as the national media is touting it this year (IMHO part of that is guilt/sympathy for the death of the conference) but playing AT Washington and AT Oregon are no jokes. They have real home field advantages with their stadiums and crowds. UCLA won't have that type of home field advantage. USC is a bit different. Much more of a "LA" type crowd. Can and will get loud but not reliably.

The PAC12 won its OOC games in Sept vs P5 teams.

Utah beat Florida.
Wazzou beat Wisky.
Washington beat Sparty.

That boosted them, even if none of them are ranked today.

Schedules were designed to reduce long-distance travel during the last 4 games when players are the mist fatigued.

A 4/4:30pm game at the Rose Bowl in November is a nice experience. Weather is better than Jan 1/Rose Bowl and you still get the sun setting over the San Gabriel mountains.
I thought those mountains were east of LA. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT